All Hail the Hero Who Set Betsy DeVos' Big Stupid Yacht Adrift
2018-07-26 15:16:23 UTC
https://splinternews.com/all-hail-the-hero-who-set-betsy-devos-big-stupid-yacht-1827890509

It’s already been a very good week for petty vandalism against the Trump
administration, but a new Hall of Fame contender has just entered the scene.

Over the weekend, a $40 million yacht owned by the family of U.S. Secretary of
Education Betsy DeVos was reportedly untied and set adrift from a marina in
Huron, OH.

According to a report from the Toledo Blade, the captain of the 163-foot boat,
called “The Seaquest” (wow, real creative name), called the Huron Police
Department at around 6 a.m. Sunday morning after he and the crew realized the
vessel had been set free to roam the friendly freshwater seas.

Look at this big dumb boat:

https://twitter.com/toledonews/status/1022451509685116929/photo/1

Unfortunately, the Seaquest was eventually apprehended, but it did suffer some
battle scars along the way: the big boy slammed into a dock, causing somewhere
between $5,000 to $10,000 worth of damage in the form of scrapes and scratches,
the Blade wrote. Poor baby.

Police are looking for surveillance video to identify the hero responsible for
the sick prank.

The Seaquest can reportedly accommodate 12 guests and 12 crew members—enough
space for the entire Trump cabinet if Nikki Haley, Ryan Zinke, and Mike Pompeo
are willing to make it a working vacay!!!!—and is one of 10 boats owned by the
DeVos family. Remember how earlier this year, Betsy DeVos tried to cut Education
Department funding by $3.6 billion??? Ha ha ha ha ha.

*
Clave
2018-07-26 16:27:53 UTC
On 7/26/2018 8:16 AM, Miloch wrote:
> https://splinternews.com/all-hail-the-hero-who-set-betsy-devos-big-stupid-yacht-1827890509
>
> It’s already been a very good week for petty vandalism against the Trump
> administration, but a new Hall of Fame contender has just entered the scene.
>
> Over the weekend, a $40 million yacht owned by the family of U.S. Secretary of
> Education Betsy DeVos was reportedly untied and set adrift from a marina in
> Huron, OH.

Not funny, not admirable.

--
"In the dull-knife analogy, he's a spoon."
- whoyakidding, speaking of the congenital liar and chiseler, Mark Wieber
Miloch
2018-07-26 19:43:22 UTC
In article <eEm6D.221340$***@fx22.iad>, Clave says...

>On 7/26/2018 8:16 AM, Miloch wrote:
>>https://splinternews.com/all-hail-the-hero-who-set-betsy-devos-big-stupid-yacht-1827890509
>>
>> It’s already been a very good week for petty vandalism against the Trump
>> administration, but a new Hall of Fame contender has just entered the scene.
>>
>>Over the weekend, a $40 million yacht owned by the family of U.S. Secretary of
>> Education Betsy DeVos was reportedly untied and set adrift from a marina in
>> Huron, OH.
>
>Not funny, not admirable.

You know what's REALLY "Not funny, 'Not admirable."?...

Betsy DeVos's Attack On Public Education Is Just Beginning ...

https://ourfuture.org/20171011/betsy-devoss-attack-on-public-education-is-just-beginning

The Devos Family Has 10 Goddamn Yachts????

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/betsy-devos-40-million-family-yacht-untied-causing-10000-in-damages/

The damage is estimated at $5,000 to $10,000, according to The Blade.

Officers are searching for surveillance video of the incident, the newspaper
reports. It's unclear why the boat was docked in Huron, the Blade notes, but
DeVos visited Ohio earlier this month to tour a career center and a correctional
treatment program.

The SeaQuest is one of at least 10 boats owned by the DeVos family, according to
a Wall Street Journal analysis of the family's wealth. It can accommodate 12
guests and 12 crew members, according to the SuperYachtFan website.

The DeVos clan also owns at least four planes and two helicopters, the Journal
reports.

Among those serving on President Trump's Cabinet, DeVos is the richest: she grew
up wealthy and married even wealthier. She disclosed her family's wealth – more
than $580 million across her assets, according to the Journal's analysis – when
she was tapped for the education secretary post in 2016.

*
Byker
2018-07-26 21:32:52 UTC

All the more power to her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8w9PcA-ig
o***@wowway.com
2018-07-27 22:15:18 UTC
On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 5:33:00 PM UTC-4, Byker wrote:
> "Miloch" wrote in message news:***@drn.newsguy.com...
> >
> > Betsy DeVos's Attack On Public Education Is Just Beginning ...
>
> All the more power to her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8w9PcA-ig

PragerU is hardly a non-partisan point of view. Having recently retired after 32 years with a public school district, one thing I learned was that educational statistics can be twisted 180 degrees to match whatever point you want to make.
PragerU was founded in 2009 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Prager and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin, in order to present his conservative views and to offset what he regards as the undermining of college education by the left. PragerU is based in the San Fernando Valley and had more than 20 employees as of March 2018. It is not any type of university or educational institution in the traditional sense.
Two of PragerU's largest donors are the hydraulic fracturing billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks. Two members of the Wilks family are on PragerU's board. The organization has a $10 million annual budget, of which it spends more than 40% on marketing.
PragerU releases one video per week on various topics from a conservative viewpoint. Each video costs between $25,000 and $30,000 to create.
Videos on PragerU have defended capitalism, argued against a $15 minimum wage, argued that gun ownership is a right, and argued that the media cannot be trusted. In one video, a presenter argues that "racism, bigotry, xenophobia, homophobia, and Islamophobia" are "meaningless buzzwords".
Videos on PragerU defend the electoral college, arguing that "pure democracies do not work" and that the electoral college thwarts voter fraud. PragerU videos reject the scientific consensus on climate change. Videos argue that police do not discriminate against African-Americans and that the gender pay gap does not exist.
Miloch
2018-07-28 05:00:11 UTC
In article <1278dc52-566b-4798-bceb-***@googlegroups.com>,
***@wowway.com says...

>On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 5:33:00 PM UTC-4, Byker wrote:
>> "Miloch" wrote in message news:***@drn.newsguy.com...=20
>> >
>> > Betsy DeVos's Attack On Public Education Is Just Beginning ...
>>=20
>> All the more power to her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPnQu8iRiVYU
>>=20
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmG8w9PcA-ig
>
>PragerU is hardly a non-partisan point of view. Having recently retired aft=
>er 32 years with a public school district, one thing I learned was that edu=
>cational statistics can be twisted 180 degrees to match whatever point you =
>want to make.=20
>PragerU was founded in 2009 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Pra=
>ger and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin, in order to present h=
>is conservative views and to offset what he regards as the undermining of c=
>ollege education by the left. PragerU is based in the San Fernando Valley a=
>nd had more than 20 employees as of March 2018. It is not any type of unive=
>rsity or educational institution in the traditional sense. =20
>Two of PragerU's largest donors are the hydraulic fracturing billionaires D=
>an and Farris Wilks. Two members of the Wilks family are on PragerU's board=
>. The organization has a $10 million annual budget, of which it spends more=

...so...basically it's not an accredited school of higher education...just two
nutballs with a dream?

...that about sum it up?