Donald Trump Called Roseanne Barr
2018-03-29 16:57:30 UTC
https://jezebel.com/donald-trump-called-roseanne-barr-to-congratulate-her-o-1824173355

After learning that the premiere of ABC’s Roseanne revival drew 18.2 million
viewers, and that its protagonist was a loud and proud supporter of our current
president, Donald Trump picked up the phone and gave the show’s creator and
star, Roseanne Barr, a ring.

White House press secretary Sarah H. Sanders tells The New York Times that Trump
“called Ms. Barr to congratulate her on the revival of her comedy... and to
thank her for her support.”

Earlier this week, Barr and the Times had this exchange, which Trump presumably
read and appreciated:

NYT: Considering that Trump opposes many of the principles that you and Roseanne
Conner have stood for, how can you support him?

BARR: No, he doesn’t, I don’t think he does. I don’t think so at all. I think he
voices them quite well.

NYT: I’m thinking of abortion rights, same-sex marriage rights, labor
protections —

BARR: He doesn’t oppose same-sex marriage.

NYT: He doesn’t favor it. He has not come out in favor of it.

BARR: He does. Yes, he does. He has said it several times, you know, that he’s
not homophobic at all.

NYT: What about labor union protections and blue collar workers, and

BARR: What do you mean, the — oh, let’s not get into this.

[A representative for Ms. Barr interjected: “You don’t have to get into it. We
can move on.”]

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/28/us/politics/trump-roseanne-barr-ratings.html

*
Skeeter
2018-03-29 17:55:51 UTC
[...]
All that foam and no point made.
MAUKGA
Miloch
2018-03-29 20:58:46 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Miloch
[...]
Tell me about it!...sorta like being stuck in an elevator with Bolton and
Speaker Ryan while being forced to listen to the pablum coming out of their
mouths.

...you know...a lot of 'yup'...'uh huh'...'lemme think about it'...'can ya talk
to 'im about it when he finishes watching Fox News?'