Isn't Oprah a closet racist?
Add Reply
Ted Mahony
2004-04-18 01:51:11 UTC
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.

I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.

As a result, I will never watch her show again and will tell everyone
what I think when the conversaton turns to her show.
klm
2004-04-18 01:55:15 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience.
I thought that too. The way she addressed Erica, was like she thought she
was guilty.
R.M.
2004-04-18 02:22:39 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.
I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.
As a result, I will never watch her show again and will tell everyone
what I think when the conversaton turns to her show.
I have always thought that Oprah was a closet racist. Also, you will notice
that on many occasions, she makes SURE to let the audience know that she is
extremely rich. I have heard her brag about the extreme amount of wealth
that she has accumulated over the years no less than a half dozen times. And
I'm not even a regular viewer. In fact, the only times that I have watched
the show was when my wife turned it on and asked me to sit down and watch
Oprah with her.
Lane Closure
2004-04-18 04:15:23 UTC
I didn't see the Oprah show, but here's some more info on the Omarosa/Ereka
controversy:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2459

Omarosa hawks tell-all book, as production secrets of 'The Apprentice' slip out

By Wade Paulsen, 04/08/2004

Some shows are so hot ... how hot are they? ... that they can make stars out of
people like Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. That's HOT!

As Omarosa, the contestant on NBC's The Apprentice that everyone loved to hate,
hawked her proposed new book (entitled, appropriately enough, The Pink Slip) on
Extra TV and The Dennis Miller Show this week, the Washington Post reveals that
Omarosa's job performance was no better when she served as an intern in the
Clinton-Gore White House.

According to People Magazine, Omarosa burned through four administrative jobs
during her two-year stint ... and left a negative impression every step of the
way. As previously reported, her first job was answering Vice President Al
Gore's invitations (which is generously referred to as a
"scheduler/receptionist"). She then was moved to the administration's personnel
office. Finally, she was exiled out of the White House to two different jobs
within the Commerce Department, a Cabinet department generally so obscure that
hardly anyone can name the secretary. (Can you name the current Secretary of
Commerce? The answer is given later in this article.)

According to Cheryl Shavers, former undersecretary for technology at the
Commerce Department, where Manigault-Stallworth worked in 2000, Omarosa "was
asked to leave as quickly as possible, [because] she was so disruptive. One
woman wanted to slug her."

Omarosa told the Washington Post that these stories were untrue and that one of
her former colleagues at Commerce had it in for her. Gee, we have no idea why
anyone would have it in for Omarosa. All we can say is that it sounds like she
has a lot of experience with pink slips ... and we aren't talking about
lingerie.

The NY Daily News reports that Omarosa's publicist even fired her as a client.
According to the report, Omarosa delayed the taping of a June episode of Soap
Talk on SoapNet because she refused to sign the standard release form for
guests on the show. Although she ultimately did sign, her PR advisor, Shannon
Barr, walked off the set and refused to continue to work with her. When even
your own PR flacks won't defend you any longer, you know you've hit bottom.

By the way, in the ongoing controversy over Omarosa's previous claim that
fellow Apprentice contestant Ereka Ventrini called her the "n-word" -- a claim
strenuously denied by Ereka -- the appearance this week of the booted
Apprentice contestants and Donald Trump on the Oprah Winfrey show served, if
anything, to keep the kettle boiling. The NY Daily News reports that Ereka was
furious when Oprah raised the topic with only Omarosa and Trump onstage, while
Ereka was "fighting to speak" from the audience. Oprah's representatives deny
that her handling of this issue was biased toward Omarosa, even though Ereka
claims that Oprah "cut off" her response.

The negative publicity continuing to be generated by Omarosa's claim,
illustrated by two more articles this week, one from the Globe and Mail and one
from Richard Roeper of the Chicago Tribune, has Ereka investigating a lawsuit
against Omarosa for slander. We applaud any effort to get this issue out of the
tabloids and have it resolved according to blackletter law.

To digress for a moment, here are the essential elements of Ereka's potential
lawsuit for slander:

• a false and defamatory statement (a defamatory statement is one that puts
someone in a bad light) about another person;
• "published" (which means made to at least one third party);
• known to be false by the speaker (or, sometimes, spoken with reckless
disregard for the truth);
• that either causes "special harm" (actual damages) or is "slanderous per
se";
• and, perhaps (depending upon whether appearing on a reality-TV show makes
you a "public figure"), made with actual malice.

Normally, a statement is "slanderous per se" if it (i) says that you committed
a crime, (ii) imputes that you have an offensive or loathesome disease (e.g.,
AIDS or, in the old cases, leprosy), (iii) tends to injure you in trade,
business or reputation, or (iv) alleges seriously immoral behavior on your
part. It appears that Ereka could allege that Omarosa's statement was
"slanderous per se" because it injured her reputation (standard iii), as shown
in the above articles. We doubt that accusing someone of a racial slur rises to
the level of "seriously immoral" behavior (standard iv) legally, but the OJ
jury and the columnists above seem to disagree with us.

