Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross accused of swindling business associates out of more than $120 million
2018-08-07 15:35:38 UTC
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-wilbur-ross-stole-millions-20180807-story.html

President Trump’s commerce secretary may have bilked business associates out of
more than $120 million and could rank “among the biggest grifters in American
history,” according to a report released Tuesday.

An investigation — which included interviews with 21 people who have worked
closely with Wilbur Ross in the past — alleges that that the 80-year-old stole
“a few million here and a few million there” throughout his career as an
investment banker, Forbes reports.

The magazine previously reported that Ross fudged his finances in order to
appear on the publication’s elite list of billionaires.

Disclosure forms Ross filed after his nomination by Trump showed he actually had
less than $700 million in assets. Forbes removed him from their list last year.

“He’s a pathological liar,” a former colleague told the magazine.

Just two weeks ago, Ross quietly settled a $4 million lawsuit brought by a
former employee who alleged Ross stole his interests in a private equity fund
and then tried to cover it up with bogus paperwork.

Similar charges have been leveled against Trump’s economic sidekick in the past.
A former vice chairman of Ross's private equity fund, WL Ross & Company, sued
the New Jersey native for $20 million in 2005, alleged that he was cut out of
his interests.

Another lawsuit alleges that Ross and his firm charged at least $48 million in
improper fees on investments.

Others paint a not-so-rosy picture of Ross’ private life, telling the magazine
he is a cheapskate who is obsessed with money.

A pair of former colleagues noted that contractors would call Ross’ office
saying they had not been paid for jobs at his home and that he took handfuls of
Sweet’ N Low packets from a restaurant near his office, so he wouldn’t have to
buy some for himself.

A commerce department official called the allegations “petty nonsense” and said
Ross does not use sweetener in his coffee.

Ross himself maintained his innocence by telling Forbes he’s never been caught
stealing and “the SEC has never initiated any enforcement action against me.”

However, SEC fined his firm $2.3 million in 2016. Ross also argued that one
lawsuit filed against him had been dismissed, but he didn’t bother to say that
it's being appealed.

*
D***@teikyopost.edu
2018-08-08 00:31:16 UTC
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 11:35:59 AM UTC-4, Miloch wrote:
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-wilbur-ross-stole-millions-20180807-story.html
>
> President Trump’s commerce secretary may have bilked business associates out of
> more than $120 million and could rank “among the biggest grifters in American
> history,” according to a report released Tuesday.
[snip]

The Buffoon did promise to appoint the best swindlers to his Cabinet.
Miloch
2018-08-08 00:46:47 UTC
In article <4c7d1f31-c962-4b5a-a424-***@googlegroups.com>,
***@teikyopost.edu says...

>On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 11:35:59 AM UTC-4, Miloch wrote:
>> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-wilbur-ross-stole-million=
>s-20180807-story.html
>>=20
>> President Trump=E2=80=99s commerce secretary may have bilked business ass=
>ociates out of
>> more than $120 million and could rank =E2=80=9Camong the biggest grifters=
> in American
>> history,=E2=80=9D according to a report released Tuesday.
>[snip]
>
>The Buffoon did promise to appoint the best swindlers to his Cabinet.

Hard to blame 80 year old Ross...he was a 'billionaire' down on his last $700
million!...so it's understandable...money doesn't grow on trees, ya know!

...desperate circumstances call for desperate measures.

*
Gronk
2018-08-09 04:44:48 UTC
Miloch wrote:
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-wilbur-ross-stole-millions-20180807-story.html
>
> President Trump’s commerce secretary may have bilked business associates out of
> more than $120 million and could rank “among the biggest grifters in American
> history,” according to a report released Tuesday.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/08/06/new-details-about-wilbur-rosss-businesses-point-to-pattern-of-grifting/

"But all told, these allegations—which sparked lawsuits, reimbursements
and an SEC fine—come to more than $120 million."