Trump Says Evangelicals Can Expect 'Violence' If Republicans Lose Power in the Midterms
2018-08-29 16:12:31 UTC
https://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-says-evangelicals-can-expect-violence-if-republic-1828668021

At a dinner with evangelical leaders held at the White House on Monday, Donald
Trump warned of “violence” if Republicans lose power in the midterms, according
to audio recording obtained by NBC News. “You’re one election away from losing
everything that you’ve got,” he said.

In the recording, he emphasized, somewhat cryptically, that “the level of
hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable” when talking up the stakes of this
year’s midterms:

If the GOP loses, he said, “they will overturn everything that we’ve done and
they’ll do it quickly and violently, and violently. There’s violence. When you
look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups—these are violent people.”

The scare tactic, grotesque and baseless as it is, was largely unnecessary.
Evangelical voters refuse to quit Trump, who despite being almost comically
immoral by conservative Christian standards has been a reliable ally on court
appointments and abortion politics. God doesn’t care about anything else, right?

*
Tommy
2018-08-29 16:32:00 UTC
Miloch <***@newsguy.com> wrote in