Ereka has no chance of proving "actual damages" from Omarosa's comments based
upon her own statements about the job offers she is receiving. Thus, if her
lawyers aren't certain that they can prove that Omarosa's statement is
slanderous per se, or if they think that they have to prove that Omarosa had
actual malice, Ereka would never file suit. Why? Because Ereka could lose the
suit on those issues without the court ever getting to the truth or falsity of
Omarosa's statement -- but the general public would see an Omarosa victory as
proof that Ereka really said the "n-word" to her.

We should point out that this list of requirments to prove slander is the
reason that so many obviously false statements made by opportunistic people who
should know better go unpunished. Most people fingered by such statements have
a hard time proving "actual damages," and they do not want to sue and lose.

At least Ereka still has Mark Burnett strongly in her corner. The Newark
Star-Ledger reports that, during a media conference call to plug the final two
episodes, Burnett "laughed off" the charge that he deliberately suppressed
footage of Ereka using racial slurs toward Omarosa. "How big would my ratings
be if I did have that (footage)? Do you think if I did have that, I wouldn't
put that on TV? While it's an awful thing, it is real television, and awful
things would be put on. On my other show, I showed the pig being killed, the
hands being burned, people quitting -- bad things."

Actually, Mark, we think the more appropriate analogies are the Ghandia-Ted
"grinding" during Survivor: Thailand and the Richard-Susan incident during
Survivor: All-Stars. That said, we find ourselves imagining what the ratings
for the "recap" edition of The Apprentice would have been if NBC had been able
to advertise it as showing "the truth" about Omarosa's allegations ... and we
cannot imaging Mark Burnett withholding ANY footage that would get those kinds
of ratings.

(Give up? The Secretary of Commerce in the Bush Administration is Donald L.
Evans.)

However, the attention to Omarosa has led to a cracking in the veil of secrecy
that surrounds most Mark Burnett reality-competition productions. The NY Post
reports that an upcoming TV Guide article will reveal a number of secrets about
the show. For example:

• The booted contestants take the taxi to ... a nearby hotel, where they
remained for the rest of the series (since, as Mark Burnett learned after
Gretchen returned home early during the first Survivor, your neighbors notice
... and report ... if you weren't gone for very long). Bowie Hogg, booted in
the fourth episode, said that he got to have "a free month in New York City on
Donald Trump and Mark Burnett."

Thus, Ereka and Omarosa actually had more time to build up their dislike for
one another while cooped up together after their back-to-back boots. According
to Ereka, the booted contestants "went to dinners, movies, played paint
ball...." We would have loved to witness the paint ball game, especially if
Ereka and Omarosa were on opposing teams.

• The travel bags that the contestants bring with them to the boardroom
(which we already knew was a TV set, not the real boardroom of The Trump
Organization) contain only enough clothes for a day or two. The production
staff actually fetches the remainder of each contestants' voluminous wardrobe
and brings it to the hotel.

• Since the suite, like the boardroom, is a "made-for-TV creation," it is
actually located on the same floor as the boardroom. Thus, the elevator ride
"up to the suite" for the surviving contestants is completely staged.

Finally, last but not least, the previously-discussed lingerie photo shoot of
Ereka, Kristi Frank, Katrina Campins and Amy Henry for the May issue of FHM
Magazine will appear on newsstands on Tuesday, April 13. Included among the
sexy pictures are some comments from the women about the events of the show,
including this one by Katrina about Omarosa:

"Before my confrontation with Omarosa, I heard she had pushed a cameraman.
That's another reason I was furious with her -- I was very close with
production. If you're sick of the cameras, don't sign up for a reality
television show. People were accusing me of being violent with her? That's
because they didn't see her push the cameraman two seconds earlier."

Uh, Katrina, if this quote is accurate, YOU didn't see her push the cameraman
either.

Women looking to appear on The Apprentice 2 (or 3) might want to keep this
quote of Kristi's in mind: "There was a lot more drinking on the show than you
saw. Sometimes they wouldn't feed us and we'd have drinks. I think they'd hold
off on serving the food because [when we were] delirious and wasted, we would
say anything."

Meet the new Mark Burnett formula for ratings success: get the women drunk.
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-18 16:33:53 UTC
Post by Lane Closure
The NY Daily News reports that Ereka was
furious when Oprah raised the topic with only Omarosa and Trump onstage, while
Ereka was "fighting to speak" from the audience. Oprah's representatives deny
that her handling of this issue was biased toward Omarosa, even though Ereka
claims that Oprah "cut off" her response.
Maybe the viewers should write into the NY Daily News, b/c it seems the
VIEWERS also thought Oprah was biased and refused to let Ereka speak.
Raqui
2004-04-18 04:29:20 UTC
Post by R.M.
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.
I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.
As a result, I will never watch her show again and will tell everyone
what I think when the conversaton turns to her show.
I'm not an Oprah viewer at all, but for different reasons....but I'm sure
YOUR decision not to ever watch her again..wow...I'm sure you'll be missed:)
Post by R.M.
I have always thought that Oprah was a closet racist. Also, you will notice
that on many occasions, she makes SURE to let the audience know that she is
extremely rich. I have heard her brag about the extreme amount of wealth
that she has accumulated over the years no less than a half dozen times.
Pretty much the way Donald Trump has done throughout the years....huh? To
me, that was nothing to do with gender, race, it has everything to do with
personality.

