Trump: It's a conspiracy I tells ya!...a CONSPIRACY!!
2018-05-23 21:16:40 UTC
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/under-pressure-trump-embraces-new-conspiracy-theory-gives-it-name

The only thing Donald Trump loves more than conspiracy theories is conspiracy
theories in which he gets to pretend he’s a victim. For this president, wildly
connecting imaginary dots is satisfying, but doing so while feeling sorry for
himself is sublime.

As the investigation into the Russia scandal has unfolded, the president has
tried to come up with various theories apparently intended to make himself feel
better. Obama, we were told, wiretapped the phones at Trump Tower. And nefarious
forces were out to get poor Carter Page. And Susan Rice was secretly committing
crimes against him. And assorted FBI officials may have committed “treason.”
[Update: Simon Maloy put together a longer and better list on this.]

The assorted nonsense came and went, which in Trump’s mind, simply created a
vacuum. Indeed, it recently became time to craft a new conspiracy theory that
the president could play with, and he apparently decided to go for broke:
federal law enforcement, he claimed without evidence, “infiltrated” his 2016
campaign, “implanting” a “spy” in his operation “for political purposes.”

Sitting alongside the president of South Korea in the Oval Office yesterday,
Trump argued:

“A lot of people are saying [the Justice Department] had spies in my campaign.
If they had spies in my campaign, that would be a disgrace to this country. That
would be one of the biggest insults that anyone has ever seen, and it would be
very illegal, aside from everything else. It would make, probably, every
political event ever look like small potatoes.”

2018-05-24 03:06:11 UTC
The only thing Donald Trump loves more than conspiracy theories is conspiracy
theories in which he gets to pretend he’s a victim. For this president, wildly
connecting imaginary dots is satisfying, but doing so while feeling sorry for
himself is sublime.
Does this count as paranoid ideation yet?