Aides expect Trump to go rogue on Manafort pardon
2018-08-25 15:37:10 UTC
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/trump-manafort-pardon-white-house-aides-795712

President Donald Trump’s lawyers and a cadre of informal White House advisers
claim they’ve convinced him not to pardon Paul Manafort — but White House
officials expect the president to do it anyway.

The president’s characterization of his former campaign chairman as a victim and
“brave man” is being read by aides as a signal that Trump wants to use his
unilateral authority to issue pardons to absolve Manafort, according to eight
current and former administration officials and outside advisers.

“Trump is setting it up. He’s referring to the investigation as a ‘witch hunt’
and saying this never would have happened to an aide to Hillary Clinton,” said
one former campaign official.

Three senior administration aides said the president has not expressed to them
directly any immediate intention of pardoning Manafort, who was convicted
earlier this week on eight counts of felony tax evasion and bank fraud. Rudy
Giuliani, Trump’s lawyer, told The Washington Post on Thursday that the
president had agreed not to pardon Manafort, who faces a second trial on
lobbying violations in Washington next month, until after the midterms if at
all. Giuliani did not return a call for comment.

Members of the president’s informal group of outside advisers, including former
House Speaker Newt Gingrich, have stepped in over the past few weeks to caution
the president against exonerating Manafort before the midterms.

“He certainly does not need to do it. The things Manafort has been convicted of
have nothing to do with Trump,” Gingrich told POLITICO. “The president thinks
Manafort’s biggest crime was running the Trump campaign. If he had run the
Clinton campaign, then he would have gotten immunity and never would have had
any problems.”

more at
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/trump-manafort-pardon-white-house-aides-795712

go Raiders/9ners
Siri Cruise
2018-08-25 17:05:54 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch <***@newsguy.com>
wrote:

> “Trump is setting it up. He’s referring to the investigation as a ‘witch hunt’
> and saying this never would have happened to an aide to Hillary Clinton,” said
> one former campaign official.

And this is the standard of justice Republicans will be known for: Republicans
are not allowed to be convicted no matter what they do, while Democrats are to
be punished no matter what they didn't do.

An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Tommy
2018-08-25 17:14:33 UTC
Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in

Beutiful spin.
Siri Cruise
2018-08-25 17:34:28 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
Tommy <***@outlook.com> wrote:

> Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
> > <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
> >
> >> “Trump is setting it up. He’s referring to the investigation as a
> >> ‘witch hunt’ and saying this never would have happened to an aide to
> >> Hillary Clinton,” said one former campaign official.
> >
> > And this is the standard of justice Republicans will be known for:
> > Republicans are not allowed to be convicted no matter what they do,
> > while Democrats are to be punished no matter what they didn't do.
> >

> Beutiful spin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/business/trump-manafort-pardon-new-york-state-
vance.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/paul-manafort-will-likely-go-to-jail-
if-trump-pardons-him-thanks-to-a-lone-holdout-juror.html

If Trump pardons Manafort on the charges from this month¹s federal case alone,
then he would still face prosecution in three very blue states (New York,
Illinois, and California) and one increasingly blue-ish state (Virginia). Those
are four jury pools that would potentially be altogether worse for Manafort. If,
in this month¹s trial, Manafort could only persuade one juror out of 12 on about
half of these charges, his chances would seem pretty low at running the table in
four more trials in Manhattan, Los Angeles, Chicago, and northern Virginia. And
we haven¹t even discussed the charges in the second federal trial next month and
whatever additional state criminal liability Manafort might face that has not
been charged at the federal level. And Mueller still might be strategically
holding off on other charges.

Miloch
2018-08-25 20:03:11 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
>> <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> “Trump is setting it up. He’s referring to the investigation as a
>>> ‘witch hunt’ and saying this never would have happened to an aide to
>>> Hillary Clinton,” said one former campaign official.
>>
>> And this is the standard of justice Republicans will be known for:
>> Republicans are not allowed to be convicted no matter what they do,
>> while Democrats are to be punished no matter what they didn't do.
>>

>Beutiful spin.

Whew!...that's quite a cranium full, One-Syllable Boy! Looks like goin' rogue
has left you exhausted!...at least Sarah Palin knew how to spell...dumb shit as
she was.

go Raiders/9ners
Tommy
2018-08-25 20:13:15 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
> Tommy says...
>>
>>Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>> And this is the standard of justice Republicans will be known for:
>>> Republicans are not allowed to be convicted no matter what they do,
>>> while Democrats are to be punished no matter what they didn't do.
>>>

>>Beutiful spin.
>
> Whew!...that's quite a cranium full, One-Syllable Boy! Looks like
> goin' rogue has left you exhausted!...at least Sarah Palin knew how to
> spell...dumb shit as she was.