Oprah with her.
Rex Thomas
2004-04-18 17:20:17 UTC
"Raqui" <***@TV.com> wrote in message news:<Tungc.17879$***@fed1read05>...
Oprah? Puh-leeze. If anything, she kisses up to white people more
than she does blacks because the majority of her fans are white soccer
moms. She seems to have it in for black men.

I don't always agree with her, but I admire her for coming from
nothing. She's very savvy -- she knows Omarosa is the hot button from
"The Apprentice", and she's gonna play that up. She knows what she's
doing, and I don't think she's a racist.
Raqui
2004-04-18 17:39:39 UTC
Post by Rex Thomas
Oprah? Puh-leeze. If anything, she kisses up to white people more
than she does blacks because the majority of her fans are white soccer
moms. She seems to have it in for black men.
I don't always agree with her, but I admire her for coming from
nothing. She's very savvy -- she knows Omarosa is the hot button from
"The Apprentice", and she's gonna play that up. She knows what she's
doing, and I don't think she's a racist.
Raqui never said what it appears that you are attributing to me. (at least
it looks like I said that) I don't think Oprah's a racist either....but I
never made those statements. A simple check of my posts in this thread will
verify that:)
Rex Thomas
Sorry. I stand corrected.
closerjones
2004-04-25 03:56:40 UTC
Oprah is actually a closet lesbian.
Preesi
2004-04-25 04:04:06 UTC
I dont know about being a closet racist but I dont understand how she
can love that scientologist John Travolta so much!
--
preesi
~~~~~~~~~
Where I Hang Out: http://www.there.com
klm
2004-04-25 04:27:20 UTC
She must have liked Welcome Back Kotter.
klm
2004-04-25 04:26:42 UTC
But she's becoming a close horse.
E Varden
2004-04-28 11:51:13 UTC
Post by klm
Post by closerjones
Oprah is actually a closet lesbian.
But she's becoming a close horse.
I've hearn of a bathtub race, but racing closets?

Pe
Raqui
2004-04-25 06:17:09 UTC
lmao...that was funny!
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-18 16:19:19 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:22:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Isn't Oprah a closet racist?
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
I agree to this. I don't watch regularly...maybe 3 or 4 times a year. And I
can't remember when she didn't mention her wealth. As if being named the
first black billionaire all over the media wasn's enough for her. I mean,
people KNOW, Oprah. We ALL know.
Ted Mahony
2004-04-18 19:03:32 UTC
What I don't like is the hypocrisy of blacks and others who pat
themselves on the back about being politically correct and who think
of themselves as being hip and cool that they do not discriminate and,
heavens forbid if the "n" word is thought of we must refer to it as
"the N word" and not by its name. Then, they call women "bitches" and
"cunts" as if those names are okay. Those names are NOT okay. They
are just as offensive as nigger, fag, queer, butch, spic, Heeb, Kike,
Chinks and Gook. So, if blacks don't like to be called niggers, gays
don't like queer, fag or butch, Jews don't like Heeb or Kike and
Asians don't care for Chink or Gook, then don't use the words bitch or
cunt. Hypocrites!

I'm a liberal who does not call anyone names except "hypocrite" when I
catch some holier than thou acting PC on the one hand and then
corrects someone calling another a derogatory name. Not only are
these people hypocrites, they're ignorant. So, my feeling is: Bitch
and cunt are no longer to be used, EVER, or they are used as well as
nigger, fag, queer, butch, spic, Heeb, Kike, Chink and Gook.

As for bigots, I've worked with all types of individuals and have
found more bigotry and racist behavior from blacks towards whites than
I have found from whites toward blacks. I guess blacks feel like they
are entitled. Blacks have a chip on their shoulder and then cry
discrimination when that chip does not get them their way.

I used to go out of my way for blacks (my own type of affirmative
action plan) and found not one of them appreciated it. After
realizing how I bent over backwards for blacks only to be mistreated
by them, my belief is that if blacks are not as successful as whites
perhaps it's from their own undoing.

As for Oprah, when I first heard her say "Whites just don't get it," I
thought at the time what if Phil Donahue, Dr. Phil, Jay Leno or David
Letterman said, "Blacks just don't get it." I bet a massive boycott
would take place to get them off the air. I bet the boycott would
succeed.

I still think Oprah is a closest racist and any white friends of her
are friends for a reason. Once that reason is no longer needed by
Oprah they are toast. If push came to shove I believe Oprah would
show her true colors (no pun intended) and people would see how much
of a racist she is against whites.
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Raqui
2004-04-18 19:30:44 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
Feel better now? Got it off your chest? Are you posting from your
neighborhood bar? See the post from a poster with the screen name *cris*
that came in at 12:02pm...quite enlightening:)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-19 02:34:08 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 18 Apr 2004 12:03:32 -0700
What I don't like is the hypocrisy of blacks and others who pat
themselves on the back about being politically correct and who think
of themselves as being hip and cool that they do not discriminate and,
heavens forbid if the "n" word is thought of we must refer to it as
"the N word" and not by its name. Then, they call women "bitches" and
"cunts" as if those names are okay. Those names are NOT okay. They
are just as offensive as nigger, fag, queer, butch, spic, Heeb, Kike,
Chinks and Gook. So, if blacks don't like to be called niggers, gays
don't like queer, fag or butch, Jews don't like Heeb or Kike and
Asians don't care for Chink or Gook, then don't use the words bitch or
cunt. Hypocrites!
THIS is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I criticized the way blacks
