Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?
Add Reply
Chemqueries
2003-12-03 21:41:52 UTC
This morning she was on The Today Show discussing her soon-to-be-released movie
with Jack Nicholson. Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
hands? I've always like Diane Keaton, but isn't it about time that she stop the
fashion gimmicks? She's such an attractive woman, and she looks great for her
age, so why does she have to ruin it with costumes that not even a rebellious
teenager would be caught dead in?
Aware1
DustBunny
2003-12-03 22:32:02 UTC
Post by Aware1
Post by Chemqueries
This morning she was on The Today Show discussing her soon-to-be-released movie
with Jack Nicholson. Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
hands? I've always like Diane Keaton, but isn't it about time that she stop the
fashion gimmicks? She's such an attractive woman, and she looks great for her
age, so why does she have to ruin it with costumes that not even a rebellious
teenager would be caught dead in?
Closet nailbiter?
There was an interview with her in EW a few weeks ago...they said even
though it was a hot summer day in LA she wore several layers of clothes,
including a wool blazer. Maybe she's always cold?

--
Evelyn
Todays' motivational slogan: Every journey begins with a reason to flee
the jurisdiction.
SandraW9
2003-12-03 22:45:31 UTC
Post by Chemqueries
Post by Aware1
Post by Chemqueries
teenager would be caught dead in?
Closet nailbiter?
There was an interview with her in EW a few weeks ago...they said even
though it was a hot summer day in LA she wore several layers of clothes,
including a wool blazer. Maybe she's always cold?
--
Evelyn
Todays' motivational slogan: Every journey begins with a reason to flee
the jurisdiction.
In an interview several years ago I recall her saying about her style of dress
that she just doesn't like having any skin exposed.
Unfortunately, her answer was not questioned so I don't know why she prefers
this. However, ever since I always notice that her characters always have the
same dress style.
Billie
2003-12-03 23:27:14 UTC
Post by SandraW9
In an interview several years ago I recall her saying about her style of dress
that she just doesn't like having any skin exposed.
Unfortunately, her answer was not questioned so I don't know why she prefers
this. However, ever since I always notice that her characters always have the
same dress style.
Except that she's totally nude in her new movie. She was on "The View" with the
black gloves also. I like her, but she's weird.

Billie

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"
Brandy Alexandre
2003-12-03 23:47:37 UTC
Was it her or a double?
Billie
2003-12-04 00:50:47 UTC
Post by Brandy Alexandre
Post by Billie
Except that she's totally nude in her new movie. She was on "The
View" with the black gloves also. I like her, but she's weird.
Billie
Was it her or a double?
She swears it was her.

the bionic glove chick
2003-12-03 23:21:57 UTC
Subject: Re: Diane Keaton - what's with the gloves?
Date: 12/3/2003 5:32 PM Eastern Standard Time
Post by Aware1
Post by Chemqueries
teenager would be caught dead in?
Closet nailbiter?
There was an interview with her in EW a few weeks ago...they said even
though it was a hot summer day in LA she wore several layers of clothes,
including a wool blazer. Maybe she's always cold?
Raynaud's Syndrome? It's why I wear gloves constantly (with R.
arthritis)...even while typing. Even when working retail; picking up change,
whathaveyou. Most customers thought the idea clever.
Gloves are great...just takes some getting used to.

-K.S.
David Bowie is a god. You know you want to worship him.
Cauldron3
2003-12-03 23:24:51 UTC
liver spots
Buttercup
2003-12-04 04:23:33 UTC
Post by Chemqueries
she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors
Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?
Chemqueries
2003-12-04 04:34:29 UTC
Post by Buttercup
Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?
Hi Buttercup. I'm uncertain whether Keaton has had face lifts. I do remember
hearing her say several years ago that she hadn't had cosmetic surgery and
would not, but then, of course, so many of them lie, like Halle Berry! I don't
get the best reception on my TV, but from the picture I saw this morning of
Keaton on the Today Show, it looked as if she was developing a "turkey waddle"
-- you know, that redundant skin under the chin. Buy perhaps not. It may just
be my lousy TV. I do intend to see her new movie when it comes out in a week or
so, so we'll be able to see then whether she's "had some work done."
PattyC
2003-12-04 04:59:58 UTC
Post by Buttercup
Post by Chemqueries
she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors
Her aged hands don't match her face lifts?
(`*·.ž(`*·.žž.·*Ž)ž.·*Ž)
«Žš `Buttercup Žš`»
(ž.·'Ž`(ž*·'Ž'·.*`)`'·. ž)
She looks like she has NEVER had a face lift and that's refreshing. A
regular looking person in her fifties.

