Trump Is Reportedly Very Jealous of All the Attention John McCain Is Getting Because He's Dead
2018-08-28 15:40:28 UTC
https://splinternews.com/trump-is-reportedly-very-jealous-of-all-the-attention-j-1828652373

If you were somehow lucky enough to have spent your Monday in a blissful fugue
state, please allow me to catch you up on what you missed.

First, the Trump administration raised the White House flag back to full-staff
after briefly lowering it following the death of Senator John McCain. Then
pundits started freaking the fuck out, until finally the flag was brought back
back down to half-staff once again. If this sounds like an immense waste of time
to you, you’re absolutely correct. It was deeply, deeply stupid.

But, if there’s one small upside to yesterday’s ridiculous exercise in
performative grief, it’s this: It reportedly drove President Donald Trump
bonkers.

Citing “people familiar with the situation,” the Wall Street Journal reports
that not only did Trump absolutely hate the fact that McCain’s death was
dominating the headlines, but he seemingly felt this sort of sort of emotive
garment-rending would be better suited on a Very Important Big Boy like himself.

Per the WSJ (emphasis mine):

White House officials said they prodded Mr. Trump for two days to put out a kind
word about Mr. McCain. Mr. Trump resisted, and viewed the news coverage of the
former senator’s death as over-the-top and more befitting a president.

By late Monday afternoon, Trump—whom WSJ reports was pushed hard by Press
Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders—finally relented and managed to scrape together
the bare minimum of nice words for his longtime antagonist in a terse press
statement about McCain. That evening he even went so far as to tell White House
guests that he “appreciate[s] everything Sen. McCain has done for our country.”

I can’t say for certain, but I’d bet everything in my pockets right now that he
then went back to the Oval Office, lined up his staff in alphabetical order, and
demanded they each say one nice thing about him, because he’s the president and
he deserves to experience love, too.

more
https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-john-mccains-death-white-house-flags-return-to-full-staff-1535389204

*
Bucko
2018-08-28 15:56:55 UTC
Miloch wrote

> https://splinternews.com/trump-is-reportedly-very-jealous-of-all-the-atte
> ntion-j-1828652373
>
> If you were somehow lucky enough to have spent your Monday in a blissful
> fugue state, please allow me to catch you up on what you missed.

Well, that's too bad.

If Trump wants the same attention, he knows what to do.
Siri Cruise
2018-08-28 19:45:53 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> White House officials said they prodded Mr. Trump for two days to put out a
> kind
> word about Mr. McCain. Mr. Trump resisted, and viewed the news coverage of
> the
> former senator’s death as over-the-top and more befitting a president.

Not to worry, Donny, we already have plans if you die in office. We'll put you
in a shopping cart, and wheel you out to dump you in a salt marsh off Maryland.

An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Tommy
2018-08-28 20:01:25 UTC
Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in

> In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
> <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> White House officials said they prodded Mr. Trump for two days to put
>> out a kind
>> word about Mr. McCain. Mr. Trump resisted, and viewed the news
>> coverage of the
>> former senator’s death as over-the-top and more befitting a
>> president.
>
> Not to worry, Donny, we already have plans if you die in office. We'll
> put you in a shopping cart, and wheel you out to dump you in a salt
> marsh off Maryland.

TDS at it's finest.