Roseanne in full blown Trump Pinocchio mode now
2018-07-02 09:43:17 UTC
Roseanne Barr On Possible Return to TV: "'I've Already Been Offered So
Many Things"

The comedian, who had her rebooted sitcom cancelled by ABC following
racist remarks on Twitter, revealed that she "almost already accepted
one really good offer to go back on TV."

9:26 PM PDT 7/1/2018
by Abid Rahman
The Hollywood Reporter

Roseanne Barr may make a second comeback in 2018 after she revealed that
she's been offered "many" opportunities to return to television.

Speaking on Rabbi Shmuley Boteach's podcast, her second appearance on
the program, Barr spends much of the interview talking about the Torah
and her Jewish faith, but she also intimated a possible route back to
television. "I've already been offered so many things and I almost
already accepted one really good offer to go back on TV and I might do
it. But we'll see," she said.

The comedian's iconic sitcom Roseanne was resurrected by ABC this year,
with a more Trump-friendly bent, and debuted to stunning ratings. But
the whirlwind beginning presaged a spectacular end as the show was
cancelled after Barr made racist remarks aimed at former Obama
administration official Valerie Jarrett. ABC is currently working on a
spin-off of Roseanne titled The Conners that will not feature Barr's
character, instead focusing on the rest of the cast.

Barr told Boteach that she didn't ask for money when she signed away the
rights to her eponymous show as an act of "penance" and that she "didn't
want to hurt the new show" or for the Roseanne cast, particularly
African-American actress Jayden Rey, to lose their jobs.

"I thought signing off of my own life's work and asking for nothing in
return I thought that was a penance. Sometimes you ask people what do
you think should be done to you, knowing what you've done wrong and it
seems that people always know what should be done to them. I just knew
that was the right thing and I want to do the right thing because I've
lived my life, most part of it, to do the right thing for all people,
not just Jews," she said.

Boteach also pressed Barr on whether she had reached out and apologized
to Valerie Jarrett privately. She said had not as yet, but she was
"praying for the right words" before she spoke to Jarrett.

#
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 13:58:32 UTC
[...]
And you believe she is lieing because?
"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."
Lee
2018-07-02 15:28:51 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
Rosanne should go back to doing what
conservatives love best - singing the
national anthem while spitting and grabbing
her crotch.

So much more patriotic than taking a
knee, you know?
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 17:18:24 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
That's nice, but it has little or nothing to do with what I asked.
FPP
2018-07-02 22:25:25 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Lee
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
No opinion on OUR Flag and OUR Anthem now?

Funny how when the NFL players respectfully kneel, they're traitors -
but when Roseanne spits, screeches the lyrics and scratches her crotch
while singing OUR Anthem - you're not bothered in the least.

You're not interested? Then why bother to change the headers of this
thread so that any reply isn't seen by the rest of the group?

What a coward! What's the matter? Is this how you manage to "win" so
many "debates"?
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 22:26:26 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Lee
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
Isn't it funny how those with the least to say whine the loudest when
their nonresponse is obviated?
Ubiquitous
2018-07-03 09:41:36 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
She's not a conservative, fool. Look it up.
Well, there you go introducing facts to a leftwing hateon.
A Friend
2018-07-02 17:06:37 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in the
face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that there'd be
leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the first time I've
heard that Barr didn't take any money for her rights to ROSEANNE.
Frankly, absent any other reporting on this subject -- and there'd be a
lot, you know, if it were true -- I just don't believe her.

And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 17:20:07 UTC
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
I can see your point. I don't care enough to check.
2018-07-02 18:01:30 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
And you believe she is lieing because?
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in the
face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that there'd be
leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the first time I've
heard that Barr didn't take any money for her rights to ROSEANNE.
Frankly, absent any other reporting on this subject -- and there'd be a
lot, you know, if it were true -- I just don't believe her.
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
I can see your point. I don't care enough to check.
Just out of curiosity, why did you make effort to remove "Trump" from my
original subject header and start a whole new thread for no particular
reason? Are you in love with the guy that much?