Katie Couric asked her about the gloves and she said something like it was
just a silly fashion/fun thing.

PattyC
Whatfor444
2003-12-04 07:36:22 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

she has lobster hands...la de dah
u***@webtv.net
2003-12-04 11:59:40 UTC
She has scissor hands .....
Billie
2003-12-04 13:25:17 UTC
From: "PattyC"
She looks like she has NEVER had a face lift and that's refreshing. A
regular looking person in her fifties.
Katie Couric asked her about the gloves and she said something like it was
just a silly fashion/fun thing.
PattyC
I agree she hasn't had a facelift. I'm sure she's had work done on her skin,
which everyone does.

The gloves have certainly gotten her a lot of attention, so for whatever
reason, it's working for her...lol.

CliffB
2003-12-04 13:37:01 UTC
Maybe they look like her feet.
Makan amess
2003-12-05 00:03:46 UTC
maybe she has vitiligo.
mikki
2003-12-05 18:19:25 UTC
I'm working from my age-affected memory here, but I distinctly remember hearing
that Diane spends hours putting outfits together and they have to be perfect and
very detailed. Belts and purses and jewelry and jackets, etc. all have to be
exactly how she wants them, so the gloves must be another fun accessory for her.
--
Take Care, Be Well.
;~)
How do you like them apples?
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-06 07:14:16 UTC
From: "mikki" ***@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 10:19 AM

I'm working from my age-affected memory here, but I distinctly remember hearing
that Diane spends hours putting outfits together and they have to be perfect
and
very detailed. Belts and purses and jewelry and jackets, etc. all have to be
exactly how she wants them, so the gloves must be another fun accessory for
her.
Whatever the case, she's fucking ugly, un-sexy, and has terrible fashion sense.
She has always come off as a repressed WASP.

-------

[Official!] Keeper of the Wonderful, Talented, Handsome Oscar-winner...

Benicio del Toro

Offical web site: http://www.beniciodeltoro.com

[Note: I have no affiliation with the site or site owner]
Chemqueries
2003-12-06 07:20:59 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
She has always come off as a repressed WASP.
Isn't that what she was supposed to be in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Annie
Hall"? As far as "Annie Hall" is concerned, I'm pretty sure that Woody Allen
based a lot of the movie on Diane Keaton's life and on his real-life
relationship with her. Her real name is Diane Hall. His original title for the
movie was "Anhedonia," which is a medical term for the inability to experience
pleasure. After spending some time with Diane Keaton's family, he decided to
change the name of the movie to "Annie Hall."
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-06 07:44:54 UTC
From: ***@aol.com (Chemqueries)
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:20 PM
Post by Chitter Chatter
She has always come off as a repressed WASP.
Isn't that what she was supposed to be in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Annie
Hall"? As far as "Annie Hall" is concerned, I'm pretty sure that Woody Allen
based a lot of the movie on Diane Keaton's life and on his real-life
relationship with her. Her real name is Diane Hall. His original title for the
movie was "Anhedonia," which is a medical term for the inability to experience
pleasure. After spending some time with Diane Keaton's family, he decided to
change the name of the movie to "Annie Hall."
I just can't fucking STAND her. I have never, ever liked her. All the movies
I've seen her in...only a few...have been b/c there was someone else in the
movie I wanted to see, and I had to just fucking endure her. She is
soooooooooooooooo boring and bland to me. I think she plays herself and this
passes as talent.

