D.C. Residents Trying to Revoke Trump Hotel's Liquor License Over Donald Trump's 'Amorality'
2018-09-12 16:03:15 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/d-c-residents-trying-to-revoke-trump-hotels-liquor-lic-1828994063

A group of Washington D.C. residents are trying to revoke the Trump
International Hotel’s liquor license, which would mean that Trump’s cronies
could no longer imbibe adult beverages or drunkenly pal around with their racist
friends at the venue. It’s so stupid and petty and I love it.

Politico reports that a group of residents have filed a complaint with the
Alcohol Beverage Control Board, claiming that the Trump International Hotel
owner, Donald Trump, fails the “good character” test required of those who sell
alcohol.

Politico reports:

"In their grievance to the city’s Alcohol Beverage Control Board, the group
presented a litany of what they say are Trump’s moral failures, calling him a
liar, a fraudster and a racist who associates with criminals.

“Mr. Trump adds to the evidence of his lack of ‘good character’ daily,” the
complaint reads. “A senior member of the current administration made a stunning
admission about Mr. Trump that stands at the heart of the complaint submitted to
the board: ‘the root of the problem is his amorality.’”

While it’s an unusual reason to file a complaint, they’re... not wrong!

“The merits of the complaint are strong,” says Joshua Levy, the lawyer who
represents the residents. “The evidence of Mr. Trump’s bad character is strong.”

Neither the Trump Organization’s lawyer nor the spokesperson for the hotel’s
lobby lounge responded to Politico’s request for comment. The board will
consider the complaint Wednesday night.

2018-09-13 00:45:35 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>,
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote:

> https://theslot.jezebel.com/d-c-residents-trying-to-revoke-trump-hotels-
> liquor-lic-1828994063
>
> A group of Washington D.C. residents are trying to revoke the Trump
> International Hotel's liquor license, which would mean that Trump's cronies
> could no longer imbibe adult beverages or drunkenly pal around with their
> racist friends at the venue. It's so stupid and petty and I love it.
>
> Politico reports that a group of residents have filed a complaint with the
> Alcohol Beverage Control Board, claiming that the Trump International Hotel
> owner, Donald Trump, fails the good character test required of those who
> sell alcohol.
>
> Politico reports:
>
> "In their grievance to the citys Alcohol Beverage Control Board, the group
> presented a litany of what they say are Trump's moral failures, calling him a
> liar, a fraudster and a racist who associates with criminals."
>
> "Mr. Trump adds to the evidence of his lack of good character daily," the
> complaint reads. A senior member of the current administration made a
> stunning admission about Mr. Trump that stands at the heart of the complaint
> submitted to the board: the root of the problem is his amorality.
>
> While it's an unusual reason to file a complaint, they're... not wrong!
>
> The merits of the complaint are strong, says Joshua Levy, the lawyer who
> represents the residents. The evidence of Mr. Trump's bad character is
> strong.
>
> Neither the Trump Organizations lawyer nor the spokesperson for the hotels
> lobby lounge responded to Politico's request for comment. The board will
> consider the complaint Wednesday night.

That's hitting rock bottom. He can call several characer witnesses on
his behalf though -- Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, George
Papadopoulos...