Ashley Judd Is Suing Harvey Weinstein for Harming Her Career
2018-05-01 01:16:36 UTC
https://jezebel.com/ashley-judd-is-suing-harvey-weinstein-for-harming-her-c-1825669211

Ashley Judd has filed a lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, saying he damaged her
career by spreading lies about her after she refused his advances. As she told
ABC:

“I lost career opportunity. I lost money. I lost status and prestige and power
in my career as a direct result of having been sexually harassed and rebuffing
the sexual harassment. My career opportunities, after having been defamed by
Harvey Weinstein, were significantly diminished...My career was damaged because
I rebuffed Mr. Weinstein’s sexual advances. I know it for a fact.”

The suit specifically points to an incident involving Peter Jackson’s Lord of
the Rings films, in which Judd was originally slated to have a major part.
Weinstein, however, “torpedoed Ms. Judd’s incredible professional opportunity,”
the complaint said, by falsely telling Jackson that Judd was a “nightmare” who
should be avoided “at all costs.”

Judd said that if she wins, she’ll donate all monetary damages to the Time’s Up
Legal Defense Fund.

more at
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ashley-judd-sues-harvey-weinstein-career-damaged-rebuffed/story?id=54836170

2018-05-01 19:34:20 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
<***@newsguy.com> wrote:

> https://jezebel.com/ashley-judd-is-suing-harvey-weinstein-for-harming-
> her-c-1825669211
>
> Ashley Judd has filed a lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, saying he damaged
> her career by spreading lies about her after she refused his advances. As she
> told ABC:
>
> "I lost career opportunity. I lost money. I lost status and prestige and power
> in my career as a direct result of having been sexually harassed and rebuffing
> the sexual harassment. My career opportunities, after having been defamed by
> Harvey Weinstein, were significantly diminished...My career was damaged
> because I rebuffed Mr. Weinstein's sexual advances. I know it for a fact."
>
> The suit specifically points to an incident involving Peter Jackson's Lord of
> the Rings films, in which Judd was originally slated to have a major part.
> Weinstein, however, "torpedoed Ms. Judd's incredible professional opportunity,"
> the complaint said, by falsely telling Jackson that Judd was a "nightmare" who
> should be avoided "at all costs."
>
> Judd said that if she wins, shell donate all monetary damages to the Time's Up
> Legal Defense Fund.

I saw a story about this on TV and they showed some recent close-ups of
Judd's face, man is she fading faster than Gloria Swanson in Sunset
Boulevard.

Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
moviePig
2018-05-01 19:56:03 UTC
On 5/1/2018 3:34 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>, Miloch
> <***@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> https://jezebel.com/ashley-judd-is-suing-harvey-weinstein-for-harming-
>> her-c-1825669211
>>
>> Ashley Judd has filed a lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, saying he damaged
>> her career by spreading lies about her after she refused his advances. As she
>> told ABC:
>>
>> "I lost career opportunity. I lost money. I lost status and prestige and power
>> in my career as a direct result of having been sexually harassed and rebuffing
>> the sexual harassment. My career opportunities, after having been defamed by
>> Harvey Weinstein, were significantly diminished...My career was damaged
>> because I rebuffed Mr. Weinstein's sexual advances. I know it for a fact."
>>
>> The suit specifically points to an incident involving Peter Jackson's Lord of
>> the Rings films, in which Judd was originally slated to have a major part.
>> Weinstein, however, "torpedoed Ms. Judd's incredible professional opportunity,"
>> the complaint said, by falsely telling Jackson that Judd was a "nightmare" who
>> should be avoided "at all costs."
>>
>> Judd said that if she wins, shell donate all monetary damages to the Time's Up
>> Legal Defense Fund.
>
> I saw a story about this on TV and they showed some recent close-ups of
> Judd's face, man is she fading faster than Gloria Swanson in Sunset
> Boulevard.
>
> Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
> of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.

I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
super70s
2018-05-02 14:02:31 UTC
In article <nD3GC.31462$***@fx06.iad>,
moviePig <***@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 5/1/2018 3:34 PM, super70s wrote:
> > Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
> > of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
>
> I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
> it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
> project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.

The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
shocking scenes alone.

Friedkin is out with some middling new documentary about a real life
exorcism (or at least an attempted one).
trotsky
2018-05-03 13:03:41 UTC
On 5/2/18 9:02 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <nD3GC.31462$***@fx06.iad>,
> moviePig <***@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/1/2018 3:34 PM, super70s wrote:
>>> Anyway after making what I consider one of the worst two or three movies
>>> of all time (Bug), I really don't care about her movie career.
>>
>> I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either. But she didn't make
>> it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
>> project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
>
> The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
> a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
> shocking scenes alone.

Psychological horror is a very slippery slope. It's hard to depict it
without making it a turn off, and although I don't think "Bug" was bad
it certainly was hard to watch at times.
moviePig
2018-05-03 13:16:32 UTC
On 5/3/2018 9:03 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 5/2/18 9:02 AM, super70s wrote:
>> In article <nD3GC.31462$***@fx06.iad>,
>>   moviePig <***@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> I don't often (i.e., ever) recommend BUG, either.  But she didn't make
>>> it, William Friedkin and Tracy Letts did -- and that's a
>>> project-pedigree any actor would've killed (or died) for.
>>
>> The concept of Bug had potential as I remember but they decided to go in
>> a pure gross out direction. The Exorcist is not scary just for the
>> shocking scenes alone.
>

> Psychological horror is a very slippery slope.  It's hard to depict it
> without making it a turn off, and although I don't think "Bug" was bad
> it certainly was hard to watch at times.

And never in a fun way. To be scared, you have to join the psychosis...

--

YOUR taste at work...