act like "nigger" is the worst word in the whole world or that being called
that is the worst injustice in the whole world, while many of them use words
that are equally, if not worse, than that. Of course, I got accused of being
racist for pointing out this hypocrisy!!!!!!!!
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-19 02:39:01 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I used to go out of my way for blacks (my own type of affirmative
action plan) and found not one of them appreciated it. After
realizing how I bent over backwards for blacks only to be mistreated
by them, my belief is that if blacks are not as successful as whites
perhaps it's from their own undoing.
I have experienced something similar in my line of work. I'm an advocate for
residents' rights in nursing homes and I live and work in a city that is
predominately black...thus, many of my clients are...about 80% of them. I
defend them, I listen to them, when I don't like what I see and hear I
bloody well raise hell and I get reactions! Yet, you should see how my
clients' **families** treat me. Often, when I visit the residents their
families don't even acknowledge my presence. It's like there's this jealousy
and animosity that a WHITE woman is doing something for their loved ones
that they don't/can't/won't do themselves. It sickens me. My residents, on
the other hand, are as dear as dear can be. I adore them so. And some of
their family members are lovely, too.
Lily
2004-04-19 03:23:01 UTC
Ted Mahoney wrote:

<<As for bigots, I've worked with all types of individuals and have
found more bigotry and racist behavior from blacks towards whites than I
have found from whites toward blacks. I guess blacks feel like they are
entitled. Blacks have a chip on their shoulder and then cry
discrimination when that chip does not get them their way.

I used to go out of my way for blacks (my own type of affirmative action
plan) and found not one of them appreciated it. After realizing how I
bent over backwards for blacks only to be mistreated by them, my belief
is that if blacks are not as successful as whites perhaps it's from
their own undoing.

I'm a liberal--->>

Yeah, right.

<<-- who does not call anyone names except "hypocrite" when I catch some
holier than thou acting PC on the one hand and then corrects someone
calling another a derogatory name. Not only are these people hypocrites,
they're ignorant. So, my feeling is: Bitch and cunt are no longer to be
used, EVER, or they are used as well as nigger, fag, queer, butch, spic,
Heeb, Kike, Chink and Gook.>>

You're a liberal--and I'm Catherine Zeta Jones. Okey dokey.

Lily
Raqui
2004-04-19 03:46:26 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
Queer? What about that TV show? It has *queer* in it's title...my, my...will
wonders never cease:)

Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
cris
2004-04-19 21:46:58 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
Interesting that your a liberal since a lot of liberals, NOT ALL,
have a problem with blacks and women who are too successful. The
thought of a black woman billionaire like Oprah threatens the liberal
ideaology that blacks should remain dependent on the Democratic party
for government handouts and assistence. No wonder you hate her so
much.

Not only are
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
Well if a boycott did occur if one of them said that, it wouldn't
prove that any of those men are racist, it would just prove that
blacks are ridiculously hypersensetive and that politically correct
hysteria had reached absurd levels.

Similarly your over the top reaction to Oprah's comment proves that
you are ridiculously hyper sensetive and hysterical.

I agree there is a double standard in that generalizations about
blacks are considered racist while generalizations about whites are in
vogue (i.e. the book "Stupid white men" and the movie "white men can't
jump")

But that in no way proves Oprah's a racist. It just proves that blacks
are oversensetive because of their history in America and that
political correctness has gone too far. We ALL need to stop taking
race so seriously, but for you to call Oprah a racist for a completely
inocuous comment makes you part of the problem you say you want to
solve.
Post by Ted Mahony
I still think Oprah is a closest racist and any white friends of her
are friends for a reason.
So that's why she flew her WHITE fourth grade teacher from Nashville
to her
50th birthday??

I believe you're showing YOUR true colors and they're not pretty.
Rodney Peterson
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-18 16:15:24 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 17 Apr 2004 18:51:11 -0700
Subject: Isn't Oprah a closet racist?
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.
I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.
As a result, I will never watch her show again and will tell everyone
what I think when the conversaton turns to her show.
I didn't see the show, so I can't comment. However, I will say that what
really makes me angry is how blacks act like being called the word "nigger"
is **********THE********** worst thing that could ever happen to them. Yes,
it is an ugly slur. Yes, no one should EVER be called that. But it's not the
worst thing in the world. It's just a bad word. There are lots of people in
ths world who suffer from being called bad words. But in general, you cannot
EVEN compare being called "nigger" to all the other horrible, unthinkable
injustices done to human beings all over the world. I'm sick to death of
this attitude!!!! People can't even say the word. They have to say the "N
word". So, you can say fuck, shit, cunt, whore, etc......but when it comes
to the ugly slur against blacks you have to use only the initial! It's
ridiculous!!!! This whole issue is made even more ridiculous by the fact
that blacks call *themselves* this word all the time!!! It's a stupid game
whites are supposed to play with that word so that blacks will feel
