Country Music Awards to Press: 'Don't Ask About Guns'
2017-11-03 14:56:55 UTC
https://jezebel.com/country-music-awards-to-press-dont-ask-about-guns-1820109216

Journalists working the red carpet or press room at this year’s Country Music
Awards on November 8 will have to follow a few rules: don’t ask questions about
guns, the Las Vegas shooting, or “political affiliations.”

If a reporter does ask these questions, their credentials will be revoked by a
security escort, Rolling Stone reports. The rules were included on a set of
guidelines released Thursday morning, which read:

"It’s vital, more so this year than in year’s past due to the sensitivities at
hand, that the CMA Awards be a celebration of Country Music and the artists that
make this genre so great. It’s an evening to honor the outstanding achievements
in Country Music of the previous year and we want everyone to feel comfortable
talking to press about this exciting time. If you are reported as straying from
these guidelines, your credential will be reviewed and potentially revoked via
security escort.

After the Las Vegas shooting, which occurred during a country music festival,
the debate over gun-control reached a music community that has been
traditionally pro-gun. Caleb Keeter, a guitarist for the Josh Abbott Band,
notably posted a statement to Twitter announcing that he was for gun-control
now, even though he had been “a proponent of the 2nd amendment [his] entire
life.” Country artist Margo Price tweeted after the shooting: “We need stricter
gun control, plain and simple.”

But while some artists, like Brad Paisley and Tim McGraw, offered “prayers” and
heartbreak to Las Vegas, there was little-to-no talk of gun control for many of
them. “The issue as a country artist is you feel like if you say something
wrong, your audience is going to turn on you,” Bobby Bones, a syndicated country
morning radio host, told the Washington Post in a recent story about country
music reckoning with gun control. “Their publicists have all said, ‘Don’t talk
about it. Just don’t talk about it.’” But whether it’s their publicists or the
artists themselves asking for a ban on the questions, CMA’s guidelines seem to
indicate that the topic is, unfortunately, staying off-limits in country music
for now.

2017-11-04 07:44:03 UTC
https://jezebel.com/country-music-awards-to-press-dont-ask-about-guns-
1820109216
Journalists working the red carpet or press room at this year's Country Music
Awards on November 8 will have to follow a few rules: don't ask questions
about guns, the Las Vegas shooting, or "political affiliations."
If a reporter does ask these questions, their credentials will be revoked by a
security escort, Rolling Stone reports. The rules were included on a set of
guidelines released Thursday morning
Uh-oh, they forgot "Russian collusion."

And who doesn't want sage wisdom from someone in a 10 gallon cowboy hat.
Miloch
2017-11-04 15:22:43 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
https://jezebel.com/country-music-awards-to-press-dont-ask-about-guns-
1820109216
Journalists working the red carpet or press room at this year's Country Music
Awards on November 8 will have to follow a few rules: don't ask questions
about guns, the Las Vegas shooting, or "political affiliations."
If a reporter does ask these questions, their credentials will be revoked by a
security escort, Rolling Stone reports. The rules were included on a set of
guidelines released Thursday morning
Uh-oh, they forgot "Russian collusion."
And who doesn't want sage wisdom from someone in a 10 gallon cowboy hat.
Give me Conway Twitty (born Harold Lloyd Jenkins) any day...hair combed in a
ridiculous hat defying pompadour...ya...but, none the less, still no Stetson!

*
Just Wondering
2017-11-04 20:48:17 UTC
https://jezebel.com/country-music-awards-to-press-dont-ask-about-guns-
1820109216
Journalists working the red carpet or press room at this year's Country Music
Awards on November 8 will have to follow a few rules: don't ask questions
about guns, the Las Vegas shooting, or "political affiliations."
If a reporter does ask these questions, their credentials will be revoked by a
security escort, Rolling Stone reports. The rules were included on a set of
guidelines released Thursday morning
Uh-oh, they forgot "Russian collusion."
And who doesn't want sage wisdom from someone in a 10 gallon cowboy hat.
Better him than some liberal snowflake.

An old cowboy and a young buckaroo were workin', ridin' fence
The old hand was testin' the kid on his skill and common sense
He said "Son, if you seen three men in a pickup truck,
dressed alike from boot to hat,
could you tell which one was the real cowboy,
just from where he sat?"

The kid scratched his head awhile and then he said
"Well, there ain't no way to know".
The old hand grinned and then he said
"Kid, you've still got a ways to go.

The real cowboy's the one in the middle.
He ain't there just by fate.
'Cause first he don't have to drive, and then
he don't have to mess with the gate"

Michael Martin Murphey, "Cowboy Logic"
Miloch
2017-11-04 21:28:56 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
[...]
Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one.

*
Just Wondering
YOUR "logic" proves you don't know any real cowboys.
Miloch
2017-11-05 00:06:44 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
[...]
You're confusing "cowboy" with today's high-school-drop-out/ranch hand who can't
do anything else except drive a beat-up truck around the range as he unloads hay
to feed half-starved cattle.

My grandfather (born in 1885) who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was just long hours and low
pay.