-------

Chemqueries
2003-12-06 07:50:26 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
I think she plays herself and this
passes as talent.
I think that's true of a lot of actors, including Jack Nicholson. One exception
to that would be Nicholson's role in "About Schmidt." I read that several
directors and screenwriters have actually given the script to Nicholson before
filming began so that he could re-write the lines in his own words and style.
Polanski said that much of "Chinatown" was written with Jack in mind.
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-06 08:12:38 UTC
From: ***@aol.com (Chemqueries)
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:50 PM
Post by Chitter Chatter
I think she plays herself and this
passes as talent.
I think that's true of a lot of actors, including Jack Nicholson. One exception
to that would be Nicholson's role in "About Schmidt." I read that several
directors and screenwriters have actually given the script to Nicholson before
filming began so that he could re-write the lines in his own words and style.
Polanski said that much of "Chinatown" was written with Jack in mind.
Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!! I've
seen the man on TV, in interviews, at awards shows, etc. He is exactly the way
he is onscreen. Not impressive. Same goes for Clint Eastwood. Even Sean Penn
always appears to be doing Sean Penn. Which is to say he's always channeling
Robert DeNiro. And people mock Keanu Reeves! At least Keanu isn't playing
himself!

-------

Jon
2003-12-06 08:18:39 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!!
I think he's idolized for what he gets away with. He runs through a laundry
list of women and then drops them like soiled sheets. He walks through most of
his films. And yet he still gets big roles and he still wins major awards. He
is what every male actor in Hollywood dreams of being.
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-06 12:37:37 UTC
From: ***@aol.comqqqq (Jon)
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 12:18 AM
Post by Chitter Chatter
Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!!
I think he's idolized for what he gets away with. He runs through a laundry
list of women and then drops them like soiled sheets. He walks through most of
his films. And yet he still gets big roles and he still wins major awards. He
is what every male actor in Hollywood dreams of being.
True. But I also think he's long been a staple of popular culture to the point
where people idolize him without even thinking. It's as if, He's JACK NICHOLSON
so of course I think he's great. So phoney. I mean, I agree with what you
say...if it were only men idolizing him. But women think he's the cat's meow,
yet everything
about him flies in the face of feminist ideals.

-------

E Varden
2003-12-07 15:00:23 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
.
.
.
. I mean, I agree with what you
Post by Chitter Chatter
say...if it were only men idolizing him. But women think he's the cat's meow,
yet everything
about him flies in the face of feminist ideals.
Well, Darling, what do you think the message is, there?

P Nicholson. (Purring)
chillled
2003-12-06 17:18:56 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
Yep. For this reason I have never been impressed with JN and I can't believe
how other actors idolize him. He plays himself, for crying out loud!!! I've
seen the man on TV, in interviews, at awards shows, etc. He is exactly the way
he is onscreen. Not impressive. Same goes for Clint Eastwood. Even Sean Penn
always appears to be doing Sean Penn. Which is to say he's always channeling
Robert DeNiro. And people mock Keanu Reeves! At least Keanu isn't playing
himself!
He's so good at acting seething, repressed rage that he's been used too
much for it in the movies. And he has a lot of mannerisms that he
doesn't hide but uses in character. It doesn't mean he can't act,
though it probably means he's gotten a little lazy or too fond of being
a star. Jack Lemmon and Jimmy Stewart both used their tics and
mannerisms in character; I don't think anyone would deny they could act
(although I quit watching Jack Lemmon after awhile because I couldn't
stand his tics any longer).
Wull
2003-12-06 17:20:04 UTC
Has anyone in this thread mentioned gambling?

Many women wear gloves so their hands do not get
black from handling all those filthy coins? Or
maybe she bites her nails, :-)

Wull
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-06 18:51:25 UTC
From: Wull ***@datarecall.net
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 9:20 AM

Has anyone in this thread mentioned gambling?

Many women wear gloves so their hands do not get
black from handling all those filthy coins? Or
maybe she bites her nails, :-)

Wull >>

The truth is more likely what some of us suspect which is that Keaton is just a
fruitcake who doesn't know SHIT about fashion and who hates her body so much
that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just like
her character in the movie.

