Barack and Michelle Obama Have Signed a Multiyear Production Deal With Netflix, Hopefully Ending Our Withdrawal Symptoms
2018-05-21 21:21:44 UTC
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/barack-and-michelle-obama-have-signed-a-multiyear-produ-1826200653#spbg4pc71

If you have missed getting your fill of common sense and decency since the only
first couple that matters left the White House in January 2017, your waiting may
soon be over.

On Monday, former President Barack Obama officially announced a multiyear
production deal with Netflix, in which he and former first lady Michelle Obama
will be tasked with producing shows and films for the streaming giant.

According to the New York Times, the deal will essentially give the Obamas an
international platform, allowing the couple to reach millions of people across
the globe post-presidency. As such, the couple has launched Higher Ground
Productions, which will produce content for Netflix.

Speaking of higher ground, ever classy, the former president has already made it
clear that he will not be using his platform as a public campaign tool against
the orange fool currently in the White House, or to fight against conservative
media outlets.

Instead, the couple is looking forward to producing “scripted series, unscripted
series, docu-series, documentaries, and features.”

“One of the simple joys of our time in public service was getting to meet so
many fascinating people from all walks of life, and to help them share their
experiences with a wider audience,” Barack Obama said in a statement, according
to the Times. “That’s why Michelle and I are so excited to partner with
Netflix—we hope to cultivate and curate the talented, inspiring, creative voices
who are able to promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples, and
help them share their stories with the entire world.”

“Barack and Michelle Obama are among the world’s most respected and highly
recognized public figures and are uniquely positioned to discover and highlight
stories of people who make a difference in their communities and strive to
change the world for the better,” Ted Sarandos, the chief content officer for
Netflix, said. “We are incredibly proud they have chosen to make Netflix the
home for their formidable storytelling abilities.”

2018-05-22 01:37:08 UTC
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/barack-and-michelle-obama-have-signed-
a-multiyear-produ-1826200653#spbg4pc71
If you have missed getting your fill of common sense and decency since the
only first couple that matters left the White House in January 2017, your
waiting may soon be over.
On Monday, former President Barack Obama officially announced a multiyear
production deal with Netflix, in which he and former first lady Michelle
Obama will be tasked with producing shows and films for the streaming giant.
According to the New York Times, the deal will essentially give the Obamas
an international platform, allowing the couple to reach millions of people
across the globe post-presidency. As such, the couple has launched Higher
Ground Productions, which will produce content for Netflix
I have a feeling Netflix is soon going to be the object of a new FCC
investigation and/or any possible mergers they're interested in won't
happen.