Discussion:
Oh, jeez. Sarah Palin punk'd by Sacha Baron Cohen
(too old to reply)
super70s
2018-07-11 08:57:30 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
by Evan Real
The Hollywood Reporter
7/11/2018

Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
Showtime series, Who Is America?

The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.

"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."

She continued: "This 'legit opportunity' to honor American Vets and
contribute to a 'legit Showtime historical documentary' was requested of
me via a speakers bureau."

Palin went on to say that she and one of her daughters traveled across
the country to meet with Cohen, who, she says, "had heavily disguised
himself as a disabled U.S. Veteran, fake wheelchair and all."

"Out of respect for what I was led to believe would be a thoughtful
discussion with someone who had served in uniform, I sat through a long
'interview' full of Hollywoodism's disrespect and sarcasm -- but finally
had enough and literally, physically removed my mic and walked out, much
to Cohen's chagrin," Palin elaborated. "The disrespect of our U.S.
military and middle-class Americans via Cohen's foreign commentaries
under the guise of interview questions was perverse."

Palin, who served as the ninth Governor of Alaska from 2006 until her
resignation in 2009, then offered a "challenge" to Cohen, CBS and
Showtime.

"Donate all proceeds to a charitable group that actually respects and
supports American Vets. Mock politicians and innocent public
personalities all you want, if that lets you sleep at night, but HOW
DARE YOU mock those who have fought and served our country," she wrote,
adding, "Truly sick."

Palin also claimed that "the Cohen/CBS/Showtime production team
purposefully dropped my daughter and me off at the wrong Washington, DC
airport after the fake interview, knowing we'd miss all flights back
home to Alaska." She added, "I wrote this off as yet another example of
the sick nature that is media-slash-entertainment today."

Palin concluded her Facebook post by letting Cohen know that the
daughter who accompanied her to the interview "thinks you're a piece of
****," asserting that "every honorable American Vet should feel the
same."

Showtime had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.

#
Miloch
2018-07-11 11:32:08 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
>
>Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>by Evan Real
>The Hollywood Reporter
>7/11/2018
>
>Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>Showtime series, Who Is America?
>
>>
>Palin concluded her Facebook post by letting Cohen know that the
>daughter who accompanied her to the interview "thinks you're a piece of
>****," asserting that "every honorable American Vet should feel the
>same."
>
>Showtime had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
>
>#

Just when you thought it was safe to go out, Palin shows up to remind us all
that she still struggles for relevancy.

...to quote the Trumperoonie..."Sad"



*
NoBody
2018-07-12 10:41:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 11 Jul 2018 04:32:08 -0700, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
>super70s says...
>>
>>Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>by Evan Real
>>The Hollywood Reporter
>>7/11/2018
>>
>>Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>
>>>
>>Palin concluded her Facebook post by letting Cohen know that the
>>daughter who accompanied her to the interview "thinks you're a piece of
>>****," asserting that "every honorable American Vet should feel the
>>same."
>>
>>Showtime had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
>>
>>#
>
>Just when you thought it was safe to go out, Palin shows up to remind us all
>that she still struggles for relevancy.

Just to point out, it wasn't Palin that caused the "story"...duh.
kensi
2018-07-11 14:59:11 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/11/2018 4:57 AM, super70s wrote:
> DARE YOU mock those who have fought and served our country," she wrote,
> adding, "Truly sick."
You misspelled "those who have fought and served our oil companies", Ms.
Palin. Unless it was World War II veterans at issue, which seems unlikely.

--
"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain
the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." ~David Brooks
"I get fooled all the time by the constant hosiery parade
in here." ~Checkmate
Ubiquitous
2018-07-11 15:04:20 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
***@gmail.nospam.invalid wrote:
>On 7/11/2018 4:57 AM, super70s wrote:

>> DARE YOU mock those who have fought and served our country," she wrote,
>> adding, "Truly sick."
>
>You misspelled "those who have fought and served our oil companies", Ms.
>Palin.

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
trotsky
2018-07-12 11:08:37 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/11/18 9:59 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 7/11/2018 4:57 AM, super70s wrote:
>> DARE YOU mock those who have fought and served our country," she wrote,
>> adding, "Truly sick."
> You misspelled "those who have fought and served our oil companies", Ms.
> Palin. Unless it was World War II veterans at issue, which seems unlikely.
>


Palin has fought the English language very strongly in service to her
country.
NoBody
2018-07-11 17:34:40 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
<***@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>by Evan Real
>The Hollywood Reporter
>7/11/2018
>
>Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>Showtime series, Who Is America?
>
>The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>
>"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."

Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
people?
Ubiquitous
2018-07-11 17:40:19 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
***@nowhere.com wrote:
> super70s <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>
>>The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>
>>"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>>"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>
>Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>people?

More specifically, what they perceive to be people and reps from "flyover
country"?

--
Mike Godwin
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
needlessly inflammatory or hyperbolic."
4:05 AM - June 24, 2018
m***@hotmail.com
2018-07-11 18:12:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 1:34:43 PM UTC-4, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
> >by Evan Real
> >The Hollywood Reporter
> >7/11/2018
> >
> >Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
> >unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
> >Showtime series, Who Is America?
> >
> >The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
> >an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
> >
> >"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
> >"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
> >victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
> >Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>
> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
> people?

