'MY BIG FAT GREEK ROBBERY': Lainie Kazan reportedly arrested for shoplifting
2017-12-25 04:42:04 UTC
Raw Message
‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ star Lainie Kazan reportedly arrested for shoplifting

Mama Portokalos would be so disappointed.

Lainie Kazan, who played the overbearing matriarch in the 2002 comedy “My Big
Fat Greek Wedding,” was reportedly arrested Sunday afternoon for shoplifting.

Kazan, 77, walked out of a San Fernando Valley grocery store without paying for
about $180 worth of food, according to TMZ.

The Brooklyn-born actress, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for “My Favorite
Year,” reportedly told police that she didn’t have any money on her.

She was arrested for petty theft and released without bail.

Kazan, who has been acting since the late 1960s, was also nominated for a 1988
Emmy for her guest role in “St. Elsewhere” and a 1993 best featured actress Tony
Award for “My Favorite Year.”

San Fernando Police would not confirm the arrest to the Daily News.

A rep for Kazan did not immediately return a request for comment.

Alan Smithee
2018-01-02 23:50:17 UTC
Raw Message