Trump discussed preparing for impeachment proceedings with his legal team: report
2018-08-31 00:07:44 UTC
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404297-trump-has-discussed-preparing-for-impeachment-proceedings-with-his

President Trump has recently discussed the possibility of impeachment
proceedings with his legal team, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

According to the Post, Trump has consulted recently with his personal lawyers
about the probability of impeachment proceedings. The Post reported that White
House aides and counsel Don McGahn, who is expected to leave his position this
fall, have cited the likelihood of impeachment in order to convince the
president against doing things that they believe would hurt him.

Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani told the Post that he and Trump have “talked a
lot about impeachment at different times.”

“It’s the only thing that hangs out there. They can’t [criminally] charge him,”
Giuliani told the Post.

The paper also reported that, while Trump talks to his advisers about
impeachment, he sometimes is angered when someone floats what he calls "the
i-word" as a possibility.

According to the Post, Trump's advisers are concerned that the president lacks
the staff and legal strategy to defend himself against a potential Democratic
sweep of the House, which would likely result in a number of subpoenas against
Trump's administration or the commencement of impeachment proceedings.

Sources told the Post that Trump and some of his advisers have considered adding
defense attorney Abbe Lowell, who represents Trump's son-in-law and senior
adviser Jared Kushner, to the president's legal team should impeachment charges
arise. Advisers have also discussed bringing in "experienced legal firepower" to
the Office of White House Counsel, the paper reported.

The prospect of impeachment moved to the center of the midterm debate last week
when Trump’s former longtime attorney Michael Cohen said in court that
then-candidate Trump had directed him to make payments to two women to keep them
quiet about alleged affairs with Trump ahead of the 2016 presidential election,
considered illegal campaign contributions.

The same day that Cohen implicated Trump in a felony, Trump’s former campaign
chairman, Paul Manafort, was convicted on eight felony charges of bank and tax
fraud.

The charges against Manafort were brought by special counsel Robert Mueller's
team, which is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential
election, including whether Trump's campaign colluded with Moscow, and possible
obstruction of justice on the part of the president.

Democrats, as of Wednesday, have about a 75 percent chance of winning back the
House, according to FiveThirtyEight.

*
Tommy
2018-08-31 00:22:18 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

So what's your point?
Miloch
2018-08-31 00:29:55 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404297-trump-has-discussed-
>> reparing-for-impeachment-proceedings-with-his
>>
>> President Trump has recently discussed the possibility of impeachment
>> proceedings with his legal team, The Washington Post reported
>> Wednesday.
>>

>> The same day that Cohen implicated Trump in a felony, Trump’s former
>> campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was convicted on eight felony
>> charges of bank and tax fraud.
>>
>> The charges against Manafort were brought by special counsel Robert
>> Mueller's team, which is investigating Russian interference in the
>> 2016 presidential election, including whether Trump's campaign
>> colluded with Moscow, and possible obstruction of justice on the part
>> of the president.
>>
>> Democrats, as of Wednesday, have about a 75 percent chance of winning
>> back the House, according to FiveThirtyEight.
>>

>So what's your point?

...if you're dense enough to have to ask a question like that, then you're too
dense to understand the answer.

...just keep your ass planted on yur barstool discussing why the Broncos are
going to have a shit-ass season.

*
Tommy
2018-08-31 01:22:50 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
> Tommy says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404297-trump-has-
discussed
>>> -
>>> reparing-for-impeachment-proceedings-with-his
>>>
>>> President Trump has recently discussed the possibility of
>>> impeachment proceedings with his legal team, The Washington Post
>>> reported Wednesday.
>>>

>>> The same day that Cohen implicated Trump in a felony, Trump’s former
>>> campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was convicted on eight felony
>>> charges of bank and tax fraud.
>>>
>>> The charges against Manafort were brought by special counsel Robert
>>> Mueller's team, which is investigating Russian interference in the
>>> 2016 presidential election, including whether Trump's campaign
>>> colluded with Moscow, and possible obstruction of justice on the
>>> part of the president.
>>>
>>> Democrats, as of Wednesday, have about a 75 percent chance of
>>> winning back the House, according to FiveThirtyEight.
>>>

>>So what's your point?
>
> ...if you're dense enough to have to ask a question like that, then
> you're too dense to understand the answer.

Translation: I just copy/paste shit without reading it.

> ...just keep your ass planted on yur barstool discussing why the
> Broncos are going to have a shit-ass season.

Fuck football.

Miloch
2018-08-31 01:51:04 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>discussed

>>>So what's your point?
>>
>> ...if you're dense enough to have to ask a question like that, then
>> you're too dense to understand the answer.
>
>Translation: I just copy/paste shit without reading it.
>>
>> ...just keep your ass planted on yur barstool discussing why the
>> Broncos are going to have a shit-ass season.
>>

>Fuck football.
>> *

You been sittin' around in your underwear all day, drinking warm beer with the
ole TV set turned to Fox News...haven't ya!!!

*
Tommy
2018-08-31 02:09:00 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
> Tommy says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>>> Tommy says...

>>discussed

>>> ...if you're dense enough to have to ask a question like that, then
>>> you're too dense to understand the answer.
>>
>>Translation: I just copy/paste shit without reading it.
>>>
>>> ...just keep your ass planted on yur barstool discussing why the
>>> Broncos are going to have a shit-ass season.
>>>

>>Fuck football.
>>> *
>
> You been sittin' around in your underwear all day, drinking warm beer
> with the ole TV set turned to Fox News...haven't ya!!!
>

> *

I don't watch tv, I steal...er I mean stream my movies and stuff on the
net.