justified. Then there's the hypocrisy, b/c I KNOW blacks call other
races/groups by ugly slurs. Asians can be chinks, gays can be faggots,
whites can be honkeys....but OMG, watch out if a black person even *thinks*
they have been called "nigger". Enough!!
Raqui
2004-04-18 14:22:24 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 17 Apr 2004 18:51:11 -0700
[...]
Says who...you? Are you the leading authority on what should piss somebody
off?

It's just a bad word.

You're wrong...it's not just a word.

There are lots of people in
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
ths world who suffer from being called bad words. But in general, you cannot
EVEN compare being called "nigger" to all the other horrible, unthinkable
injustices done to human beings all over the world. I'm sick to death of
this attitude!!!! People can't even say the word.
Why should anyone want to? Why should that even be in your vocabulary,
especially since you see it tends to rile people up. That seems stupid to
me.

They have to say the "N
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
word". So, you can say fuck, shit, cunt, whore, etc......but when it comes
to the ugly slur against blacks you have to use only the initial! It's
ridiculous!!!! This whole issue is made even more ridiculous by the fact
that blacks call *themselves* this word all the time!!!
They say *nigga*...there IS a difference. Practise saying that. It has an
*a* at the end. Then when you think you have perfected it, I would like you
to walk up to the biggest, baddest, meanest looking black person you see,
and greet them with. Watch the response...you'll love it:)

It's a stupid game
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
whites are supposed to play with that word so that blacks will feel
justified. Then there's the hypocrisy, b/c I KNOW blacks call other
races/groups by ugly slurs. Asians can be chinks, gays can be faggots,
whites can be honkeys....but OMG, watch out if a black person even *thinks*
they have been called "nigger". Enough!!
There are a few names I could think to call you right now. Do you mind? You
don't seem to have a big problem with slurs, so please....let me know if I
can refer to you something other than yiour screen name:)
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-18 19:17:29 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:22:24 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
You're ignorant. And you're one of the very people that my post was about.
Raqui
2004-04-18 16:34:46 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:22:24 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 17 Apr 2004 18:51:11 -0700
[...]
Wow! How do you do it? There was a really clever comeback. You are full of
witty retorts huh? I guess you put me in my place....yessum....I's knows my
place now. I should have never challenged you. What you think is always
correct. The world would be a better place if everyone thought just like
you. Let's just make you the supreme leader and call it a day. (or do you
already have the title of supreme?) Smile....people are always watching:)
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-19 02:09:09 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:34:46 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:22:24 -0700
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Like I said, you're ignorant. Keep proving my point.
nikki
2004-04-19 01:14:20 UTC
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
snip<<<
I didn't see the show, so I can't comment. However, I will say that what
really makes me angry is how blacks act like being called the word
"nigger"
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
is **********THE********** worst thing that could ever happen to them.
Yes,
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
it is an ugly slur. Yes, no one should EVER be called that. But it's not
the
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
worst thing in the world.
Says who...you? Are you the leading authority on what should piss somebody
off?
It's just a bad word.
You're wrong...it's not just a word.
snip
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
EVEN compare being called "nigger" to all the other horrible, unthinkable
injustices done to human beings all over the world. I'm sick to death of
this attitude!!!! People can't even say the word.
Why should anyone want to? Why should that even be in your vocabulary,
especially since you see it tends to rile people up. That seems stupid to
me.
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
This is a hot button topic to be sure. I DO understand the pain and
years of history which are associated with the word; and there would
be no doubt that were I Black, it would cut like a knife to hear it
from the mouth of a non-Black person. However like Salome I feel that
it is stilted and just plain odd that in a courtroom setting 2 grown
men/attorneys have to say "N Word" while questioning a witness. Or
that a newscaster has to say "N Word" when relaying a news piece. And
just as I honor the A.American community's need to never have a
Caucasian say the n word, I think Blacks should also admit to some
degree of hypocrisy in using it so freely themselves.
I understand that in "owning" it and using the "a" instead of the "er"
version as a sort of weird endearment there is a type of defusing and
disempowering of the word. However as much as I loathe the word cunt,
I am not going to use it around my feminist friends in order to strip
it of its power. I am never going to refer to my husband/inlaws as
kikes because I find it as offensive from my mouth as I do from the
mouth of a white supremacist. And lastly, remember it's not the idiot
cracker minority who actually SAY the word who are the real enemy. I
grew up in the south in fairly prominent upper middle class white
society in the 60's and 70's and I never once heard anyone from my
side of the tracks say the n word. I knew many seriously prejudiced
bigots in areas of leadership and power, but I never heard the word
