Here's a Fox News Anchor Telling a White House Aide to 'Go on Offense' Against the Media
2018-08-04 23:03:47 UTC
https://splinternews.com/heres-a-fox-news-anchor-telling-a-white-house-aide-to-g-1828093086

Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer, who is very much a part of the media himself, told
a White House staffer to “go on offense” against the media on Friday.

On Friday’s America’s Newsroom, Hemmer—who is supposed to be one of Fox News’
“objective,” non-ideological voices—and co-anchor Sandra Smith interviewed White
House aide Mercedes Schlapp about the fight between White House Press Secretary
Sarah Sanders and CNN’s Jim Acosta.

Acosta had walked out of the White House press briefing on Thursday when Sanders
refused to say the media is not the “enemy of the people.”

Schlapp stood by Sanders.

“You know, fake news is dangerous,” she said. “We know for a fact that many of
these so-called news reporters, okay, that go out there have a complete disdain
for President Trump.”

Schlapp continued by saying that “90 percent of the media coverage” for Trump
has been negative, and ranted about how the liberal media pushes out fake news,
both of which are very vague, false statements.

https://youtu.be/BN15hqBjz3E

Hemmer reacted very sympathetically, encouraging Schlapp to be even more
combative with reporters.

“I don’t think you should be defensive about this, you need to go on offense,”
he said. What the hell?

Hemmer concluded the interview with a comment he wouldn’t have made if he was a
real journalist: “are you tired of winning?”

It might not surprise you to learn that Hemmer has reportedly been floated as a
possible successor to Sanders as White House press secretary. The segment proved
once again that Fox News is only interested in impressing Trump by throwing all
other normal journalists—those who are actually doing their jobs to keep the
president accountable—under the bus.

*
Byker
2018-08-04 23:07:41 UTC
"Miloch" wrote in message news:***@drn.newsguy.com...

> https://splinternews.com/heres-a-fox-news-anchor-telling-a-white-house-aide-to-g-1828093086
>
> Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer, who is very much a part of the media himself,
> told a White House staffer to “go on offense” against the media on Friday.

You got any better suggestions?