Maggie Trudeau Busted
Add Reply
MC
2004-07-22 14:44:00 UTC
Trudeau ex faces impaired charge
By CAROLINE PHILLIPS, Ottawa Sun

THE EX-WIFE of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau has been charged
with drunk driving. Margaret Kemper, 55, was not present, nor was she
required to be, when her case was in Ottawa court for the first time
yesterday.

Ottawa police spokesman Staff Sgt. Mike Laviolette said Kemper was
charged after a vehicle heading north on the Vanier Pkwy. at McArthur
Ave. was pulled over for a routine traffic stop at about 10:30 p.m. on
May 30.

The officer detected an odour of alcohol from the female driver, who
subsequently failed a roadside screening, said Laviolette. The driver
was taken to the police station for a breathalyzer test which she also
failed, said Laviolette.

2 COUNTS

The driver was charged with one count of impaired driving and one count
of driving with more than the legal amount of alcohol in her system, and
then released.

"It was very straightforward," said Laviolette. "There was nothing out
of the ordinary. She was very co-operative."

Kemper, who lives in the tony New Edinburgh neighbourhood, has been
described as "one of the most controversial, criticized and
misunderstood Canadians of her time," and has a history that includes
being married to a prime minister and partying with the Rolling Stones.

DEPRESSION

Her battle with mental illness has also been widely publicized over the
years. She suffered from bouts of depression during her marriage to
Trudeau, which lasted from 1971 until 1984.

The couple had three sons, the youngest of whom -- Michel -- was killed
after an avalanche swept him to the bottom of British Columbia's Kokanee
Lake in November 1998.

That tragedy was followed by the death of Pierre Trudeau in September
2000 at age 80.

Kemper's second marriage, to Ottawa real-estate developer Fried Kemper,
also ended in divorce.
Deborah
2004-07-22 22:31:09 UTC
Post by MC
Trudeau ex faces impaired charge
By CAROLINE PHILLIPS, Ottawa Sun
THE EX-WIFE of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau has been charged
with drunk driving. Margaret Kemper, 55, was not present, nor was she
required to be, when her case was in Ottawa court for the first time
yesterday.
According to today's Vancouver Province, she will plead "Not Guilty".
If her breathalizer reading wasn't really high, it's possible she'll
beat the charge. But it's just one more notch on her shabby belt.

Deborah
f5
Actually, Margaret is a very nice woman. And very shy.
Deborah
2004-07-23 03:03:51 UTC
Post by f5
Actually, Margaret is a very nice woman. And very shy.
I don't recall saying anything about her personality. I was referring
to her history, which is well documented. And I repeat, this DUI is
just one more notch in her shabby belt.

Read the book she wrote after she and Pierre divorced, if you can find
a library that carries it. I made a point of not buying it after I
saw a bunch of excerpts from it in the local papers.

Pathetic.

Deborah
Samantha
2004-07-23 04:19:13 UTC
Post by f5
Actually, Margaret is a very nice woman. And very shy.
and she's convicted of this, you can add huge loser to your list.

samantha
Zeb Quinn
2004-07-23 03:13:06 UTC
Any recent photos of her? I wonder how the years are treating her.
MC
2004-07-23 04:13:47 UTC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by Deborah
According to today's Vancouver Province, she will plead "Not Guilty".
If her breathalizer reading wasn't really high, it's possible she'll
beat the charge. But it's just one more notch on her shabby belt.
Any recent photos of her? I wonder how the years are treating her.
Here's one:

I met her once and was surprised at how tall and big-boned she is. She
always looked waif-like in photos. She seemed very nice.
Deborah
2004-07-23 05:16:02 UTC
Post by MC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by Deborah
According to today's Vancouver Province, she will plead "Not Guilty".
If her breathalizer reading wasn't really high, it's possible she'll
beat the charge. But it's just one more notch on her shabby belt.
Any recent photos of her? I wonder how the years are treating her.
http://www.canoe.com/AllAboutCanoesNewsImages/000114_av.jpg
She looked FAR older than that at the state funeral for Trudeau, which
was four years ago just about. She had not aged well, and if this is
a fairly recent photo of Margaret and Justin, she's definitely had
surgery.