DUUHHH !!! Why don't these LOSER conservatives bother to vet people they give secrets to?
Miloch
2018-07-11 18:55:23 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <45dae161-363c-4984-9a4c-***@googlegroups.com>,
***@hotmail.com says...
>
>On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 1:34:43 PM UTC-4, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> >Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>> >by Evan Real
>> >The Hollywood Reporter
>> >7/11/2018
>> >
>> >Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>> >unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>> >Showtime series, Who Is America?
>> >
>> >The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>> >an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>> >
>> >"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>> >"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>> >victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>> >Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>
>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>> people?
>
>DUUHHH !!! Why don't these LOSER conservatives bother to vet people they give
>secrets to?

Palin's mind is like a pinball machine with one broken flipper...her thoughts
and sense of logic just ricochet every which way.




*
Siri Cruise
2018-07-12 00:39:17 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <***@4ax.com>,
NoBody <***@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >"Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
> >"I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
> >victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
> >Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>
> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
> people?

Sascha is a comedian?

I don't feel that sorry for Palin: as a public person she should expect this
kind of thing have some filters up. What bothers me is when they go after just
folks who don't understand they are being ridiculed for the financial well being
of another. It's the reason I never watched David Letterman.

--
:-<> Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I'm saving up to buy the Donald a blue stone This post / \
from Metebelis 3. All praise the Great Don! insults Islam. Mohammed
trotsky
2018-07-12 11:07:41 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>> by Evan Real
>> The Hollywood Reporter
>> 7/11/2018
>>
>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>
>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>
>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>
> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
> people?
>


You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?
FPP
2018-07-12 22:22:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/12/18 7:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>> by Evan Real
>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>> 7/11/2018
>>>
>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>
>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>
>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>
>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>> people?
>>
>
>
> You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?

You know, a lot actors have that SAME problem! Those fuckers almost
NEVER play themselves!

And just WHAT is up with people in other countries? It's like them
bastards have a DIFFERENT word for EVERYTHING!

--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm
with you."
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-07-13 01:53:38 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 07/12/2018 06:22 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 7/12/18 7:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>>> by Evan Real
>>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>>> 7/11/2018
>>>>
>>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>>
>>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>>
>>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin
>>>> began.
>>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>>
>>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>>> people?
>>>
>>
>>
>> You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?
>
> You know, a lot actors have that SAME problem!  Those fuckers almost
> NEVER play themselves!

And when they do they do a damn poor job of it.



--
That's Karma


*Rumination*
54 - Nothing scares a Socialist more than free people exercising their
freedom.
FPP
2018-07-13 02:10:02 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 7/12/18 9:53 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
> On 07/12/2018 06:22 PM, FPP wrote:
>> On 7/12/18 7:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
>>> On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>>>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>>>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>>>> by Evan Real
>>>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>>>> 7/11/2018
>>>>>
>>>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>>>
>>>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>>>
>>>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin
>>>>> began.
>>>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>>>
>>>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>>>> people?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?
>>
>> You know, a lot actors have that SAME problem!  Those fuckers almost
>> NEVER play themselves!
>
> And when they do they do a damn poor job of it.

Cohen has now demanded an apology from Palin!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh7F6N8W0AE0Y3u.jpg

C'mon! Where is that great conservative sense of humor you guys keep
telling me that progs don't have?
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm
with you."
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
NoBody
2018-07-13 10:51:54 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:10:02 -0400, FPP <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 7/12/18 9:53 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
>> On 07/12/2018 06:22 PM, FPP wrote:
>>> On 7/12/18 7:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
>>>> On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>>>>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>>>>> by Evan Real
>>>>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>>>>> 7/11/2018
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>>>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>>>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>>>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin
>>>>>> began.
>>>>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>>>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>>>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>>>>
>>>>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>>>>> people?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?
>>>
>>> You know, a lot actors have that SAME problem!  Those fuckers almost
>>> NEVER play themselves!
>>
>> And when they do they do a damn poor job of it.
>
>Cohen has now demanded an apology from Palin!
>
>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh7F6N8W0AE0Y3u.jpg
>
>C'mon! Where is that great conservative sense of humor you guys keep
>telling me that progs don't have?

Cohen is officially a jackass.
NoBody
2018-07-13 10:50:47 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 06:07:41 -0500, trotsky <***@email.com> wrote:

>On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>> by Evan Real
>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>> 7/11/2018
>>>
>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>
>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>
>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>
>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>> people?
>>
>
>
>You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?

I don't know. You accepted the job?
Ubiquitous
2018-07-15 15:36:16 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <1EG1D.138657$***@fx16.iad>, ***@email.com wrote:
>On 7/11/18 12:34 PM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:57:30 -0500, super70s
>> <***@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>> Sarah Palin Says Sacha Baron Cohen Duped Her In 'Sick' Interview
>>> by Evan Real
>>> The Hollywood Reporter
>>> 7/11/2018
>>>
>>> Sarah Palin on Tuesday took to Facebook to reveal that she was
>>> unknowingly interviewed by comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for his upcoming
>>> Showtime series, Who Is America?
>>>
>>> The former Republican vice-presidential candidate said she sat down for
>>> an interview with Cohen thinking he was a wounded U.S. veteran.
>>>
>>> "Yup -- we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin began.
>>> "I join a long list of American public personalities who have fallen
>>> victim to the evil, exploitive, sick 'humor' of the British 'comedian'
>>> Sacha Baron Cohen, enabled and sponsored by CBS/Showtime."
>>
>> Why do these loser "comedians" think it's funny to pretend to be other
>> people?
>
>You mean because that's a sockpuppet's job?

You're the expert on the subject...
Loading...