Louisiana Televangelist Seeks Donations for $54 Million Private Jet
2018-05-29 13:25:52 UTC
http://www.newsweek.com/louisiana-televangelist-seeks-donations-54-million-private-jet-946943

A Louisiana televangelist is asking followers to donate money for a $54 million
private jet that will “go anywhere in the world in one stop.”

Jesse Duplantis, 68, a Christian minister based in Destrehan, about 25 miles
east of New Orleans, made the appeal in a video posted last week on his
ministry’s website, reported the Times Picayune on Monday.

"I really believe that if the Lord Jesus Christ was physically on the Earth
today, he wouldn't be riding a donkey," Duplantis says in the video. "He'd be in
an airplane flying all over the world."

He claims his Jesse Duplantis Ministry had paid cash for three private jets and
had been "just burning them up for the Lord Jesus Christ."

The preacher has set his sights on a brand new Dassault Falcon 7X, a
three-engine jet with a range of 5,950 nautical miles.

The problem with his previous jets, Duplantis claims, is that they required
frequent fueling stops, while the $54 million spent on a Dassault Falcon 7X will
in fact prove a money-saver as it allows him to avoid paying “those exorbitant
prices with jet fuel all over the world.”

In the video, Duplantis says God told him: "I want you to believe in me for a
Falcon 7X." He tells viewers: "Pray about becoming a partner to it."

Duplantis preaches the prosperity gospel, which holds that wealth is a reward
for faith. He is not the only televangelist spending big on private jets.

In 2015 Texas televangelist Kenneth Copeland purchased a Gulfstream V jet for
$36 million.

Both defended their use of private jets in an appearance on Copeland’s
television show, arguing that commercial flights were full of "a bunch of
demons" that impeded their schedule.

go Warriors!
*
Michael Christ
2018-05-29 21:17:04 UTC
[...]
Jesus obviously came to save the rich.

First class is just not enough.

Michael Christ
Byker
2018-05-30 02:37:13 UTC
http://www.newsweek.com/louisiana-televangelist-seeks-donations-54-million-private-jet-946943
A Louisiana televangelist is asking followers to donate money for a $54 million
private jet that will “go anywhere in the world in one stop.”
Jesse Duplantis, 68, a Christian minister based in Destrehan, about 25 miles
east of New Orleans, made the appeal in a video posted last week on his
ministry’s website, reported the Times Picayune on Monday.
In 2015 Texas televangelist Kenneth Copeland purchased a Gulfstream V jet for
$36 million.
But it was politically correct for Creflo Dollar to ask for a $65 million
Gulfstream G650: https://tinyurl.com/y79y27fq

Michael Christ
2018-05-30 04:59:09 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Miloch
http://www.newsweek.com/louisiana-televangelist-seeks-donations-54-million-private-jet-946943
A Louisiana televangelist is asking followers to donate money for a $54 million
private jet that will “go anywhere in the world in one stop.”
Jesse Duplantis, 68, a Christian minister based in Destrehan, about 25 miles
east of New Orleans, made the appeal in a video posted last week on his
ministry’s website, reported the Times Picayune on Monday.
In 2015 Texas televangelist Kenneth Copeland purchased a Gulfstream V jet for
$36 million.
But it was politically correct for Creflo Dollar to ask for a $65 million
Gulfstream G650: https://tinyurl.com/y79y27fq
http://youtu.be/LHbWjTsv8zY
http://youtu.be/uGOEt1PCWio
Yes, yes, preach the gospel far and wide. I guess the opulence in that
aircraft is just an unwanted side effect.

First class?? Goodness gracious no, first class is just entry level. :-).

They have what they desire till game over, then it all goes. Well, why
not, they work hard for it, have the huge responsibility pertaining to
it, hence owned because of it, paid and paying a hefty price for it, it
is the choice they make.

Personally, not worth a dime of what they are missing out on.

Michael Christ
Siri Cruise
2018-05-30 11:27:21 UTC
Post by Michael Christ
Both defended their use of private jets in an appearance on Copeland’s
television show, arguing that commercial flights were full of "a bunch of
demons" that impeded their schedule.
Jesus obviously came to save the rich.
First class is just not enough.
~~ Hey, man, back in the old days with J.C., we used to walk
everywhere. Did you ever hear of a fat apostle?

~~ Rufus the 13th apostle
2018-05-30 14:46:10 UTC
The problem with his previous jets, Duplantis claims, is that they required
frequent fueling stops, while the $54 million spent on a Dassault Falcon 7X
will in fact prove a money-saver as it allows him to avoid paying "those
exorbitant prices with jet fuel all over the world."
Reminds me of an old American Greed episode where some guy had a strange
fetish with high priced aircraft. But he ripped off his rich clients to
buy them, not little old ladies who go to church every Sunday.
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-05-31 18:08:52 UTC
[...]
It costs even more to fly it and maintain it and park it....
--
That's Karma

A homeless person can never be lost.
Miloch
2018-05-31 18:33:58 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Miloch
[...]
Considering they're otherwise forced to sit in commercial 1st class that's full
of "a bunch of demons", they prolly decided it's money well spent...with sin
everywhere you look, one can never be too careful these days!