Dennis Rodman Breaks Down Weeping in Insane Interview About Kim Jong Un
2018-06-12 03:34:14 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dennis-rodman-breaks-down-weeping-in-insane-interview-about-kim-jong-un-6?ref=home

When CNN needed to find a voice to react to the historic meeting between North
Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, its bookers turned to
one man who knew both leaders personally: Dennis Rodman.

In a bizarre, emotional interview on CNN on Monday, the mercurial former NBA
star broke down in tears while praising the meeting between the two leaders. He
also noted his own tumultuous history with North Korea.

Sporting a red Make America Great Again hat, large tinted sunglasses, and a
T-shirt plugging the cryptocurrency potcoin.com, Rodman recalled how he was
chastised for personally befriending Kim during several trips to the hermit
kingdom. Rodman had been widely criticized for showering attention and publicity
on Kim during those trip. But he claimed he did not know anything about the
North Korean regime or its atrocities before he agreed to travel there.

“I kept my head up high, brother,” Rodman said, wiping tears from behind his
sunglasses. “I knew things were going to change. I knew it. I was the only one,
no one to hear me, no one to see me. But I took those bullets, I took all of
that. Everybody came at me, and I am still standing. And today is a great day
for everybody, Singapore, China—a great day.”

The man famously nicknamed “The Worm” also offered his take on Kim’s personality
and mental state. He said that the North Korean dictator understood English when
it came to basketball terms, and opined that Kim was “like a big kid” albeit
while being small in actual stature.

Rodman recalled how he offered advice to Kim about how North Korea could improve
relations with the United States and vice versa, and offered his take on how the
meeting could succeed.

“If Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump understand that if we sit there and have a
comfortable relationship, smile, laugh and joke, great,” Rodman said.”It doesn't
have to be war. And I know this meeting is going to be a great meeting.”

*
Byker
2018-06-12 16:36:10 UTC
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dennis-rodman-breaks-down-weeping-in-insane-interview-about-kim-jong-un-6?ref=home
“If Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump understand that if we sit there and have
a comfortable relationship, smile, laugh and joke, great,” Rodman said.”It
doesn't have to be war. And I know this meeting is going to be a great
meeting.”
Hopefully the U.S. government will revoke his passport and put him on the
no-fly list...