Charlie Rose Reportedly Getting New Show Where He Interviews Men Who Faced Consequences for Their Actions
2018-04-26 14:35:38 UTC
https://jezebel.com/charlie-rose-reportedly-getting-a-new-show-where-he-int-1825554838

There’s nothing I would like less than to watch a bunch of men who for a brief
glittery moment have suffered some version of consequences for their actions all
get together on TV and put their bemused, bruised egos to the task of
interpreting current events once more. And yet, here we are.

On Wednesday, iconic editor and writer Tina Brown confirmed to Page Six that she
was recently approached to work as a producer on a “#MeToo atonement series” in
which disgraced former talk show host Charlie Rose would be cast as star
interviewer. His subjects, Brown attested, will be other men who had to publicly
reckon with their past patterns of abusing and harassing women, or as Page Six
put it, “others embroiled in sexual harassment scandals.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/25/tina-brown-wants-no-part-of-charlie-roses-metoo-redemption-series/

A source told Page Six, “Tina said she’d just been e-mailed about co-hosting a
new show with Charlie Rose, in which they’d interview Louis C.K., Matt Lauer”
and others, lest any opportunity for a man to profit off the public spotlight
slip away.

It comes as no surprising that Brown turned down this offer, reportedly
remarking “These guys are already planning their comebacks!”

In November, PBS cancelled the long-running Charlie Rose show after The
Washington Post reported the accounts of eight women who said that Rose had
sexually harassed them, which included, in some cases, unwanted touching. Rose
apologized, but for what it’s not clear, since he denied all the harassment
allegations against him, admitting only to being “insensitive at times.”

Recently, Rose has reportedly been hanging out with Sean Penn and Woody Allen,
neither of whom is a fan of the #MeToo movement.

I can only hope that all the major networks and TV platforms express supreme
disinterest in this redemption tour idea!

*
Travoltron
2018-04-26 14:47:39 UTC
Recently, Rose has reportedly been hanging out with Sean Penn and Woody Allen,
neither of whom is a fan of the #MeToo movement.
I'm not surprised. I AM surprised no one has #MeTooed Penn yet.

Not surprised about Rose getting work again. Tavis Smiley did too. As
long a celeb still has name recognition, they'll get work. If Cosby
wasn't on death's door, he'd be getting a new comedy special deal the
minute the trial ends.
super70s
2018-04-26 14:57:19 UTC
[...]
Leah Remini would probably go for it, she has her own drama queen
cottage industry going.