*
Just Wondering
2017-11-05 00:30:16 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
[...]
Nope. I know a family who worked a cattle ranch. Sure they used
pickup trucks, but they also used horses to ride and maintain the
fences, herd the cattle around the ranch, etc. One thing no one
could accuse them of was laziness.
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
Miloch
2017-11-05 03:48:07 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
My grandfather married some local...moved to CA and worked in a factory making
ball bearings etc....made enough money doing it to buy a house in LA...a far
better life than in a saddle.

*
max headroom
To each his own. I can't help but to pity the poor slob living in LA and working in a factory.
Miloch
2017-11-05 04:27:38 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
My grandfather married some local...moved to CA and worked in a factory making
ball bearings etc....made enough money doing it to buy a house in LA...a far
better life than in a saddle.
To each his own. I can't help but to pity the poor slob living in LA and working
in a factory.
You inability to appreciate people who made it thru the Depression era with
their dignity intact speaks poorly of you.

My grandparents wound up being able to buy a house with a mom & pop grocery
store on it in the 1920s along Sepulveda Blvd. I actually remember her working
the cash register as he worked as the butcher. Decades later they sold the
property to Union Oil who leveled everything and built a gas station. The
agreement was that in addition to a flat sales price, my grandparents also got a
small amount of money (pennies) for every gallon of gas sold.

They retired comfortably both living into their 80s...leaving a nice estate to
my father and his sister.

*
max headroom
2017-11-05 05:06:22 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
My grandfather married some local...moved to CA and worked in a factory
making ball bearings etc....made enough money doing it to buy a house in
LA...a far better life than in a saddle.
To each his own. I can't help but to pity the poor slob living in LA and
working in a factory.
You inability to appreciate people who made it thru the Depression era with
their dignity intact speaks poorly of you.
You're hallucinating.
Post by Miloch
My grandparents wound up being able to buy a house with a mom & pop grocery
store on it in the 1920s along Sepulveda Blvd. I actually remember her working
the cash register as he worked as the butcher. Decades later they sold the
property to Union Oil who leveled everything and built a gas station. The
agreement was that in addition to a flat sales price, my grandparents also
got a small amount of money (pennies) for every gallon of gas sold.
My grandparents fled the Dust Bowl in the '30s. My Dad's pay from the Civilian Conservation Corps
kept his family afloat while his father established his business on 5th Avenue in San Diego. My
mother's uncles began a restaurant supply business, which they moved to LA when they began to make
they own product line.

My grandfather rented a piece of property near a freeway offramp to American Oil Co. for a gas
station. I don't know if he got a piece of the action on that, but he also rented it to a billboard
company and amazed us all by collecting $125/mo in the early '60s. FWIW, that's what I paid in rent
for my first (and only) apartment over ten years later..
Post by Miloch
They retired comfortably both living into their 80s...leaving a nice estate to
my father and his sister.
As did mine.

So, did you imply that your grandfather was a lazy cowboy?
Miloch
2017-11-05 15:16:37 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by Miloch
They retired comfortably both living into their 80s...leaving a nice estate to
my father and his sister.
As did mine.
So, did you imply that your grandfather was a lazy cowboy?
He did what a lot of them did...moved on to a area of the country that offered
more opportunities...in his case Los Angeles.

If your forefather stayed in the saddle in Texas, good for him.

2017-11-05 15:19:10 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by max headroom
Post by Miloch
Post by Miloch
They retired comfortably both living into their 80s...leaving a nice estate to
my father and his sister.
As did mine.
So, did you imply that your grandfather was a lazy cowboy?
Ya Max...your grandfather was a lazy fucking God-damned cowboy...deal with it!

*
max headroom
2017-11-05 16:22:57 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
So, did you imply that your grandfather was a lazy cowboy?
Ya Max...your grandfather was a lazy fucking God-damned cowboy...deal with it!
As far as I know, the only contact my grandfather had with horses was the drayhorses his father
drove delivering beer barrels to the taverns in St Louis.
Just Wondering
2017-11-05 11:01:30 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
My grandfather married some local...moved to CA and worked in a
factory making ball bearings etc....made enough money doing it
to buy a house in LA...a far better life than in a saddle.
Which may be interesting to your family, but it has nothing
to do with you writing "Logic dictates that the cowboy is
the lazy one" when cowboys - real ones - certainly are NOT lazy.
Miloch
2017-11-05 16:06:54 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Miloch
My grandfather who actually lived in Texas and worked as a
'cowboy' had nothing good to say about it...that it was
just long hours and low pay.
Then it's not that you don't know real cowboys, it's that when
you wrote "Logic dictates that the cowboy is the lazy one" you
knew full well that what you wrote was a flat-out lie.
My grandfather married some local...moved to CA and worked in a
factory making ball bearings etc....made enough money doing it
to buy a house in LA...a far better life than in a saddle.
Which may be interesting to your family, but it has nothing
to do with you writing "Logic dictates that the cowboy is
the lazy one" when cowboys - real ones - certainly are NOT lazy.
<YAWN>

This thread is petering out, TrumpBoy. Try moving on to another topic.

*
max headroom
2017-11-05 17:28:53 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Which may be interesting to your family, but it has nothing
to do with you writing "Logic dictates that the cowboy is
the lazy one" when cowboys - real ones - certainly are NOT lazy.
<YAWN>
This thread is petering out, TrumpBoy. Try moving on to another topic.
You forgot, "What difference at this point does it make?"