Jodie Foster: 'Every Day Is Gay Pride Day for Me'
2018-07-06 20:23:11 UTC
https://jezebel.com/jodie-foster-every-day-is-gay-pride-day-for-me-1827391472

Five years after she famously sorta-kinda-mostly came out during the Golden
Globe Awards, Jodie Foster says that “every day is Gay Pride Day” to her. And I
guess my angry, cynical, gay bones are broken today because the only thing I
could think after reading that was, “Nice! Good! Correct!”

In an interview with Net-a-Porter, the actress/director discussed her family’s
Pride Month plans, her five decades dealing with men in Hollywood, and what her
son used to think her job was.

On Pride:

"Every day is gay pride day for me. Actually, it’s gay pride month the whole of
June. I didn’t realize until yesterday. We had to figure the whole flag
situation, how long the flag [goes] up. My kids will go [to the parade]. My son
said, ‘Maybe there will be naked bodies this year.’ I said, ‘You didn’t tell me
there were naked bodies last year!’

It’s funny to me that the Foster family says “naked bodies” instead of “naked
people,” but let’s move on to her thoughts on the #MeToo movement:

"Not only is our culture evolving, but we are, too. I don’t think there is a
woman I know who doesn’t look back on when they were 15, 16, 17 or 18, who
doesn’t put their hand on their head and say: ‘Why did I do that? Why was I like
that? Why wasn’t I confident? Why didn’t I say no?’ This is a transitional
period, and it’s just so painful. You really have to have a plan for truth and
reconciliation. We can’t put every man over 30 in jail. We have to love our
brothers and fathers and come to an understanding about how we got here and who
we are going to be together.

On putting her well-being first:

"If there’s anything that I have to be a role model about, it is prioritizing my
own self-worth and psychological health above all. And if not, I don’t know
where I would be today. I mean, there is a carpet of ex-child actors who did not
make it.

On not telling her children what she did for a living:

"I didn’t want them to know about my celebrity at all. I remember when my son
was about four, he thought I was a construction worker.

Read the full piece here.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/porter/article-471e1b232885050c/cover-stories/cover-stories/jodie-foster?

2018-07-06 20:34:15 UTC
Five years after she famously sorta-kinda-mostly came out during the Golden
Hold on there! She played a nice straight girl in Contact. I think it's high
time we stopped letting these gays taking roles from straight actors.
PSYCHO-SEXUAL-CULTURAL APPROPITIATION!
2018-07-06 21:41:22 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Miloch
Five years after she famously sorta-kinda-mostly came out during the Golden
Hold on there! She played a nice straight girl in Contact. I think it's high
time we stopped letting these gays taking roles from straight actors.
PSYCHO-SEXUAL-CULTURAL APPROPITIATION!
...dunno...'cuda been bi-sexual in the movie then there's no harm done.

*
Byker
2018-07-06 21:55:22 UTC
...dunno...'cuda been bi-sexual in the movie then there's no harm done.
Reportedly she said she was artificially inseminated "because I didn't want
a man on top of me"...
Siri Cruise
2018-07-06 23:55:49 UTC
Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Miloch
Five years after she famously sorta-kinda-mostly came out during the Golden
Hold on there! She played a nice straight girl in Contact. I think it's high
time we stopped letting these gays taking roles from straight actors.
PSYCHO-SEXUAL-CULTURAL APPROPITIATION!
...dunno...'cuda been bi-sexual in the movie then there's no harm done.
*
STRAIGHT GENOCIDE! STRAIGHT GENOCIDE! STRAIGHT GENOCIDE!