said even ONCE IN HUSHED TONES! So the truth is that civilized White
folks haven't used the word for MANY years, but there are a hell of a
lot of bigots around still. Don't worry about the dopes who expose
themselves as dopes by saying it. They are like the yipping little
dog. All bark and no bite. Be concerned about the smiling, polite big
dogs who show their racism by their actions, as these are the true
enemy. It really is just a word "full of sound and fury and signifying
nothing".
But I shall respect the climate of sensitivity and in deference use
only the term "N word" when relaying a newstory and I will not repeat
the jokes from Chis Rock's concert last night to my friends.
TdN
2004-04-20 02:54:42 UTC
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
you can say fuck, shit, cunt, whore,
Oprah never says any of those on her TV show. Nor should she.

I've heard people on TV say "the n word", just as they say "the f
word", "the c word", etc. I don't think it's appropriate to hear
EITHER obscenity or ethnic slurs on TV.

T.
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-20 13:23:45 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 19 Apr 2004 19:54:42 -0700
Post by The Outlaw Salome Wales
you can say fuck, shit, cunt, whore,
Oprah never says any of those on her TV show. Nor should she.
I've heard people on TV say "the n word", just as they say "the f
word", "the c word", etc. I don't think it's appropriate to hear
EITHER obscenity or ethnic slurs on TV.
T.
So, if someone says "the Q word" everyone will know that's "queer"? Or if
someone says "the K word" everyone will know that's "kike"? I don't think
so! And I have never, never, never heard ANY other racial slur referred to
by it's initial except "nigger".
Rex Thomas
2004-04-24 23:48:48 UTC
[...]
Of course it's not gonna mean anything to YOU! But to people of
African descent, it means a lot, the word carries a lot of baggage.
And you are proof of what Oprah says, "Whites just don't get it." I
know many who do get it, but you aren't one of them.
Ron Turner
2004-04-18 16:44:54 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist.
I don't know if she's a racist or not, but I do think she's phony, not as nice
and wholesome as she claims to be.

She's got a wicked cruel streak that comes out every once in awhile. She
showed her true colors with Omarossa. Sometimes it shows when she's annoyed
with a guest or audience member that isn't cooperating perfectly. And then of
course there was her gushing about Michael Moore, serious character flaw right
there.
my blog: http://naughtypundit.blogspot.com
Raqui
2004-04-18 17:03:34 UTC
Post by Ron Turner
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist.
I don't know if she's a racist or not, but I do think she's phony, not as nice
and wholesome as she claims to be.
Couldn't agree with you more. She is a phony...and she can be mean. However
she is a producer and thinks about ratings....and like it or not, Omarosa IS
a ratings giant right now. If I was the producer of that show, Omarosa would
have been on the couch as well, and it has nothing at all to do with race.
And let me clarify something...Oprah was NOT the first black billionaire.
Bob Johnson...founder of BET (Black Entertainment Televiision) was. He was
taken off of the list this year because he got a divorce, and Sheila (his
wife) got some of that money. He very well might be a billionaire again as I
write this. Another poster said she was the first....she wasn't.
Jeff
2004-04-19 01:58:29 UTC
Post by Raqui
Post by Ron Turner
and wholesome as she claims to be.
Couldn't agree with you more. She is a phony...and she can be mean. However
she is a producer and thinks about ratings....and like it or not, Omarosa IS
a ratings giant right now. If I was the producer of that show, Omarosa would
have been on the couch as well, and it has nothing at all to do with race.
I agree. Oprah's the furthest thing from a racist. Her white
neighbors in California who know her very well and love her so much
they through that 50th birthday for her.
Post by Raqui
And let me clarify something...Oprah was NOT the first black billionaire.
Bob Johnson...founder of BET (Black Entertainment Televiision) was.
Actually the African dictator Mabutu was the first black billionaire.
Johnson was just the first black billionaire in America. But since
Mabutu's dead and Johnson's divorced, Oprah's now the only black
billionaire in the world and also the world's first black woman
billionaire (black billionairess).
Raqui
2004-04-19 02:40:47 UTC
Post by Jeff
Post by Raqui
Post by Jeff
Post by Raqui
Bob Johnson...founder of BET (Black Entertainment Televiision) was.
Actually the African dictator Mabutu was the first black billionaire.
Swiss banking supervisors could never find the billions he supposedly had
stashed away, and that's probably why the dictator wasn't listed as a
billionaire His riches were estimated as high as 7 billion dollars...but as
with most dictators he hid much of his assets, so it's hard to say what he
had...but he was rich:) http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9706/03/mobutu/ Many lists
do have Johnson as first billionaire
http://www.kccall.com/News/2003/0307/Front_Page/035.html
...although there is Reggie Lewis of Beatrice Foods...but I guess that was a
company that did business in the billions.
cris
2004-04-18 19:02:44 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist.
Please don't THINK. You're too damn stupid to think.

I saw her practically turn
Post by Ted Mahony
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word.
How did she turn over her show to Omarosa? She let Omarosa sit on
stage because she's the guest viewers were most interested in. Donald
Trump is thinking of letting Omarosa return to his show. Does that
mean Trump is racist against his own race? No, it means she gets
viewers to tune which is why Oprah and Trump both give her
preferential treatment. Besides it probably wasn't Oprah's decision
but that of her executive producer, who is a WHITE woman. Oprah hates
