Megyn Kelly may be eyeing Matt Lauer's "Today" show gig
2017-12-01 17:55:01 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2017/11/30/megyn-kelly-may-be-eyeing-matt-lauers-today-show-gig/

Multiple sources tell Page Six that Megyn Kelly is now gunning for Matt Lauer’s
job with the top “Today” host out.

Kelly, who hosts the 9 a.m. hour of NBC’s “Today,” also offered herself as a
role model for younger female staffers at NBC News who may be weighing
sexual-harassment claims.

After discussing her own experiences with reporting misconduct at Fox News
during the Business Insider Ignition conference on Wednesday, Kelly told the
crowd: “Let me tell you, if a woman came to me at NBC News and said this has
happened to me . . . A.) I would advise her on what to do and B.) I
would work it behind the scenes, even if I had to go into the boss’ office and
say, ‘Here’s a name, go investigate, you have to do some sort of looking. I’m
not going to tell you who reported it. I don’t have to.’”

Kelly said: “I think powerful women need to be there for less powerful women so
they can grow into powerful women, so they’re not scared out of the workforce or
effectively shoved out.”

An insider insisted that Kelly does not want Lauer’s role.

Speakers at the conference included Richard Plepler, David Zaslav, Jeff Zucker,
Jodi Kantor and Janice Min.

2017-12-01 19:13:36 UTC
[...]
And one would think NBC wouldn't be stupid enough to offer it to her but
you never know.
Obveeus
2017-12-01 20:44:06 UTC
[...]
Given the poor reception viewers gave her in the ratings, I can't see
why NBC would consider her for the job.