Ivana Trump Will Kick off Campaign to End Obesity in America With an Event at the Plaza
2018-06-07 00:22:44 UTC
https://jezebel.com/ivana-trump-will-kick-off-campaign-to-end-obesity-in-am-1826621733

Health hath no fury like Ivana Trump.

Page Six reported on Wednesday that the president’s ex-wife plans to end obesity
in America, first by launching an initiative at the Plaza Hotel in New York
City. She will reportedly be working on the campaign with Gianluca Mech, the
mastermind behind the “Italiano Diet,” which allows for adherents to “eat pasta,
cookies, and lose weight.”

Press materials obtained by Page Six proclaim “A new diet and exercise plan will
be announced before they begin their tour of the United States to encourage and
teach millions of people to have better eating habits and exercise.”

Ivana is famously in a kind of one-way feud with Melania—to me this feels
related, entering the spotlight the First Lady is stepping out of. Childhood
obesity was an issue Michelle Obama took on wholeheartedly, whereas Melania has
puttered around with a few advocacy ideas, like cyberbullying. I imagine it’s
hard, from a PR standpoint, to pick an issue when your husband, who is
president, has so many of them!

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/06/ivana-trump-wants-to-end-obesity-in-america/

*
Mitchell Holman
2018-06-07 02:11:34 UTC
[...]
Melania tried to make children't health
care her "cause", but then:

Trump Wants to Cancel $7 Billion from
a Children's Health Insurance Program
May 8, 2018

http://tinyurl.com/y7wfrk77
NoBody
2018-06-07 10:52:57 UTC
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 21:11:34 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Miloch
[...]
First of all it's the usual BS "Sources say". Secondly, here's the
quote:

"President Donald Trump’s administration is asking Congress to cancel
$15 billion in unspent government funds, including $7 billion from the
Children’s Health Insurance Program, a senior administration official
said Monday.

The proposal is a Republican effort to claim fiscal responsibility
after a deficit-increasing tax cut and a massive fiscal 2018 spending
bill.

It would cancel unspent money from previous years’ children’s health
insurance and would have no effect on current programs, the official
said. Other unspent funds that would be canceled include $4.3 billion
for a vehicle technology program and funds for Obamacare, the 2015
Ebola outbreak and railroad benefits."

In other words, the money wasn't spent, therefore it wasn't needed.
Typical Mitchie Holman dishonesty.