Trump Accuses California Of Causing Wildfires By Diverting Water To Pacific
2018-08-06 06:05:10 UTC
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-blames-fires-on-california-for-diverting-water-to-pacific_us_5b67a4d4e4b0b15abaa47772

As California wildfires claimed their seventh victim, Donald Trump finally
weighed in on the tragedy with one of his most confounding tweets ever, blaming
California for the blazes because it “diverts” water to the Pacific Ocean.

He also blamed the state’s “bad environmental laws” — the most protective in the
nation — and trees. He called for a “tree clear to stop fire spreading.”

He failed to express condolences to the families of the victims, thank
firefighters, or offer comfort to Californians afraid for their lives, homes and
communities.

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad
environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available
water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must
also tree clear to stop fire spreading!

3:06 PM - Aug 5, 2018

It’s unclear what the president meant by water “diverted” into the Pacific.
California allocates water among residents, agricultural and industrial use, and
for wetlands and wildlife, including water mandated to protect endangered
species. But state waters eventually drain into the ocean. As one tweeter
responded: “Water running into the Pacific Ocean is called a river.” And
firefighters haven’t complained of a lack of water for battling the blazes.

Twitter users were stunned the president failed to express concern about people
suffering in the fires. But most readers were stumped — or derisive. One
responded: “Thanks, genius. Problem solved.”

2018-08-06 06:44:59 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> As California wildfires claimed their seventh victim, Donald Trump finally
> weighed in on the tragedy with one of his most confounding tweets ever,
> blaming
> California for the blazes because it “diverts” water to the Pacific Ocean.

Oh, now I get it. He's complaining about things like keeping the Klamath flowing
so the salmon don't all die, and keeping enough freshwater flowing into the
delta to keep saltwater out of the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers.

> He also blamed the state’s “bad environmental laws” — the most protective in
> the
> nation — and trees. He called for a “tree clear to stop fire spreading.”

What's needed is to reduce brush and litter. But you can't make much profit from
selling the brush and litter. So Republican want clear cuts of healthy trees to
sell to make it about profits instead of the government paying to keep the
forest full of healthy trees.

An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Mitchell Holman
2018-08-06 13:12:05 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> more at
> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-blames-fires-on-california-f
> or-diverting-water-to-pacific_us_5b67a4d4e4b0b15abaa47772
>
> As California wildfires claimed their seventh victim, Donald Trump
> finally weighed in on the tragedy with one of his most confounding
> tweets ever, blaming California for the blazes because it “diverts”
> water to the Pacific Ocean.
>
> He also blamed the state’s “bad environmental laws” — the most
> protective in the nation — and trees. He called for a “tree clear to
> stop fire spreading.”

Perhaps it is just a Republican thing. Remember
Reagan blaming air pollution on trees?

"80% of our air pollution comes, not from chimneys
and auto exhuast, but from plants and trees."
Ronald Reagan, 1/2/79

> He failed to express condolences to the families of the victims, thank
> firefighters, or offer comfort to Californians afraid for their lives,
> homes and communities.

Trump only feels sorry for himself. The suffering
of others doesn't even register on his radar.
Miloch
2018-08-06 14:04:09 UTC
In article <***@216.166.97.131>, Mitchell Holman
says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> more at
>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-blames-fires-on-california-f
>> or-diverting-water-to-pacific_us_5b67a4d4e4b0b15abaa47772
>>
>> As California wildfires claimed their seventh victim, Donald Trump
>> finally weighed in on the tragedy with one of his most confounding
>> tweets ever, blaming California for the blazes because it “diverts”
>> water to the Pacific Ocean.
>>
>> He also blamed the state’s “bad environmental laws” — the most
>> protective in the nation — and trees. He called for a “tree clear to
>> stop fire spreading.”
>>

> Perhaps it is just a Republican thing. Remember
>Reagan blaming air pollution on trees?
>
> "80% of our air pollution comes, not from chimneys
> and auto exhuast, but from plants and trees."
> Ronald Reagan, 1/2/79
>

>> He failed to express condolences to the families of the victims, thank
>> firefighters, or offer comfort to Californians afraid for their lives,
>> homes and communities.
>>

> Trump only feels sorry for himself. The suffering
>of others doesn't even register on his radar.

The only thing I want to hear from Trump is the slamming of the jail cell door
after he's convicted of 'collusion'-tax-evasion-you-name-it.

*
Mitchell Holman
2018-08-07 02:05:22 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@216.166.97.131>, Mitchell
> Holman says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> more at
>>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-blames-fires-on-california
>>> -f or-diverting-water-to-pacific_us_5b67a4d4e4b0b15abaa47772
>>>
>>> As California wildfires claimed their seventh victim, Donald Trump
>>> finally weighed in on the tragedy with one of his most confounding
>>> tweets ever, blaming California for the blazes because it “diverts”
>>> water to the Pacific Ocean.
>>>
>>> He also blamed the state’s “bad environmental laws” — the most
>>> protective in the nation — and trees. He called for a “tree clear to
>>> stop fire spreading.”
>>>

>> Perhaps it is just a Republican thing. Remember
>>Reagan blaming air pollution on trees?
>>
>> "80% of our air pollution comes, not from chimneys
>> and auto exhuast, but from plants and trees."
>> Ronald Reagan, 1/2/79
>>

>>> He failed to express condolences to the families of the victims,
>>> thank firefighters, or offer comfort to Californians afraid for
>>> their lives, homes and communities.
>>>

>> Trump only feels sorry for himself. The suffering
>>of others doesn't even register on his radar.
>>

> The only thing I want to hear from Trump is the slamming of the jail
> cell door after he's convicted of 'collusion'-tax-evasion-you-name-it.

He will seek asylum in a Russian embassy
long before that, sad to say.