There Will be a Sloth at the Puppy Bowl, Also Puppies
2018-01-31 19:07:35 UTC
https://jezebel.com/there-will-be-a-sloth-at-the-puppy-bowl-also-puppies-1822587845

Every year, Animal Planet offers the Puppy Bowl as counter-programming to the
sports game with the CTE and the grunting and such. In addition to the lil’
puppers and their tiny, squidgy faces, this year’s games will include a sloth.
Hm, what?

An unpopular opinion I have is that I don’t think sloths are cute. I find their
long knife claws to be scary and things that move slowly really grind my gears.
However the idea of a sloth being subjected to whatever happens on the gridiron
of Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl sounded like a a bad deal for everyone involved.

Because I imagine it would be rude and also impossible to film the Puppy Bowl
live, the show is pre-taped. The Los Angeles Times was on set and produced a
delightful little piece that is a nice thing to read if you’re full up on
thinking or reading about “chain migration” and nuclear war. All of the little
angels participating in the Puppy Bowl come from shelters and rescues far and
wide and are all adoptable. (The Puppy Bowl currently boasts a 100% adoption
rate!)

2018-02-02 19:32:33 UTC
more at https://jezebel.com/there-will-be-a-sloth-at-the-puppy-bowl-also-
[...]
I guess one could say the Puppy Bowl has "jumped the sloth" (I like the
Kitten Bowl over on Hallmark better anyway).