Buckle up, Trump's tweeting about SNL again
2018-03-02 16:43:02 UTC
https://www.avclub.com/buckle-up-trumps-tweeting-about-snl-again-1823457648

Last night appears to have been a sleepless one for the President of the United
States of America, who stayed up into the early hours of the morning diligently
working on initiatives that will improve the lives of millions of Americans in
the areas where they need it the most. Just kidding—Trump was up stewing about
Alec Baldwin’s impression of him on Saturday Night Live:

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

"Alec Baldwin, whose dying mediocre career was saved by his terrible
impersonation of me on SNL, now says playing me was agony. Alec, it was agony
for those who were forced to watch. Bring back Darrell Hammond, funnier and a
far greater talent!

3:07 AM - Mar 2, 2018

70.1K

43.1K people are talking about this

Note that time stamp; this is an edited version of Trump’s original tweet, which
misspelled both Baldwin’s name (“Alex” Baldwin) and the word “dying” (“dieing”),
as hyper-intelligent 4-D chess champions do. The barely literate tirade comes
after an interview published yesterday in The Hollywood Reporter where Baldwin
vowed to give efforts to defeat Trump in 2020 “everything [I] have” and said of
playing him on SNL: “Every time I do it now, it’s like agony. Agony. I can’t.”

It also comes amid a sharp drop in markets both overseas and on Wall Street,
where the Dow opened down 1.2 percent after Trump proposed a 25 percent tariff
on steel imports and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum. Immediately before his
Baldwin tweet, Trump tweeted that trade wars are “good, and easy to win.” We’ll
see about that. Baldwin—who announced a new late-night talk show based on his
podcast earlier this week—meanwhile, responded to Trump’s ego trip with one of
his own:

ABFoundation
✔ @ABFalecbaldwin

"Signing off for now. On my way to shoot MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN and grateful to be
working w Edward Norton, Cherry Jones, Willem Dafoe, Bruce Willis, Bobby
Canavale, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael K Williams.
If this is mediocrity, give me more.

5:45 AM - Mar 2, 2018

3,233

437 people are talking about this

For what it’s worth, Trump’s not alone in his opinion that Darrell Hammond did a
better impression of him: Why, Trump’s hated Washington Post said the same thing
last fall, in a piece detailing Hammond’s devastation at being replaced by Lorne
Michaels in the role.

2018-03-02 18:47:41 UTC
For what it's worth, Trump's not alone in his opinion that Darrell Hammond
did a better impression of him: Why, Trump's hated Washington Post said the
same thing last fall, in a piece detailing Hammond's devastation at being
replaced by Lorne Michaels in the role.
I don't care if it's Baldwin or Hammond, Trump is so repulsive to me I
don't even care to see people parody him (never as funny as the original
anyway).

Baldwin should get some good publicity for his new show from silly
goose's tweet anyway.