Roseanne: Ambien I Took 2 Nights Ago Made Me Racist for the Last Several Years
2018-05-30 14:48:43 UTC
https://jezebel.com/roseanne-ambien-i-took-2-nights-ago-made-me-racist-for-1826417028

Look, it’s not that hard. Roseanne Barr lost her show, the eponymous Roseanne,
because of a racist tweet. But as she revealed in another, now-deleted tweet
late Tuesday night, Barr only made that horribly racist joke about former Obama
advisor Valerie Jarrett in the first place because she was out of her mind on
Ambien.

“guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me,” Barr explained on
Twitter. “It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting-it was memorial day
too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible. I made
a mistake I wish I hadn’t.”

Yeah, it was a huge mistake to take that Ambien one time two nights ago, which
made her racist for the past several years. We’re assuming the Ambien she took
two nights ago also compelled her, five years ago, to make the same racist joke
about former national security advisor Susan Rice. And, presumably, the Ambien
Roseanne Barr took two nights ago was also responsible for her Islamophobic
comments in 2016 about Huma Abedin, whom she called a “jew hater” and a “filthy
nazi whore.” A known side effect of Ambien is memory loss. A thus-far unstudied
side effect of Ambien is being extremely racist.

Sanofi US
✔ @SanofiUS

People of all races, religions and nationalities work at Sanofi every day to
improve the lives of people around the world. While all pharmaceutical
treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi
medication.

6:57 AM - May 30, 2018

Jarrett has taken the high road and called Barr’s racism “a teaching moment.”
Indeed, it is be a teaching moment for us, about Roseanne: her Ambien-induced
racism is, apparently, retroactive.

*
Mitchell Holman
2018-05-30 18:19:32 UTC
https://jezebel.com/roseanne-ambien-i-took-2-nights-ago-made-me-racist-
for-1826417028
Look, it’s not that hard. Roseanne Barr lost her show, the eponymous
Roseanne, because of a racist tweet. But as she revealed in another,
now-deleted tweet late Tuesday night, Barr only made that horribly
racist joke about former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett in the first
place because she was out of her mind on Ambien.
“guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me,” Barr
explained on Twitter. “It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien
tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it
defended-it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I
hadn’t.”
The people I feel sorry for are the rest of
her show, the writers, the costars, the directors,
all out of work now because of her vile rants.
Post by Miloch
Yeah, it was a huge mistake to take that Ambien one time two nights
ago, which made her racist for the past several years. We’re assuming
the Ambien she took two nights ago also compelled her, five years ago,
to make the same racist joke about former national security advisor
Susan Rice. And, presumably, the Ambien Roseanne Barr took two nights
ago was also responsible for her Islamophobic comments in 2016 about
Huma Abedin, whom she called a “jew hater” and a “filthy nazi whore.”
A known side effect of Ambien is memory loss. A thus-far unstudied
side effect of Ambien is being extremely racist.
After Rosanne's crotch-grabbing butchery of the
national anthem it is mystery why ANY conservative
would give her the time of day, much less welcome
her new show.

But she openly supported Trump, so all sins are
forgiven and she is a True Believer.
Mark Shaw
2018-05-30 19:35:04 UTC
The makers of Ambien respond:

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks