Discussion:
Steven Tyler feels massive backlash for demanding Trump stop playing Aerosmith at campaign events
Add Reply
David Fritz
2018-09-01 07:14:27 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
A beloved rock star triggered massive backlash on social media this week
after he demanded that President Donald Trump stop playing his music at
campaign rallies.

The hoopla started after word broke that Aerosmith’s classic song “Livin’
on the Edge” had been played at President Donald Trump’s rally Tuesday
night at the Charleston Civic Center in West Virginia.

Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler’s legal team responded by submitting a
cease-and-desist letter to the White House sternly warning of the legal
ramifications if Trump keeps playing his music.

“By using ‘Livin’ On The Edge’ without our client’s permission, Mr. Trump
is falsely implying that our client, once again, endorses his campaign
and/or his presidency, as evidenced by actual confusion seen from the
reactions of our client’s fans all over social media,” the letter read.

Listen:

“What makes this violation even more egregious is that Mr. Trump’s use of
our client’s music was previously shut down, not once, but two times,
during his campaign for presidency in 2015,” Tyler’s legal team added,
referring to previous alleged copyright violations.

Does he actually possess the right to stop Trump from playing his music at
campaign rallies? Yes. After Trump’s election campaign played Aerosmith’s
classic song “Dream On” at a rally in 2015, Tyler’s team reportedly sought
to revoke the campaign’s public performance licenses.

“As such, we are unaware of any remaining public performance license still
in existence which grants Mr. Trump the right use his music in connection
with the Rallies or any other purpose.”

While this means Tyler is technically in the right, most on social media
still see him in the wrong:


Jali_Cat{??}
@Jali_Cat
????Attention patriots????@IamStevenT of @Aerosmith doesnt want us
listening to his music, tells his fans to????off!

He has taken legal action 2stop President Trump from playing Aerosmith
songs at his events.

How disgustingly PETTY!#DONEWithAerosmith
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/22/steven-tyler-sends-trump-
cease-and-desist-letter-over-playing-aerosmith-songs-at-rallies.html …

1:59 PM - Aug 22, 2018
1,437
1,939 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

GITMO ????
@President1Trump
***@IamStevenT: make Steven Tyler‘s music great again! #MAGA You should be
paying @POTUS for playing your music at his rallies. Be cool, don’t be all
uncool! Live on the edge Steven. Don’t be a little b**ch and complain!
pic.twitter.com/6OL7r5ZKdA

3:07 AM - Aug 23, 2018
177
71 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Aloha Elvis
@nickgraham_24
Replying to @Targrimm and 4 others
When someone buys their song they have the right then at that time to play
it wherever they choose. The band can not tell anyone where to play it
once it’s purchased by and individual.

8:07 PM - Aug 22, 2018
71
27 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

K ~ IndyK ??
@IndyK46220
Replying to @Jali_Cat and 2 others
Aerosmith ought to be grateful if their songs are played at Trump rallies.
That's free advertisement to tens of thousands of people who would never
have listened to it otherwise. Tyler should stick to music & keep his
enormous mouth shut about politics.#DONEWithAerosmith

8:44 PM - Aug 22, 2018
119
41 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Fawn Fargo
@FawnFargo
Replying to @Jali_Cat and 3 others
You messed up @Aerosmith ! #DONEwithAerosmith

3:32 PM - Aug 22, 2018 · Missouri, USA
71
See Fawn Fargo's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Deb ????
@debkrause1959
Replying to @MSG7140 and 2 others
Try the band Tesla. Aerosmith dropped from my fave. Totally
#DONEWithAerosmith ! Once I heard Steven is a #pedo , I thought that was
the last straw... Now with this, no going back. pic.twitter.com/e2mXakqeOx

2:21 AM - Aug 23, 2018
54
22 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump
@Mermaid7474
Replying to @michaelbeatty3 @SKYRIDER4538
65 Million Americans just said #DONEWithAerosmith
Sweet ??
Bye bye @Aerosmith

8:22 PM - Aug 22, 2018
51
See The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump
@Mermaid7474
Replying to @Jali_Cat and 2 others
#DONEWithAerosmith

Does that ass realize he just lost Millions of fans? Probably tens of
Millions.#LiberalismIsAMentalDisease

6:52 PM - Aug 22, 2018
53
See The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy
To many, Tyler’s refusal to allow Trump to play his music is tantamount to
the rock star disrespecting the office of the president.

The backlash became so severe that the rock star eventually addressed the
issue in a Twitter statement claiming his legal demands weren’t related to
politics but rather about “protecting copyright and songwriters.” As
proof, he cited his fervent support of the so-called Music Modernization
Act.

Look:


Steven Tyler
?
@IamStevenT
THIS IS NOT ABOUT DEMS VS. REPUB. I DO NOT LET ANYONE USE MY SONGS
WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. MY MUSIC IS FOR CAUSES NOT FOR POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS
OR RALLIES. PROTECTING COPYRIGHT AND SONGWRITERS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN
FIGHTING FOR EVEN BEFORE THIS CURRENT ADMINISTRATION TOOK OFFICE.

2:20 PM - Aug 22, 2018
85K
21.4K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Steven Tyler
?
@IamStevenT
Replying to @IamStevenT
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY @JOEPERRY AND I HAVE BEEN PUSHING THE
SENATE TO PASS THE MUSIC MODERNIZATION ACT.

NO IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE.

2:20 PM - Aug 22, 2018
17.5K
3,021 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The regulation Aerosmith’s lead singer supports would nationalize the
music industry by forming a government-controlled collective to handle all
licensing concerns.

As noted by Breitbart, the key problem with this collective “is that it
would be run by the government, specifically the U.S. Copyright Office,
making it prone to cronyism, corruption, and mishandling of intellectual
property.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/08/23/steven-tyler-feels-massive-
backlash-for-demanding-trump-stop-playing-aerosmith-at-campaign-events-
666816?utm_source=IdealMedia&utm_medium=IdealMedia
China Mail
2018-09-01 09:51:55 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <***@0.0.0.1>
David Fritz <***@vzw.com> wrote:
>
> A beloved rock star triggered massive backlash on social media this week
> after he demanded that President Donald Trump stop playing his music at
> campaign rallies.
>
> The hoopla started after word broke that Aerosmith’s classic song “Livin’
> on the Edge” had been played at President Donald Trump’s rally Tuesday
> night at the Charleston Civic Center in West Virginia.
>
> Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler’s legal team responded by submitting a
> cease-and-desist letter to the White House sternly warning of the legal
> ramifications if Trump keeps playing his music.
>
> “By using ‘Livin’ On The Edge’ without our client’s permission, Mr. Trump
> is falsely implying that our client, once again, endorses his campaign
> and/or his presidency, as evidenced by actual confusion seen from the
> reactions of our client’s fans all over social media,” the letter read.
>
> Listen:
>
> “What makes this violation even more egregious is that Mr. Trump’s use of
> our client’s music was previously shut down, not once, but two times,
> during his campaign for presidency in 2015,” Tyler’s legal team added,
> referring to previous alleged copyright violations.
>
> Does he actually possess the right to stop Trump from playing his music at
> campaign rallies? Yes. After Trump’s election campaign played Aerosmith’s
> classic song “Dream On” at a rally in 2015, Tyler’s team reportedly sought
> to revoke the campaign’s public performance licenses.
>
> “As such, we are unaware of any remaining public performance license still
> in existence which grants Mr. Trump the right use his music in connection
> with the Rallies or any other purpose.”
>
> While this means Tyler is technically in the right, most on social media
> still see him in the wrong:
>
>
> Jali_Cat{??}
> @Jali_Cat
> ????Attention patriots????@IamStevenT of @Aerosmith doesnt want us
> listening to his music, tells his fans to????off!
>
> He has taken legal action 2stop President Trump from playing Aerosmith
> songs at his events.
>
> How disgustingly PETTY!#DONEWithAerosmith
> http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/22/steven-tyler-sends-trump-
> cease-and-desist-letter-over-playing-aerosmith-songs-at-rallies.html …
>
> 1:59 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 1,437
> 1,939 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> GITMO ????
> @President1Trump
> ***@IamStevenT: make Steven Tyler‘s music great again! #MAGA You should be
> paying @POTUS for playing your music at his rallies. Be cool, don’t be all
> uncool! Live on the edge Steven. Don’t be a little b**ch and complain!
> pic.twitter.com/6OL7r5ZKdA
>
> 3:07 AM - Aug 23, 2018
> 177
> 71 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> Aloha Elvis
> @nickgraham_24
> Replying to @Targrimm and 4 others
> When someone buys their song they have the right then at that time to play
> it wherever they choose. The band can not tell anyone where to play it
> once it’s purchased by and individual.
>
> 8:07 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 71
> 27 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> K ~ IndyK ??
> @IndyK46220
> Replying to @Jali_Cat and 2 others
> Aerosmith ought to be grateful if their songs are played at Trump rallies.
> That's free advertisement to tens of thousands of people who would never
> have listened to it otherwise. Tyler should stick to music & keep his
> enormous mouth shut about politics.#DONEWithAerosmith
>
> 8:44 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 119
> 41 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> Fawn Fargo
> @FawnFargo
> Replying to @Jali_Cat and 3 others
> You messed up @Aerosmith ! #DONEwithAerosmith
>
> 3:32 PM - Aug 22, 2018 · Missouri, USA
> 71
> See Fawn Fargo's other Tweets
>
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> Deb ????
> @debkrause1959
> Replying to @MSG7140 and 2 others
> Try the band Tesla. Aerosmith dropped from my fave. Totally
> #DONEWithAerosmith ! Once I heard Steven is a #pedo , I thought that was
> the last straw... Now with this, no going back. pic.twitter.com/e2mXakqeOx
>
> 2:21 AM - Aug 23, 2018
> 54
> 22 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump
> @Mermaid7474
> Replying to @michaelbeatty3 @SKYRIDER4538
> 65 Million Americans just said #DONEWithAerosmith
> Sweet ??
> Bye bye @Aerosmith
>
> 8:22 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 51
> See The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump's other Tweets
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump
> @Mermaid7474
> Replying to @Jali_Cat and 2 others
> #DONEWithAerosmith
>
> Does that ass realize he just lost Millions of fans? Probably tens of
> Millions.#LiberalismIsAMentalDisease
>
> 6:52 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 53
> See The Russian Bot's Cat 4 Trump's other Tweets
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
> To many, Tyler’s refusal to allow Trump to play his music is tantamount to
> the rock star disrespecting the office of the president.
>
> The backlash became so severe that the rock star eventually addressed the
> issue in a Twitter statement claiming his legal demands weren’t related to
> politics but rather about “protecting copyright and songwriters.” As
> proof, he cited his fervent support of the so-called Music Modernization
> Act.
>
> Look:
>
>
> Steven Tyler
> ?
> @IamStevenT
> THIS IS NOT ABOUT DEMS VS. REPUB. I DO NOT LET ANYONE USE MY SONGS
> WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. MY MUSIC IS FOR CAUSES NOT FOR POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS
> OR RALLIES. PROTECTING COPYRIGHT AND SONGWRITERS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN
> FIGHTING FOR EVEN BEFORE THIS CURRENT ADMINISTRATION TOOK OFFICE.
>
> 2:20 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 85K
> 21.4K people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
>
> Steven Tyler
> ?
> @IamStevenT
> Replying to @IamStevenT
> THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY @JOEPERRY AND I HAVE BEEN PUSHING THE
> SENATE TO PASS THE MUSIC MODERNIZATION ACT.
>
> NO IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE.
>
> 2:20 PM - Aug 22, 2018
> 17.5K
> 3,021 people are talking about this
> Twitter Ads info and privacy
> The regulation Aerosmith’s lead singer supports would nationalize the
> music industry by forming a government-controlled collective to handle all
> licensing concerns.
>
> As noted by Breitbart, the key problem with this collective “is that it
> would be run by the government, specifically the U.S. Copyright Office,
> making it prone to cronyism, corruption, and mishandling of intellectual
> property.”
>
> https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/08/23/steven-tyler-feels-massive-
> backlash-for-demanding-trump-stop-playing-aerosmith-at-campaign-events-
> 666816?utm_source=IdealMedia&utm_medium=IdealMedia

Has-been Tyler has more botox in his lips than Hillary has
cellulite in her ass.
dotca
2018-09-02 03:19:32 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
Lol! Talk about a fool with no brain in his head.

Obama giving the eulogy for McCain is fitting.
Anonymous
2018-09-02 04:10:56 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <***@dizum.com>
"dotca" <***@4ax.com> wrote:
>
>

Only real Presidents were invited, which is why Trump wasn't.
McCain basically told Trump to FOAD.
LOL!
Milcock
2018-09-02 05:51:20 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
"dotca" <***@4ax.com> wrote:

>Lol! Talk about a fool with no brain in his head.
>
>Obama giving the eulogy for McCain is fitting.

They're both brain dead.
Dave Duerson
2018-09-03 11:12:02 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
for some ugly self-hating white liberal Democrat whore to breed
with niggers or hispanics.
 
Dhu on Gate
2018-09-04 19:08:06 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 13:12:02 +0200, Dave Duerson wrote:

> for some ugly self-hating white liberal Democrat whore to breed
> with niggers or hispanics.

Dave Duerson?

Izzat your Brother in Law or just the guy who stole your sweety back in High School?

Dhu


--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglaise.
C'est une esp`ece de sauvage: ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostra voco;-)

http://babayaga.neotext.ca/PublicKeys/Duncan_Patton_a_Campbell_pubkey.txt
Fun Facts
2018-09-04 00:49:18 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
And it was still a loser full of losers.
Democrat Pus Brains, Like John McCain
2018-09-18 05:46:33 UTC
Reply
Permalink
Raw Message
Health experts have recommended ten lifestyle changes, including
quitting drinking and limiting the consumption of processed
meats, to prevent 12 different cancers linked to obesity in a
major new report.

The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) assessed decades-worth of
evidence and found an association between obesity and cancers of
the stomach, mouth and throat, liver, ovary, bowel, gallbladder,
kidney, esophagus, pancreas, and womb. Breast cancer after the
menopause and advanced prostate cancer were also linked to
obesity.

The "Diet, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer: a Global
Perspective" report presented at the European Congress on
Obesity in Vienna included an updated version of the
organization's cancer prevention recommendations, which it
dubbed its “blueprint to beat cancer.” It was accompanied by the
Cancer Health Check tool, which offers personalized
recommendations for how to prevent the disease.

The recommendations included: being a healthy weight;
exercising; eating grains, veg, fruit and beans; avoiding high
calorie foods; limiting the consumption of red and processed
meat and sugar-sweetened drinks, as well as cutting out alcohol.
The WCRF also warned against relying on dietary supplements and
emphasized the benefits of breastfeeding babies.

Regularly drinking sugar-sweetened drinks was linked to cancer
because it can cause weight gain and obesity, the experts said.
But being physically active was found to directly protect
against cancers of the bowel, womb and, post-menopause, breast,
as well as cutting the wider risk of developing other cancers.

Mirroring a 2015 World Health Organization warning that linked
the consumption of processed and red meats to forms of cancer
including bowel, the report recommended a diet featuring
wholegrains, vegetables, fruit and pulses. Red meat should be
limited to no more than three portions (350 to 500g cooked
servings) a week to prevent bowel cancer, the WCRF said.

Alcohol, meanwhile, was “strongly” associated with cancer of the
breast, liver, mouth, bowel, throat, esophagus, and stomach.

And as more countries adopt Western lifestyles with sedentary
living and obesity-causing foods, cancer rates are expected to
spike 58% by 2035, causing 24 million global deaths per year,
the researchers said. However, the onus to prevent cancer does
not solely lie with individuals, they stressed, urging
governments to prioritize cancer prevention policies.

Susannah Brown, senior science program manager with WCRF, told
Newsweek: "This report contains significant findings on how
diet, weight and physical activity affect cancer risk and show
how important adopting a healthy lifestyle is to reducing cancer
risk."

The aim of the report is not to worry people, she said. "We want
people to know that what food they eat, what they weigh and how
physically active they are can affect their risk and this report
gives practical information on what patterns of diet and
activity are conducive to reducing the risk of cancer."

Asked whether there is a risk that the public will adopt the
attitude that "everything causes cancer" and believe there is no
use changing behaviors, she countered: "This report collates
over 30 years’ worth of strong scientific evidence and includes
data from over 50 million people and so it is a very
comprehensive review. It contains information on what positive
steps people can take to reduce their risk (the ‘good news’ is
that there are things you can do to reduce your cancer risk) and
shows that in most cases it isn’t a single food or nutrient that
makes a difference–there are no magic bullets–the important
thing is what you eat and drink, your weight and how active you
are through your lifetime."

"Living a healthy lifestyle in this day and age isn't always
easy–it’s often difficult, or hard to find time and this is one
reason why we want governments to take action and create
environments where it’s easier for people to follow our
recommendations and be healthy."

Caroline Cerny, the lead of the Obesity Health Alliance
comprised of over 40 health charities, medical colleges and
campaign groups, said carrying excess weight can not only raise
the risk of cancer, but also type 2 diabetes, heart and liver
disease and mental illness.

"It’s clear we need an environment that supports and encourages
healthy choices, rather than steering us towards unhealthy
options with constant adverts, promotions and offers," she said.

Professor Sir Ian Gilmore, Chair of the Alcohol Health Alliance
U.K., welcomed the warning against alcohol use and said: "It is
clear from the evidence in the report that drinking alcohol
cannot be justified for other health reasons–to prevent heart
disease, for example."

Emma Shields, from Cancer Research U.K. told Newsweek: “Although
it can seem as though we’re constantly bombarded with new
messages about cancer prevention, this expert report highlights
how remarkably consistent the advice has stayed. The
cornerstones of healthy living- not smoking, keeping a healthy
weight, staying active and eating and drinking healthily- remain
the key to cutting cancer risk.

“This doesn’t mean we have to be perfect all the time- a bacon
sandwich or glass of wine every so often isn't anything to worry
about. It's what you do most days that matters. There are no
guarantees against cancer, but even small changes you can stick
with can add up to make a big difference.”

https://www.newsweek.com/cancer-obesity-12-types-new-report-
world-cancer-research-fund-942012
Loading...