The Roger Ailes Movie May Have Found Its Gretchen Carlson in Nicole Kidman
2018-08-01 20:03:32 UTC
https://themuse.jezebel.com/the-roger-ailes-movie-may-have-found-its-gretchen-carls-1828028487

The Hollywood casting machine has been looking for the perfect, steely blondes
to staff up the new movie focusing on the late Fox News chief Roger Ailes and
the women he sexually harassed who brought his awful behavior to light. With
Charlize Theron already producing and cast as Megyn Kelly, the project has
reportedly found its Gretchen Carlson: Nicole Kidman.

Variety reports that Kidman is in talks to play Carlson in the project, directed
by Jay Roach with a script by The Big Short co-writer Charles Randolph (not
exactly who I’d pick for a project shaping up with an incredible cast but, oh
well!) The role is understandably extremely important given that it was Carlson
who first filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Ailes in 2016, which led to
more than a dozen other women coming forward with similar stories about his
predatory harassment.

At the same time, there’s also a Showtime mini-series in the works about sexual
harassment at Fox News with Russell Crowe recently cast as Ailes! So if you were
looking forward to not being bombarded with a constant media cycle and
subsequent glamorizing entertainment about sexual harassment, that time has not
yet come.

2018-08-01 21:05:59 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> reportedly found its Gretchen Carlson: Nicole Kidman.

I was going to say something past real life experience with an abusive man, but
that would just be mean.

An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Miloch
2018-08-01 22:06:14 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
Cruise says...

>In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
>wrote:
>
>> reportedly found its Gretchen Carlson: Nicole Kidman.
>
>I was going to say something past real life experience with an abusive man, but
>that would just be mean.

One of the comments to the article was this interesting one:

"This is so gross. Kidman has and is good friends with Rupert Murdoch and his ex
wife Wendi. Kidman went with the Murdoch’s and Ivanka Trump to the Baptism of
Wendi and Rupert’s children in Jordan. So she has been chummy with the enabling
monster of Murdoch and now gets to swoop in as the noble actress in the in this
biopic, Hollywood is a horrific cesspool."

2018-08-01 22:23:08 UTC
<***@newsguy.com> wrote:

> In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>,
> Siri Cruise says...
> >
> >In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> reportedly found its Gretchen Carlson: Nicole Kidman.
> >
> >I was going to say something past real life experience with an abusive man,
> >but that would just be mean.
> >

> One of the comments to the article was this interesting one:
>
> "This is so gross. Kidman has and is good friends with Rupert Murdoch and his
> ex wife Wendi. Kidman went with the Murdochs and Ivanka Trump to the Baptism
> of Wendi and Rupert's children in Jordan. So she has been chummy with the
> enabling monster of Murdoch and now gets to swoop in as the noble actress in
> the in this biopic, Hollywood is a horrific cesspool."

Might be helpful if she remotely resembled Carlson though, I guess I
could buy Theron as Kelly.
Siri Cruise
2018-08-01 23:05:05 UTC
wrote:

> In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>,
> Siri
> Cruise says...
> >
> >In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> reportedly found its Gretchen Carlson: Nicole Kidman.
> >
> >I was going to say something past real life experience with an abusive man,
> >but
> >that would just be mean.
> >

> One of the comments to the article was this interesting one:
>
> "This is so gross. Kidman has and is good friends with Rupert Murdoch and his
> ex
> wife Wendi. Kidman went with the Murdoch’s and Ivanka Trump to the Baptism of
> Wendi and Rupert’s children in Jordan. So she has been chummy with the
> enabling
> monster of Murdoch and now gets to swoop in as the noble actress in the in
> this
> biopic, Hollywood is a horrific cesspool."
>

> *

A different man. A little man. A short man. An alleged actor.