-------

onebyone
2003-12-06 20:41:08 UTC
Well HELL! ..........A person can't win with this group of people. If she
weren't wearing gloves, you all would be bitching about how old her hands
looked.
Robin
2003-12-07 03:21:30 UTC
I must admit, I've always wondered why she always covers up right up to
her throat. Like her, though, a lot. I remember when she was just
starting out, and appeared on Johnny Carson for the first time. She
sang a song, and I remember thinking her voice was so beautiful, clear
like a bell. She was terrified, shaking and wasn't able to hide it or
compose herself. I remember feeling embarrassed for her.
Once again, dating myself.
Robin
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 9:20 AM
Post by Chitter Chatter
that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just
like
Post by Chitter Chatter
her character in the movie.
-------
"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a desperate battle." Philo of Alexandria. Do not email if posting a response. TO EMAIL, REPLACE X WITH 4
Anita
2003-12-07 01:14:10 UTC
Post by Chitter Chatter
The truth is more likely what some of us suspect which is that Keaton is just a
fruitcake who doesn't know SHIT about fashion and who hates her body so much
that she needs to have every inch of it covered up...all year round. Just like
her character in the movie.
I'm not sure why I'm wasting bandwidth responding to your idiot
remarks, but here goes: Diane Keaton is beautiful and talented, and
you're a loser...
Chitter Chatter
2003-12-07 13:56:24 UTC

Maybe b/c you lack self-control?
l***@gmail.com
2017-11-30 02:48:52 UTC
She had bulimia, and bulimia can cause things like bad teeth, and it has to do with control over life and/or one's body.
I wonder if bulimia can cause body disorders besides bad teeth. Anyone know?
I'm guessing that she may have physical imperfections from bulimia besides bad teeth that some bulimics get.
l***@gmail.com
2017-11-30 02:55:56 UTC
Bulimia disorder, possible body dysphoria as well as bad teeth and physical imperfections from bulimia or the dysphoria
Miloch
2017-11-30 15:58:13 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
She had bulimia, and bulimia can cause things like bad teeth, and it has to do
with control over life and/or one's body.
I wonder if bulimia can cause body disorders besides bad teeth. Anyone know?
I'm guessing that she may have physical imperfections from bulimia besides bad
teeth that some bulimics get.
http://alt.gossip.celebrities.narkive.com/cXllA2Ss/diane-keaton-what-s-up-with-the-gloves

"She explained it recently on "The View" that is a fashion statement,
inspired by the old days when movie stars wore strapless gowns and elbow
length gloves. She removed the gloves for the rest of the program and
her hands looked fine to me so I don't think she is trying to hide
anything. It's interesting that very few people dress eccentrically
anymore, everyone wants to be in the current fashion which is basically
casual chic."

*

Will Dockery
2015-08-25 21:41:20 UTC
Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 11:20 PM
Post by Chitter Chatter
[...]
Not even in Annie Hall?

:D
EEEEGAAHH!
Maybe she has a germ phobia.
Patty
2003-12-05 00:43:17 UTC
Post by Makan amess
maybe she has vitiligo.
Maybe she's a magician.
charliekilo
2003-12-05 00:51:06 UTC
Post by Patty
Post by Makan amess
maybe she has vitiligo.
Maybe she's a magician.
Dammit....martini all over the keyboard! LOL!
m***@gmail.com
2015-08-25 18:39:02 UTC
Post by Chemqueries
This morning she was on The Today Show discussing her soon-to-be-released movie
with Jack Nicholson. Once again, she was wearing black gloves while being
interviewed indoors. Is she trying to prevent her fingerprints from being left
on everything she touches? Does she have some dreaded disease that affects the
hands? I've always like Diane Keaton, but isn't it about time that she stop the
fashion gimmicks? She's such an attractive woman, and she looks great for her
age, so why does she have to ruin it with costumes that not even a rebellious
teenager would be caught dead in?
I'll bet she doesn't have a brown spot on her hands or anywhere else from the sun. Smart lady!