That bothers you doesn't it?

Miloch
2018-08-25 20:26:14 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Siri Cruise <***@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>>Beutiful spin.
>>
>> Whew!...that's quite a cranium full, One-Syllable Boy! Looks like
>> goin' rogue has left you exhausted!...at least Sarah Palin knew how to
>> spell...dumb shit as she was.
>>

>That bothers you doesn't it?

Nah...it confirms my original opinion of ya...that you're a typical TeaParty
simpleton who knee-jerks to banner headlines but doesn't bother to read the
small print.

You're the ideal Trumperoonie...dumb enough to believe 'im but not smart enough
to ask questions.

....see ya at the impeachment!...I'll let ya hold my coat while I ass-fuck
Melania.

go Raiders/9ners
Tommy
2018-08-25 21:12:29 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
> Tommy says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>>> Tommy says...

>>> Whew!...that's quite a cranium full, One-Syllable Boy! Looks like
>>> goin' rogue has left you exhausted!...at least Sarah Palin knew how
>>> to spell...dumb shit as she was.
>>>

>>That bothers you doesn't it?
>>>

> Nah...it confirms my original opinion of ya...that you're a typical
> TeaParty simpleton who knee-jerks to banner headlines but doesn't
> bother to read the small print.
>
> You're the ideal Trumperoonie...dumb enough to believe 'im but not
> smart enough to ask questions.
>
> ....see ya at the impeachment!...I'll let ya hold my coat while I
> ass-fuck Melania.
>

> *

No that you got that out of your system, need a tissue and a safe spot?
LOL
MaxxX
2018-08-25 22:32:02 UTC

You couldn't get it up for a woman.
Miloch
2018-08-25 23:39:25 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, MaxxX says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>>...I'll let ya hold my coat while I ass-fuck
>>Melania.
>
>You couldn't get it up for a woman.

Ah....you finally showed up...I guess ya finished a little early today from
picking the dingle-berries out of Trump's butt-hair.

...just make sure ya get paid in full...he's deadbeat with a long string of
unpaid bills...or didja volunteer to do it for free?

go Raiders/9ners
Tommy
2018-08-25 23:50:01 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@4ax.com>, MaxxX says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>>...I'll let ya hold my coat while I ass-fuck
>>>Melania.
>>
>>You couldn't get it up for a woman.
>

> Ah....you finally showed up...I guess ya finished a little early today
> from picking the dingle-berries out of Trump's butt-hair.
>
> ...just make sure ya get paid in full...he's deadbeat with a long
> string of unpaid bills...or didja volunteer to do it for free?

He's rich and your president, and you are a sniveling punk behind a
keyboard...sooo......
Miloch
2018-08-26 01:30:29 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>You couldn't get it up for a woman.
>>

>> Ah....you finally showed up...I guess ya finished a little early today
>> from picking the dingle-berries out of Trump's butt-hair.
>>
>> ...just make sure ya get paid in full...he's deadbeat with a long
>> string of unpaid bills...or didja volunteer to do it for free?
>>

>He's rich and your president, and you are a sniveling punk behind a
>keyboard...sooo......

Mueller will find out how much Trump owes the Russians/Chinese-German banks
when The Trump Organization's chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg, White
House counsel Don McGahn, Rick Gates, Hope Hicks and Michael Cohen rat him
out...

...this just gets gooder and gooder!

Heh..."sniveling punk behind a keyboard"...you Trumperoonies crack me
up!...especially the "sniveling" part!!...I thought people stopped using that
word.

Question for ya...will Trump wait for impeachment or just fuckin' resign?

go Raiders/9ners
Miloch
2018-08-26 05:23:38 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>You couldn't get it up for a woman.
>>

>> Ah....you finally showed up...I guess ya finished a little early today
>> from picking the dingle-berries out of Trump's butt-hair.
>>
>> ...just make sure ya get paid in full...he's deadbeat with a long
>> string of unpaid bills...or didja volunteer to do it for free?
>>

>He's rich and your president, and you are a sniveling punk behind a
>keyboard...sooo......

...from
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/opinions/trumps-hideous-legal-landscape-just-got-worse-opinion-jackson/index.html

...Pecker now may share anything's he knows about these payments with federal
authorities without fear or threat or prosecution.

If the Trump Organization investigation or Weisselberg's immunity deal -- end up
implicating Trump, it would no longer be politically tenable for Republicans in
Congress to protect this President. Imagine then, if the Pecker immunity deal
also bears fruit. Then, Republicans would virtually be compelled to act,
particularly in an election year.

And if the Democrats take control of the House during the midterms, thereby
earning a majority of votes, they would potentially be in a position to impeach
him. That would then kick the case over to the Senate for a trial. And while
getting 67 senators to vote to remove Trump would be a heavy (some say
impossible) lift, the President's own conduct (past, present and future) could
tip the scale significantly.