whites so much she gave a white woman the top production job in her
company and made two white men president of Harpo. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Post by Ted Mahony
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.
I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.
If that's honestly the conclusion you've come to, then you're a
terrible judge of character because anyone with even an ounce of
common sense knows that Oprah doesn't have a racist bone in her body.
Look at what she did for Dr. Phil, who is not only a white guy, but a
good ol' boy, sraight from the heart of Texas. She single handedly
plucked him out of nowhere, had the vision to see his potential as a
TV performer, convinced him to change careers, and brilliatly marketed
and nurtured him into one of the most popular TV stars and authors in
America and even created a talk show for him.

Her personal trainer is a white guy and she bought him a condo in
Florida simply because she was happy with her weight loss. Her chef
Rosie is white and Oprah helped her become the highest selling cook
book author of all time. Oprah recently promoted a white woman to
executive producer, the most prestigous position in her hyper
successful company.

Oprah's favorite teacher from fourth grade was white and Oprah had
her at her 50th birthday bash. One of Oprah's best friends is Maria
Shriver. Oprah's target audience is white women in the suburbs.

Look at all the white authors Oprah turned into millionaires with her
book club.

In fact Oprah is so not racist that in high school, other blacks
called her an oreo because she often had lunch with whites in the
cafteria and because Oprah once refused to vote for a black student
council member because he wasn't qualified.

In the early years Oprah was criticised by blacks for hugging too many
white people in her audience. And the second she gives a black guest
the smallest degree of preferential treatment, white males JUMP on the
chance to call this black woman BILLIONAIR a racist.

Interesting.....

It seems that black people can't win in America. Not with idiots like
you
who will besmich reputation of the world's most successful black,
without first even doing your homework.
The Outlaw Salome Wales
2004-04-19 02:31:41 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities
Date: 18 Apr 2004 12:02:44 -0700
Post by Ted Mahony
[...]
Wheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, that took my breath away. All I can is, I'm glad *I*
didn't call her a racist!
Dori
2004-04-20 20:20:58 UTC
The Outlaw Salome Wales <***@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<BCA8881D.11820%***@earthlink.net>...

(snip)
Post by cris
If that's honestly the conclusion you've come to, then you're a
terrible judge of character because anyone with even an ounce of
common sense knows that Oprah doesn't have a racist bone in her body.
Look at what she did for Dr. Phil, who is not only a white guy, but a
good ol' boy, sraight from the heart of Texas. She single handedly
plucked him out of nowhere, had the vision to see his potential as a
TV performer, convinced him to change careers, and brilliatly marketed
and nurtured him into one of the most popular TV stars and authors in
America and even created a talk show for him.
And the fact that all that help she gave him is making HER millions
and millions (and millions) has NOTHING to do with it, right? Wake
up. It was not about doing something nice for a "good 'ol white boy".
It was all about the money, honey.
Post by cris
Her personal trainer is a white guy and she bought him a condo in
Florida simply because she was happy with her weight loss. Her chef
Rosie is white and Oprah helped her become the highest selling cook
book author of all time. Oprah recently promoted a white woman to
executive producer, the most prestigous position in her hyper
successful company.
So "the help" is white. Big whoop. One might infer that she, perhaps
subconsciously, hires whites for "help" just that so she, a black
woman, can look down on them. In other words, a power thing. An FU
thing.
Post by cris
Oprah's favorite teacher from fourth grade was white and Oprah had
her at her 50th birthday bash.
She had a white person over to a party of hers that was attended by
HUNDREDS? Wow! (Yeesh, let's try to keep things in persperspective,
hm?)
Post by cris
One of Oprah's best friends is Maria Shriver.
One of Oprah's one thousand "best friends" is white? Stop the
presses!
Post by cris
Oprah's target audience is white women in the suburbs.
And you think she PLANNED it that way, or that she has an affinity for
white women? She's just following the money, honey.

(more snippage of apologist drivel in the interest of saving time)

I don't think Oprah is a racist either. But I did see her giving
preferential treatment to Assorama over Ereka, and I do think it was
because of Assorama being black.
That's a shameful thing of you to say.
Raqui
Why is that so shameful to say, especially if the poster thinks it is true?
cris
2004-04-21 02:25:34 UTC
Post by Dori
(snip)
Post by cris
If that's honestly the conclusion you've come to, then you're a
terrible judge of character because anyone with even an ounce of
common sense knows that Oprah doesn't have a racist bone in her body.
Look at what she did for Dr. Phil, who is not only a white guy, but a
good ol' boy, sraight from the heart of Texas. She single handedly
plucked him out of nowhere, had the vision to see his potential as a
TV performer, convinced him to change careers, and brilliatly marketed
and nurtured him into one of the most popular TV stars and authors in
America and even created a talk show for him.
And the fact that all that help she gave him is making HER millions
and millions (and millions) has NOTHING to do with it, right? Wake
up. It was not about doing something nice for a "good 'ol white boy".
It was all about the money, honey.
Well the fact that she had so much faith in the talents of a good ol'
white boy
to generate millions and millions and millions that she put her