This kind of behavior is why I have you shitcanned in rec.arts.tv.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 19:16:42 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
And you believe she is lieing because?
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in the
face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that there'd be
leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the first time I've
heard that Barr didn't take any money for her rights to ROSEANNE.
Frankly, absent any other reporting on this subject -- and there'd be a
lot, you know, if it were true -- I just don't believe her.
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
I can see your point. I don't care enough to check.
Just out of curiosity, why did you make effort to remove "Trump" from my
original subject header and start a whole new thread for no particular
reason? Are you in love with the guy that much?
I think the real question is "why did you unnecessarily add `Trump` to the
subject of your article"? Obessed, much?
FPP
2018-07-02 22:29:23 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Yeah... he's Obessive-Compulsarie.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
super70s
2018-07-02 23:03:28 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
And you believe she is lieing because?
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in
the face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that
there'd be leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the
first time I've heard that Barr didn't take any money for her
rights to ROSEANNE. Frankly, absent any other reporting on this
subject -- and there'd >>>> be a lot, you know, if it were true --
I just don't believe her.
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's
praying or the right words? C'mon.
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
reason? Are you in love with the guy that much?
I think the real question is "why did you unnecessarily add `Trump` to the
subject of your article"? Obessed, much?
Um, over 3,000 documented lies as of May 1 might have something to do
with it. When you're talking about "lieing" as you put it he's the
Pinocchio du jour.
Eddie Haskell
2018-07-03 02:24:40 UTC
only the very lowest of intelligence believe trump
Ubiquitous
2018-07-02 23:03:29 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
Ubiquitous
2018-07-03 01:29:23 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
And you believe she is lieing because?
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in the
face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that there'd be
leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the first time I've
heard that Barr didn't take any money for her rights to ROSEANNE.
Frankly, absent any other reporting on this subject -- and there'd be a
lot, you know, if it were true -- I just don't believe her.
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
I can see your point. I don't care enough to check.
Just out of curiosity, why did you make effort to remove "Trump" from my
original subject header and start a whole new thread for no particular
reason? Are you in love with the guy that much?
I think the real question is "why did you unnecessarily add `Trump` to
the subject of your article"? Obsessed, much?
Yeah... he's Obessive-Compulsarie.
Anyone who unnecessarily adds `Trump` to the subject of a posting is, by
definition, obsessed with President trump.
FPP
2018-07-02 22:28:23 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
And you believe she is lieing because?
Barr's claim that she's had multiple offers to return to TV is in the
face of zero leaks on the subject. I guarantee you that there'd be
leaks if such were true. Also, this statement is the first time I've
heard that Barr didn't take any money for her rights to ROSEANNE.
Frankly, absent any other reporting on this subject -- and there'd be a
lot, you know, if it were true -- I just don't believe her.
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
I can see your point. I don't care enough to check.
Just out of curiosity, why did you make effort to remove "Trump" from my
original subject header and start a whole new thread for no particular
reason? Are you in love with the guy that much?
This kind of behavior is why I have you shitcanned in rec.arts.tv.
Then you don't KNOW about all the "debates" you've lost with him!
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
super70s
2018-07-03 01:11:46 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by super70s
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
It just wasn't worth seeing all the BS subject headers. But of course
many times people feed the trolls so I see them anyway.
FPP
2018-07-02 22:26:47 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by A Friend
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by super70s
[...]
But you care enough to "debate" it?
Of course you don't care! That would require consulting the facts, and
that would trigger your allergy to the truth.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Siri Cruise
2018-07-02 19:13:35 UTC
Post by A Friend
And she hasn't apologized to Valerie Jarrett yet because she's praying
for the right words? C'mon.
That's between her, her good, and anyone willing to watch her contingent on an
apology. I'm not in any of those.
Alan Smithee
Any apology from RB is an attempt to reclaim her show and her career.
Siri Cruise
2018-07-02 19:11:35 UTC
The comedian, who had her rebooted sitcom cancelled by ABC following
racist remarks on Twitter, revealed that she "almost already accepted
one really good offer to go back on TV."
The market giveth, and the market taketh away. If she can find an audience
willing to pay, more airtime to her.

I'm not going to pay, but others can.
Fred Oinka
2018-07-02 19:25:33 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by super70s
The comedian, who had her rebooted sitcom cancelled by ABC following
racist remarks on Twitter, revealed that she "almost already accepted
one really good offer to go back on TV."
The market giveth, and the market taketh away. If she can find an audience
willing to pay, more airtime to her.
I'm not going to pay, but others can.
She's one of your own: "On August 5, 2011, Barr appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and announced her candidacy for president in the 2012 presidential election, running on the "Green Tea Party" ticket.[74][75]

She also stated she would run for Prime Minister of Israel. In an interview with The Jewish Daily Forward she invoked tikkun olam in her support of bringing women into politics and religion.[76]

On September 19, she appeared at the Occupy Wall Street protests and spoke in support of the protestors.[77] "She stated any 'guilty' Wall Street bankers should be forced to give up any income over $100 million, and
Siri Cruise
2018-07-06 11:23:30 UTC
Post by Fred Oinka
She's one of your own
Really? Why doesn't she show up for Thanksgiving?
FPP
2018-07-06 11:37:54 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Fred Oinka
She's one of your own
Really? Why doesn't she show up for Thanksgiving?
Only one turkey is usually required.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Neill Massello
2018-07-02 21:36:37 UTC
Roseanne Barr On Possible Return to TV: "'I've Already Been Offered So
Many Things"
How about a sitcom in which she plays a suicide bomber whose day job is
in the entertainment industry?
FPP
2018-07-02 22:30:26 UTC
Post by Neill Massello
Post by super70s
Roseanne Barr On Possible Return to TV: "'I've Already Been Offered So
Many Things"
How about a sitcom in which she plays a suicide bomber whose day job is
in the entertainment industry?
Nope... Already taken by an orange haired blowhard.