White House Staffers Reportedly Told a Psychiatrist Trump Was 'Unraveling'
2018-09-07 16:11:09 UTC
https://splinternews.com/white-house-staffers-reportedly-told-psychiatrist-trump-1828884897

It’s easy for casual observers to watch President Donald Trump stumble over
words, stop mid-thought to wave at passing boats, ramble about “snakes
everywhere” and to conclude to themselves that yes, this guy is definitely
losing it. That said, it’s something altogether different when the people who
work closest with the president actually ask a professional mental health expert
to step in because he’s freaking them the fuck out.

That, however, is exactly what Yale psychiatrist Bandy Lee claims has happened.

In an interview with Salon published Thursday, Lee, editor of 2017's The
Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts
Assess a President, claims that several White House staffers approached her to
address the president’s declining faculties.

She explains:

"Two White House officials actually contacted me in late October, stating that
Trump was “scaring” them, that he was “unraveling.” Not wishing to confuse the
role I chose, as an educator of the public, and a potential treatment role, I
referred them to the local emergency room without inquiring much further.

It’s worth noting that allegations of Trump’s mental instability veering into
the clinical realm have swirled around this White House since the beginning of
his presidency—so much so that this past January, the American Psychiatric
Association publicly called for an end to “armchair” evaluations of the
president. What makes Lee’s claim different is that, for the first time, we’re
hearing of actual administration figures reaching out to an actual doctor,
seemingly in the hopes of staging some sort of intervention.

And Lee isn’t just any doctor. She’s an eminently qualified physician who has
both a medical degree and a masters of divinity from Yale. According to her
faculty bio at that university, she:

"Served as Director of Research for the Center for the Study of Violence
(Harvard, U. Penn., N.Y.U., and Yale), co-founded Yale’s Violence and Health
Study Group (MacMillan Center for International Studies), and leads a project
group for the World Health Organization’s Violence Prevention Alliance.

[...]

"She has served as consultant to the World Health Organization Violence and
Injury Prevention department, UNESCO, and other United Nations bodies, and as
speaker to the World Economic Forum.

So when she says the people in a position to know best what’s actually going on
at the West Wing are having the bejeezus scared out of them by Trump’s
“unraveling” mental state, it’s probably a sign that however bad things look
from the outside, it’s even worse on the inside.

2018-09-07 17:49:27 UTC
In article <***@drn.newsguy.com>,
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote:

> And Lee isn't just any doctor. She's an eminently qualified physician who has
> both a medical degree and a masters of divinity from Yale. According to her
> faculty bio at that university, she:
>
> "Served as Director of Research for the Center for the Study of Violence
> (Harvard, U. Penn., N.Y.U., and Yale), co-founded Yale's Violence and Health
> Study Group (MacMillan Center for International Studies), and leads a project
> group for the World Health Organization's Violence Prevention Alliance.

They still called the wrong therapist, Cesar Millan could have calmed
'Mad Dog Don' down in just a few sessions.