Given the legal landscape Trump finds himself in these days, the question may
not be "if" the President will be impeached or leave office under some other
circumstances. Instead, the question may be "when." Trump's day of reckoning may
well be close at hand.

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 13:50:23 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

no crime commited...moving on now
Miloch
2018-08-26 14:30:54 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>> And if the Democrats take control of the House during the midterms,
>> thereby earning a majority of votes, they would potentially be in a
>> position to impeach him. That would then kick the case over to the
>> Senate for a trial. And while getting 67 senators to vote to remove
>> Trump would be a heavy (some say impossible) lift, the President's own
>> conduct (past, present and future) could tip the scale significantly.
>>
>> Given the legal landscape Trump finds himself in these days, the
>> question may not be "if" the President will be impeached or leave
>> office under some other circumstances. Instead, the question may be
>> "when." Trump's day of reckoning may well be close at hand.
>>

>no crime commited...moving on now

There now, Tommy-Kins...that's a good ship's captain...rearrange the deck
chairs...put on a fresh uniform & go down with the good ship "Trumperoonie"

...this is just getting gooder and gooder and gooder!

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 15:10:52 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

now that i have you spinning and ,elting down, i shall cut your leash.
Miloch
2018-08-26 15:58:06 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>no crime commited...moving on now
>>
>> There now, Tommy-Kins...that's a good ship's captain...rearrange the
>> deck chairs...put on a fresh uniform & go down with the good ship
>> "Trumperoonie"
>>
>> ...this is just getting gooder and gooder and gooder!
>>

>> *
>>

>now that i have you spinning and ,elting down, i shall cut your leash.

Yo!...Tommy!!!...Burning Man starts on Monday in Nevada!...I assume you'll be
going so what do ya plan on wearing...something with pockets to hold all those
wooden matches I assume.

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 15:59:16 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

i have you in a tailspin, mission acpomplished
Miloch
2018-08-26 16:19:10 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>now that i have you spinning and ,elting down, i shall cut your leash.
>>
>> Yo!...Tommy!!!...Burning Man starts on Monday in Nevada!...I assume
>> you'll be going so what do ya plan on wearing...something with pockets
>> to hold all those wooden matches I assume.
>>

>> *
>>

>i have you in a tailspin, mission acpomplished

..two words, Tommy..."spell checker"

Learn it

Use it

Love it

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 16:26:29 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

does that bother you...it would appear so
Miloch
2018-08-26 16:57:19 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>i have you in a tailspin, mission acpomplished
>>
>> ..two words, Tommy..."spell checker"
>>
>> Learn it
>>
>> Use it
>>
>> Love it
>>

>> *
>>

>does that bother you...it would appear so

I'm always bothered by someone's stupidity...but you seem to be comfortable with
it. Prolly why you identify with Trump.

It's a Sunday, Tommy-kins...try to relax, turn on the TV and maybe watch some
baseball...it'll give you and the missus a chance to relax and finish off that
open warm bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 17:17:59 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

see what i made you do
Miloch
2018-08-26 18:19:26 UTC
In article <***@85.214.115.223>, Tommy says...

>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>> Tommy says...
>>>
>>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>>does that bother you...it would appear so
>>
>> I'm always bothered by someone's stupidity...but you seem to be
>> comfortable with it. Prolly why you identify with Trump.
>>
>> It's a Sunday, Tommy-kins...try to relax, turn on the TV and maybe
>> watch some baseball...it'll give you and the missus a chance to relax
>> and finish off that open warm bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon
>>

>> *
>>

>see what i made you do

Don't try to take credit for someone else's effort, TrumpBoy...it's so "Donald"
of you...what you do is provide opportunity and reason...oh look...according to
TV Guide, you can watch reruns of "Cops" on WGNA all day!!

*
Tommy
2018-08-26 18:23:34 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in

> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
> Tommy says...
>>
>>Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In article <***@85.214.115.223>,
>>> Tommy says...

>>> I'm always bothered by someone's stupidity...but you seem to be
>>> comfortable with it. Prolly why you identify with Trump.
>>>
>>> It's a Sunday, Tommy-kins...try to relax, turn on the TV and maybe
>>> watch some baseball...it'll give you and the missus a chance to
>>> relax and finish off that open warm bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon
>>>

>>> *
>>>

>>see what i made you do
>
> Don't try to take credit for someone else's effort, TrumpBoy...it's so
> "Donald" of you...what you do is provide opportunity and reason...oh
> look...according to TV Guide, you can watch reruns of "Cops" on WGNA
> all day!!
>

> *

you have donald on the brain cupcake, do you dream of him too