Deborah
f5
2004-07-23 13:02:14 UTC
Post by Deborah
Post by MC
Post by Zeb Quinn
Post by Deborah
According to today's Vancouver Province, she will plead "Not Guilty".
If her breathalizer reading wasn't really high, it's possible she'll
beat the charge. But it's just one more notch on her shabby belt.
Any recent photos of her? I wonder how the years are treating her.
http://www.canoe.com/AllAboutCanoesNewsImages/000114_av.jpg
She looked FAR older than that at the state funeral for Trudeau, which
was four years ago just about. She had not aged well, and if this is
a fairly recent photo of Margaret and Justin, she's definitely had
surgery.
I see her around town at least once every two weeks and she looks
great. It doesn't look like she has had any surgery at all.
Deborah
2004-07-24 01:49:45 UTC
Post by f5
I see her around town at least once every two weeks and she looks
great. It doesn't look like she has had any surgery at all.
Um... when you have a face life you're not supposed to LOOK like
you've had a face lift. Fact is, Margaret Trudeau is at least a few
years older than I am. And she had lines on her face at the funeral
that she doesn't have now. I can't see grief accounting for that
difference, somehow.

It needn't have been surgery anyway. People with money have all sorts
of non-surgical ways of preserving a youthful appearance - botox, for
instance, and all sorts of other non-surgical treatments.

Deborah
f5
2004-07-26 19:37:43 UTC
Post by Deborah
Post by f5
I see her around town at least once every two weeks and she looks
great. It doesn't look like she has had any surgery at all.
Um... when you have a face life you're not supposed to LOOK like
you've had a face lift. Fact is, Margaret Trudeau is at least a few
years older than I am. And she had lines on her face at the funeral
that she doesn't have now. I can't see grief accounting for that
difference, somehow.
It needn't have been surgery anyway. People with money have all sorts
of non-surgical ways of preserving a youthful appearance - botox, for
instance, and all sorts of other non-surgical treatments.
*shrug* Whatever. I've seen lots of people who have had work done
and I still maintain that Margaret doesn't. And she's not all that
well off either. You'd be surprised.
Deborah
2004-07-27 02:32:02 UTC
Post by f5
Post by Deborah
instance, and all sorts of other non-surgical treatments.
*shrug* Whatever. I've seen lots of people who have had work done
and I still maintain that Margaret doesn't. And she's not all that
well off either. You'd be surprised.
Yes, I would be. I grew up two blocks down Highland Drive in West
Vancouver from her. I would be surprised if her parents are still
living, and haven't left their children a sizeable inheritance, but I
suppose that is possible. They'd be in their 90's...

Deborah
f5
2004-07-27 13:08:43 UTC
Post by Deborah
Post by f5
Post by Deborah
instance, and all sorts of other non-surgical treatments.
*shrug* Whatever. I've seen lots of people who have had work done
and I still maintain that Margaret doesn't. And she's not all that
well off either. You'd be surprised.
Yes, I would be. I grew up two blocks down Highland Drive in West
Vancouver from her. I would be surprised if her parents are still
living, and haven't left their children a sizeable inheritance, but I
suppose that is possible. They'd be in their 90's...
Well, she's not *rich* rich.

Eh, who cares? It's only Margaret Trudeau. No point splitting hairs.
MC
2004-07-27 13:46:14 UTC
Post by f5
Well, she's not *rich* rich.
Eh, who cares? It's only Margaret Trudeau. No point splitting hairs.
Mind you, the *other* Margaret Trudeau probably is. Though most of us
know her as Jane Pauley!
n***@gmail.com
2018-01-02 11:13:08 UTC
I just love how she was acquitted of drunk driving. Over double the legal limit. If this was any other victim of a DUI charges, of which there are 1.5 million convictions per year in Canada, life as you knew it would be destroyed forever. And all the comments on here are about how shy she is, what a nice person she is, her height, her bone structure and how she has aged.

There is something so very wrong with society

Zylan
2004-07-23 05:18:44 UTC
She was the life of parties in the 80s. I remember her picture taken
outside a nightclub sitting along a sidewalk sans panties waiting for
Mick Jagger was a riot!!
Deborah
MC
2004-07-23 07:26:15 UTC
Post by Zylan
She was the life of parties in the 80s. I remember her picture taken
outside a nightclub sitting along a sidewalk sans panties waiting for
Mick Jagger was a riot!!
This one:

http://www.pussyslips.com/maggie-trudeau-pussy-slip.htm