White House Reportedly Has to Take Extreme Measures to Help Our Reading-Challenged President
2018-06-08 17:22:23 UTC
https://splinternews.com/white-house-reportedly-has-to-take-extreme-measures-to-1826666690

The manner in which Donald Trump consumes all the extremely important and
confidential information he needs to know has been the subject of much
controversy and ridicule. Because Trump appears to have the reading
comprehension level of a milk cap, his daily briefings largely rely on oral
presentations, “lots of graphics,” and probably Apprentice episodes dubbed over
with crucial intelligence for the day.

Enter: “The Book.”

According to Axios, “The Book” is the briefing binder aides have compiled that
features all the information they’re trying to cram in to the president’s head
in the most efficient way possible. Only, it’s not really a book:

"With President Trump, “The Book” is sometime a notebook, sometimes a stack of
papers with a big clip, and sometimes a stack of folders.

Trump “may flip” through this book during “Executive Time,” which is what they
call the Fox & Friends-to-Trump’s-Twitter human centipede conveyor belt every
morning. While The Book does contain his schedules, events, and information on
policy, it also contains news clippings meant to counteract all the bad press he
gets on television—that is, the news reporting on the things he does—to “grab
his attention.” It “can even include screen grabs of cable news chyrons,” Axios
says. Sigh.

Apparently Trump straight-up ignored former national security advisor H. R.
McMaster, who attempted to give the president briefings with a text-heavy Power
Point:

"“He used complete sentences!” said one person who saw the briefings, and knows
better about how Trump likes his information.

Trump demands his briefings be so concise and heavily edited that according to
one source, the bullet points are “basically slogans.”

Nothing to see here! Just the president continuing to lack the mental capacity
to play a round of Go Fish, let alone lead the country.

*
Travoltron
2018-06-09 16:36:27 UTC
I got a notification that NASA has discovered the building blocks of
life on Mars. I turned on cable news and they were talking about... Trump.
Hillary lost. Move on.
Miloch
2018-06-09 16:51:33 UTC
Post by Travoltron
I got a notification that NASA has discovered the building blocks of
life on Mars. I turned on cable news and they were talking about... Trump.
Hillary lost. Move on.
Wait 'til he finds out there are two Koreas...

*
Rudy Canoza
2018-06-09 16:51:47 UTC
Post by Travoltron
I got a notification that NASA has discovered the building blocks of
life on Mars. I turned on cable news and they were talking about... Trump.
Trump is more newsworthy. They probably covered the Mars news, but you
missed it.
Travoltron
2018-06-09 17:17:45 UTC
Trump is more newsworthy.  They probably covered the Mars news, but you
missed it.
Switched to the cable news the minute the story broke. Checked both Bash
Trump channels and the Trump cheerleader network. Nothing.
Trump = ratings/clicks, so the media never shuts up about him.