credibility and ratings on the line for him even while her producers
and viewers were telling her to drop him proves she has enormous
respect for the talent and intelligence of whites, even a good ol'
white boy (it also proves she's a marketing genius).

Now if she were racist she wouldn't have invested so much time and
energy into a good ol' white boy because she would have prejudged him
as useless and not worthy of her efforts. You wake up.
Post by Dori
Post by cris
Her personal trainer is a white guy and she bought him a condo in
Florida simply because she was happy with her weight loss. Her chef
Rosie is white and Oprah helped her become the highest selling cook
book author of all time. Oprah recently promoted a white woman to
executive producer, the most prestigous position in her hyper
successful company.
So "the help" is white. Big whoop. One might infer that she, perhaps
subconsciously, hires whites for "help" just that so she, a black
woman, can look down on them. In other words, a power thing. An FU
thing.
Yes but she bought her white trainer a condo in Florida, refers to
him as her brother, and goes on realestate shopping sprees with him.
She turned her chef Rosie into one of the best selling authors of all
time and made Rosie so rich that she retired at an incredibley young
age. I wish someone would be that racist against me.
Post by Dori
Post by cris
Oprah's favorite teacher from fourth grade was white and Oprah had
her at her 50th birthday bash.
She had a white person over to a party of hers that was attended by
HUNDREDS? Wow! (Yeesh, let's try to keep things in persperspective,
hm?)
Just the fact that one of the most important people in her life is
white shows how racist she isn't. Just the fact that Oprah broke down
into hysterical sobs the moment she sees her white fourth grade
teachers shows that also.
Post by cris
Oprah's target audience is white women in the suburbs.
And you think she PLANNED it that way, or that she has an affinity for
white women? She's just following the money, honey.
(more snippage of apologist drivel in the interest of saving time)
Apologist drivel? No I call it defending the world's most successful
black from a ridiculous and hateful attack.
Post by Dori
I don't think Oprah is a racist either.
Thank you!

But I did see her giving
Post by Dori
preferential treatment to Assorama over Ereka, and I do think it was
because of Assorama being black.
Well I wouldn't be surprised if Omarosa refused to go on the show
unless she was given the stage and the producers gave in because of
Omarosa's ratings potential. That's just a theory but it's plausible
because Omarosa recently refused to go on a radio show because Erika
was on it so she obviously plays hardball during media negotiations.

I seriously doubt if Oprah even watches the show. She claims to watch
virtually no TV so she probably knows nothing about Omarosa.

If
Post by Dori
Post by cris
It seems that black people can't win in America.
That's a shameful thing of you to say.
No I think it's a perceptive thing to say. Blacks are 12% of the U.S.
yet they have been 0% of American presidents and 0% of
multi-billionaires. It is very difficult for blacks to achieve
success at the highest levels. A lot of this is the fault of blacks
themselves but a lot of it is because successful blacks get attacked
from both directions. When successful blacks reach out to whites,
liberals feel threatened and call them Uncle Toms. When successful
blacks reach out to other blacks, conservatives get threatened and
call them "racists". So blacks can't win.

By contrast, when whites reach out to other whites, they're considered
mainstream and traditional (i.e. Ronald Reagan), and when whites reach
out to blacks they're considered hip and edgey (Eminem) or blacks are
just so grateful a powerful white is taking them seriously that they
are loyal for life (Bill Clinton). Either way whites come out on top.
This makes it much easier for whites to operate without controversy
and roadblocks in the worlds of politics and pop culture.
FERRANTE

Raqui
2004-04-19 00:33:49 UTC
Post by FERRANTE
I've always felt that about her. You can pick up on stuff along the
way which gives you that impression.
Mark Ferrante
I know what you mean....can't quite put your finger on it...but... I get
that same vibe about Regis Phelbin, Kelly Ripa...Barbara Walters, Diane
Sawyer, Stone Philips...well the list just goes on. No proof of anything
mind you....just a gut feeling:)
Sam5212342
2004-04-19 14:54:34 UTC
black person with POWER treats white person "badly" and whites go apeshit.

save your disgust for racism the next time a cop shoots a black kid reaching
for his wallet.
FERRANTE
2004-04-21 14:15:36 UTC
Post by Sam5212342
black person with POWER treats white person "badly" and whites go apeshit.
save your disgust for racism the next time a cop shoots a black kid reaching
for his wallet.
The real disgust is reading your (mis)use of English composition. Most
people start their sentences with a capital letter.
w***@gmail.com
Miloch
2018-01-09 16:44:21 UTC
Post by Ted Mahony
I think Oprah Winfrey is a closet racist. I saw her practically turn
over her show to Omarosa, that liar from The Apprentice who accused
Ereka of calling her the "N" word. It appeared that Oprah, rather
than remaining neutral, seemed to attack Ereka who was in the
audience. Oprah didn't give Ereka the same amount of broadcast time
as Omarosa and spoke down to Ereka in an accusing way.
I remember several years back one of Oprah's shows dealt with racism
in the U.S. On that episode Oprah turned to the audience and said
"Whites just don't get it." I think Oprah is a closet racist. When I
saw that show I thought to myself she's a racist that cannot be
trusted. When the Omarosa/Ereka show was on it confirmed it.
As a result, I will never watch her show again and will tell everyone
what I think when the conversaton turns to her show.
The Oprah Winfrey Show's last episode was in 2011...so I doubt you'll be seeing
her program on TV.

At $2.8B net worth, I don't think she cares what anybody thinks.