Ann Curry Responds to Matt Lauer Firing, Says She's 'Still Really Processing It'
2017-11-30 02:27:48 UTC
https://jezebel.com/ann-curry-responds-to-matt-lauer-firing-says-shes-stil-1820861590

Ann Curry, who briefly co-anchored the Today show alongside Matt Lauer, gave an
interview to People on Wednesday responding to the news that Lauer was fired on
Tuesday over allegations of sexual misconduct.

While Curry said she was “still processing” the news, she added:

“I admire the women who have been willing to speak up both anonymously and on
the record. Those women need to keep their jobs, and all women need to be able
to work, to be able to thrive, without fear. This kind of behavior exists across
industries, and it is so long overdue for it to stop. This is a moment when we
all need to be a beacon of light for those women, for all women, and for
ourselves.”

In 2012, Curry was one year into a three-year, $10-million-per contract to
co-host the Today show when NBC reassigned her. Many at the time blamed Lauer
for squeezing her off the show.

*
Nancy Young
2017-11-30 16:39:00 UTC
https://jezebel.com/ann-curry-responds-to-matt-lauer-firing-says-shes-stil-1820861590
In 2012, Curry was one year into a three-year, $10-million-per contract to
co-host the Today show when NBC reassigned her. Many at the time blamed Lauer
for squeezing her off the show.
Or maybe it was her grating whispery interview style. I'm sure she's
a nice person but I couldn't listen to her 'empathetic' voice.