Twitter Reacts To Restaurant Using Caitlyn Jenner Transition Pictures As Bathroom Signage
2017-11-04 18:07:55 UTC
http://www.ibtimes.com/twitter-reacts-restaurant-using-caitlyn-jenner-transition-pictures-bathroom-signage-2610435

A restaurant in Texas named, Dodie’s Place Cajun Bar & Grill in Allen has faced
backlash on social media after pictures of their bathroom signage were posted on
the internet by a Texas editor, Dom DiFurio, on Monday.

The bathroom sign which is currently in use in the local restaurant has pictures
of transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner, pre- and post-transition, to indicate
the men’s and women’s rooms, respectively. While the women’s room featured
Jenner's Vanity Fair cover, the men’s room had an image of Jenner when she won
the Olympic gold in the decathlon at the 1976 Montreal Games. According to the
restaurant’s Facebook page, the bathroom signs have been in use since Aug. 15.

"This is HORRIBLE and BEYOND disrespectful. I would not be surprised if you lose
business. I would never eat there if I saw that," Facebook user Kristen Heavey
commented on the picture uploaded by the restaurant.

One of the more vocal critics of the bathroom signs was Jess Herbst, a
transgender activist and mayor of New Hope, Texas. She spoke to Chron.com on
Thursday and said, "There is an obvious lack of understanding of gender
dysphoria by the owner of the restaurant. Imagine the most humiliating and
embarrassing moment of your life. Remember how you felt inside, that gut
crushing, out of breath, verge of panic attack feeling. Now imagine posting a
giant photo of that moment in a very public place. This is how the photos in his
bathroom make transgender people feel."

Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner first came out as a trans woman
in a 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer in April 2015. Jenner in the interview
had revealed that she had dealt with gender dysphoria since she was young. She
revealed that "for all intents and purposes, I’m a woman." Jenner underwent
plastic surgery and completed sex gender reassignment surgery in January. She
also has a memoir to her name titled, "The Secrets of My Life" which was
published on April 25.

Ever since Jenner came out as a trans woman in 2015 she has been called the most
famous openly transgender woman in the world.

2017-11-05 06:12:59 UTC
http://www.ibtimes.com/twitter-reacts-restaurant-using-caitlyn-jenner-transiti
on-pictures-bathroom-signage-2610435
A restaurant in Texas named, Dodies Place Cajun Bar & Grill in Allen has
faced backlash on social media after pictures of their bathroom signage
were posted on the internet by a Texas editor, Dom DiFurio, on Monday.
The bathroom sign which is currently in use in the local restaurant has
pictures of transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner, pre- and post-transition,
to indicate the mens and womens rooms, respectively. While the womens
room featured Jenner's Vanity Fair cover, the mens room had an image of
Jenner when she won the Olympic gold in the decathlon at the 1976 Montreal
Games. According to the restaurants Facebook page, the bathroom signs
have been in use since Aug. 15.
Hilarious, even if horrible and beyond disrespectful (and hey -- the
trannies say they don't want their own third sign).
BTR1701
2017-11-05 07:02:09 UTC
The bathroom sign which is currently in use in the local restaurant has
pictures of transgender celebrity Caitlyn Jenner, pre- and post-transition,
to indicate the mens and womens rooms, respectively. While the womens
room featured Jenner's Vanity Fair cover, the mens room had an image of
Jenner when she won the Olympic gold in the decathlon at the 1976 Montreal
Games.
Wait a minute. Why was Jenner a 'she' during those Olympics? Jenner was
competing in the men's events, not the women's, so if Jenner was a 'she',
then the IOC should strip Jenner of the medals won for competing falsely as
a man.
trotsky
Wait a minute, who even gives a shit?
Rudy Canoza
2017-11-05 15:38:15 UTC
Post by Miloch
"This is HORRIBLE and BEYOND disrespectful.
Ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA HA!