Miss America dropping swimsuit competition
2018-06-05 15:38:42 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/miss-america-dropping-swimsuit-competition/ar-AAyf9O8?li=BBnb7Kz

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — The Miss America Organization is dropping the swimsuit
competition from its nationally televised broadcast, saying it will no longer
judge contestants on their appearance.

Gretchen Carlson, a former Miss America who is head of the organization's board
of trustees, made the announcement Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

She also says the group will make changes to the evening wear portion of the
competition, adding it will not judge women on their chosen attire.

The changes follow an email scandal in December in which former leaders
denigrated the intelligence and personal lives of former Miss Americas.

That led to a shakeup at the top, and the group's top three leadership posts are
now held by women.

The changes will start with this year's broadcast on Sept. 9.

*
Mitchell Holman
2018-06-05 18:12:53 UTC
[...]
This will likely go the same way as Playboy's
change to a no-nudes format. Which ended after a
couple of months, IICR.........
Siri Cruise
2018-06-05 19:03:21 UTC
The changes will start with this year's broadcast on Sept. 9.
Darn, I so wanted to watch that, but I'm going to busy that day. Making popcorn,
mending clothes, something. Staring blankly at the wall?
2018-06-05 19:27:23 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Miloch
The changes will start with this year's broadcast on Sept. 9.
Darn, I so wanted to watch that, but I'm going to busy that day. Making popcorn,
mending clothes, something. Staring blankly at the wall?
I believe ABC will be having a retrospective of "Roseanne" at the same time...

2018-06-05 20:04:27 UTC
Cruise says...
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Miloch
The changes will start with this year's broadcast on Sept. 9.
Darn, I so wanted to watch that, but I'm going to busy that day. Making popcorn,
mending clothes, something. Staring blankly at the wall?
I believe ABC will be having a retrospective of "Roseanne" at the same time...
It's tough deciding which to ignore.
NoBody
And Miss America continues its journey into obscurity.
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-06-06 15:52:11 UTC
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/miss-america-dropping-swimsuit-competition/ar-AAyf9O8?li=BBnb7Kz
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — The Miss America Organization is dropping the swimsuit
competition from its nationally televised broadcast, saying it will no longer
judge contestants on their appearance.
They should have expanded it to the "centerfold" competition where they
wear a sheer nighty or a nude pose that doesn't reveal too much but one
that makes them as sexy as they can be.

Talent could be limited to reading poetry and musical and a few other
arts. And maybe have a chess competition.... HOT and SMART, like a Bond
Girl and they can take stage names like Bambi and Stormy and Ophelia
Luvv....
--
That's Karma

A homeless person can never be lost.
Byker
2018-06-06 17:14:50 UTC
I can imagine future contestants: https://tinyurl.com/y9b78jvu

https://tinyurl.com/yaejp8ta
DoD
2018-06-06 17:20:07 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/y8nmu9up
--
“Now that I’ve been free,
I know what a dreadful condition

I’ve seen black liberals go conservative,
but never seen a black conservative go
liberal.

Candace Owens