Someone Launched a GoFundMe Campaign to Pay for Charles Manson's Funeral
2017-11-23 22:15:34 UTC
https://jezebel.com/someone-launched-a-gofundme-campaign-to-pay-for-charles-1820710061

The body of notorious cult leader Charles Manson, who died earlier this week at
age 83, is currently languishing at the Kern County Coroner’s office in
California, and if his next-of-kin doesn’t show up to claim it in the next week,
its fate is up to prison officials. His grandson says he doesn’t have the cash
to come get the body, though, so his friend set up a GoFundMe for him.
Unfortunately, it looks like GoFundMe’s pulled the campaign, and Manson’s body
is still, probably, in a freezer.

TMZ first spotted the GoFundMe campaign this morning, noting it had already
racked up $949 to help pay for Manson’s funeral expenses. But by the afternoon,
the campaign had disappeared. Manson grandson Jason Freeman, 41, told the NY
Daily News he’s not sure why the campaign was pulled, or how he’ll get to
California to claim Manson’s body. “This is a circus. I’m letting a couple of my
friends assist and help out,” he said, adding, “I’m trying to stay out of it.”

Freeman said he started speaking with Manson, who infamously led his cult
members to murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six others in the summer of
1969, about eight years ago. The two never met in person, Freeman said, but he
did reach a place of “forgiveness” with his grandfather. “Most people in the
world wouldn’t understand. They wouldn’t get what I’m saying. We all look at
anybody and everybody who kills as a killer. But all I have is my love,” he
said.

The Los Angeles Times reported this week that Freeman has until November 29 to
claim Manson’s body. If he fails to do so, prison officials will decide whether
to cremate or bury Manson, and after a year they can auction off his belongings.
Per the NY Daily News, the Kern County Coroner’s office usually deposits
unclaimed remains at Union Cemetery, where they are cremated and interred in a
group vault.

The now-shuttered GoFundMe campaign sought to prevent that. “We will not sit
back & let them throw Mr. Manson away like trash,” the campaign’s site read, per
Vibe. “His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed. We must not
let this happen in death. Together we can help Jason bring his grandfather home
& prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL BE CLAIMED!”

2017-11-26 18:20:27 UTC
"His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed. We must
not let this happen in death. Together we can help Jason bring his
grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL
BE CLAIMED!"
Am I wrong or did I read a while back one of those lunatic celebrity
groupies marry Manson in prison, what happened to her? Gone underground
all of a sudden when paying for a funeral comes up?
Miloch
2017-11-26 20:59:30 UTC
In article <super70s-***@srv3.v.de.weretis.net>, super70s
says...
Post by super70s
"His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed. We must
not let this happen in death. Together we can help Jason bring his
grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL
BE CLAIMED!"
Am I wrong or did I read a while back one of those lunatic celebrity
groupies marry Manson in prison, what happened to her? Gone underground
all of a sudden when paying for a funeral comes up?
Apparently he was the 'catch' that got away!

Charles Manson never said ‘I do’ but his female friend had designs on him

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article185726648.html#storylink=cpy

One of the oddest stories from the life of Charles Manson at Corcoran State
Prison involves the marriage that never happened.

Manson died at 8:13 p.m. Sunday at a Kern County hospital. He was 83. He’d been
incarcerated at Corcoran since 1989, shortly after the Kings County prison
opened.

Manson was a cult leader who ordered his followers to commit murder, according
to “Helter Skelter,” the book by Los Angeles prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi, who
convicted him of seven counts of first-degree murder.

But a report that the world’s most notorious murderer might get married behind
bars to a woman 53 years his junior launched a frenzy.

The story broke three years ago after a marriage license was issued on Nov. 7,
2014 by the Kings County Clerk-Recorder’s Office in the names of Manson and
Afton Elaine Burton, then 26.

According to news stories, Burton grew up in a small town in Illinois and moved
to Corcoran to be near Manson. She lived at an apartment complex in Corcoran and
still does, according to public records.

The Associated Press reported that she maintained several websites advocating
Manson’s innocence. Those claims are apparently based on the fact that Manson
was not present at the Tate-LaBianca murders in 1969 that terrorized Los Angeles
and claimed the lives of Abigail Ann Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, Steven Parent,
Sharon Tate Polanski, who was eight months pregnant, Jay Sebring, and Leno and
Rosemary La Bianca.

The Associated Press interviewed Burton, who goes by the name “Star,” about her
possible marriage to Manson.

“Y’all can know that it’s true,” she said. “It’s going to happen. ... I love
him. I’m with him. There’s all kinds of things.”

A year earlier, she had told Rolling Stone magazine she and Manson planned to
marry, although Manson himself reportedly said “that’s a bunch of garbage.”

2017-11-29 03:10:24 UTC
super70s says...
Post by super70s
"His whole life he lived with the pain of feeling unclaimed. We must
not let this happen in death. Together we can help Jason bring his
grandfather home & prove to the world Charles WAS LOVED & WILL
BE CLAIMED!"
Am I wrong or did I read a while back one of those lunatic celebrity
groupies marry Manson in prison, what happened to her? Gone
underground all of a sudden when paying for a funeral comes up?
Apparently he was the 'catch' that got away!
Charles Manson never said ŒI do‚ but his female friend had designs on him
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article185726648.html#storylink=cpy
One of the oddest stories from the life of Charles Manson at Corcoran State
Prison involves the marriage that never happened.
Manson died at 8:13 p.m. Sunday at a Kern County hospital. He was 83. He‚d
been incarcerated at Corcoran since 1989, shortly after the Kings County
prison pened.
Manson was a cult leader who ordered his followers to commit murder,
according to „Helter Skelter,‰ the book by Los Angeles prosecutor Vincent
Bugliosi, who convicted him of seven counts of first-degree murder.
But a report that the world‚s most notorious murderer might get married
behind bars to a woman 53 years his junior launched a frenzy.
The story broke three years ago after a marriage license was issued on Nov.
7, 2014 by the Kings County Clerk-Recorder‚s Office in the names of Manson
and Afton Elaine Burton, then 26.
According to news stories, Burton grew up in a small town in Illinois and
moved o Corcoran to be near Manson. She lived at an apartment complex in
Corcoran and still does, according to public records.
The Associated Press reported that she maintained several websites advocating
Manson‚s innocence. Those claims are apparently based on the fact that Manson
was not present at the Tate-LaBianca murders in 1969 that terrorized Los
Angeles and claimed the lives of Abigail Ann Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, Steven
Parent, Sharon Tate Polanski, who was eight months pregnant, Jay Sebring, and
Leno and Rosemary La Bianca.
The Associated Press interviewed Burton, who goes by the name „Star,‰ about
her possible marriage to Manson.
„Y‚all can know that it‚s true,‰ she said. „It‚s going to happen. ... I love
him. I‚m with him. There‚s all kinds of things.‰
A year earlier, she had told Rolling Stone magazine she and Manson planned to
marry, although Manson himself reportedly said „that‚s a bunch of garbage.‰
*
Yeah the Rolling Stone article was where I read about her, thanks for
taking the time to post that.