Vivian Vance and William Frawley didn't like each other
Chris Tsao
2012-12-30 22:52:51 UTC
I was listening to the gay station on Sirius radio a few days ago a few minutes after I woke up so I wasn't wide awake, but I heard someone say that when William Frawley died that Vivian Vance broke open a bottle of champaign (sp.). I think Frank Decarro said that she said some harsh words, but I could be remembering wrong. He said that WIlliam Frawley had people drop something on the set of I love Lucy so she was have to do retakes. He said that Mr. Rogers was a killer in WW2 and that they dropped him behind enemy lines to kill people. I was half asleep so I can onlu paraphrase.
John
2012-12-31 18:00:43 UTC
Post by Chris Tsao
I was listening to the gay station on Sirius radio a few days ago a few minutes after I woke up so I wasn't wide awake, but I heard someone say that when William Frawley died that Vivian Vance broke open a bottle of champaign (sp.). I think Frank Decarro said that she said some harsh words, but I could be remembering wrong. He said that WIlliam Frawley had people drop something on the set of I love Lucy so she was have to do retakes. He said that Mr. Rogers was a killer in WW2 and that they dropped him behind enemy lines to kill people. I was half asleep so I can onlu paraphrase.
Don't believe queer radio stations. I don't have a clue about Frawley,
but Mr. Rogers was not dropped behind enemy lines, was not a war hero,
but was a good man and good father.
d***@gmail.com
Sounds like Bull Shit to me, the queer radio stations. I always liked Vivian Vance and William Frawley.
Chris Tsao
2012-12-31 20:05:47 UTC
I don't like either story.
d***@outlook.com
2016-08-01 19:28:27 UTC
I don't know if Mr Rogers was a war hero but he was a navy seal in Vietnam according to Lee Marvin
Vivian Vance hate William Fawley because of the age difference, Vance said something nasty because Fawley was 20 years older.
Miloch
2016-08-01 20:28:40 UTC
Post by d***@outlook.com
I don't know if Mr Rogers was a war hero but he was a navy seal in Vietnam
according to Lee Marvin
Vivian Vance hate William Fawley because of the age difference, Vance said
something nasty because Fawley was 20 years older.
William Frawley was an alcoholic...age had nothing to do with it.

*
d***@gmail.com
2017-08-10 23:42:32 UTC
No she was appalled that they gave her a husband 23 years older than her actually alcoholism had nothing to do with it
super70s
2017-08-12 17:41:41 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
No she was appalled that they gave her a husband 23 years older than her
actually alcoholism had nothing to do with it
FYI: this is a notorious troll thread that pops up from time to time,
gives somebody their jollies for some reason.
Tristan daCunha
2012-12-31 20:24:57 UTC
Gays are voracious shit eaters.
They have venereal warts in their throats.
Dykes have callouses in their vaginas from strapon friction.
b***@gmail.com
2017-08-25 01:46:41 UTC
You are a venereal wart! Bless your dark heart.
Miloch
2017-08-25 15:02:00 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Tristan daCunha
Gays are voracious shit eaters.
They have venereal warts in their throats.
Dykes have callouses in their vaginas from strapon friction.
You are a venereal wart! Bless your dark heart.
Any rational reason you're replying to a post dated December 31, 2012?

*
t***@gmail.com
2017-11-14 20:39:51 UTC
In article <2484e0ed-
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Tristan daCunha
Gays are voracious shit eaters.
They have venereal warts in their throats.
Dykes have callouses in their vaginas from strapon friction.
You are a venereal wart! Bless your dark heart.
Any rational reason you're replying to a post dated December 31, 2012?
*
______

Any rational reason you have to spoil the party?

Good conversations are not date-stamped
you know!
Miloch
2017-11-15 02:07:35 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
In article <2484e0ed-
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Tristan daCunha
Gays are voracious shit eaters.
They have venereal warts in their throats.
Dykes have callouses in their vaginas from strapon friction.
You are a venereal wart! Bless your dark heart.
Any rational reason you're replying to a post dated December 31, 2012?
*
______
Any rational reason you have to spoil the party?
Who said it was a 'party'?
Post by t***@gmail.com
Good conversations are not date-stamped
you know!
This is a conversation? Get back to me in 9 months with an answer.

go Warriors!
*
None
2017-11-15 02:47:10 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
In article <2484e0ed-
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Tristan daCunha
Gays are voracious shit eaters.
They have venereal warts in their throats.
Dykes have callouses in their vaginas from strapon friction.
You are a venereal wart! Bless your dark heart.
Any rational reason you're replying to a post dated December 31, 2012?
Any rational reason you have to spoil the party?
So you like partying with people who like to post about eating shit, and
venereal warts?
Post by t***@gmail.com
Good conversations are not date-stamped you know!
Only a truly retarded dumbfuck with his head up his ass would call that a
good coversation, li'l buddy. That retard is you. FCKWAFA. AADFR. FLJFAN.
God's Debris
2013-01-01 20:52:26 UTC
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:52:51 -0800 (PST), Chris Tsao
Post by Chris Tsao
I was listening to the gay station on Sirius radio a few days ago a few minutes after I woke up so I wasn't wide awake, but I heard someone say that when William Frawley died that Vivian Vance broke open a bottle of champaign (sp.). I think Frank Decarro said that she said some harsh words, but I could be remembering wrong. He said that WIlliam Frawley had people drop something on the set of I love Lucy so she was have to do retakes. He said that Mr. Rogers was a killer in WW2 and that they dropped him behind enemy lines to kill people. I was half asleep so I can onlu paraphrase.
The Frawley-Vance story is essentially true. The Mr. Rodgers story is
not.
Chris Tsao
2013-01-01 23:23:04 UTC
Post by God's Debris
The Frawley-Vance story is essentially true.
One of them had to have been meaner than the other. Who was the mean one?

I'm probably misremembering because I probably heard wrong because I had just woken up, but Frank Decaro might have said that William Frawley played an uncle on My Three Sons and that he would have the kids on the show drop those metal containers that they used to put projection film in so that Vivian Vance would have to do the scene all over again.
God's Debris
2013-01-01 23:38:16 UTC
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 15:23:04 -0800 (PST), Chris Tsao
Post by Chris Tsao
Post by God's Debris
The Frawley-Vance story is essentially true.
One of them had to have been meaner than the other. Who was the mean one?
I'm probably misremembering because I probably heard wrong because I had just woken up, but Frank Decaro might have said that William Frawley played an uncle on My Three Sons and that he would have the kids on the show drop those metal containers that they used to put projection film in so that Vivian Vance would have to do the scene all over again.
There's a lot of stuff online about it. Here's some..

Vivian Vance and William Frawley had their feud basically because
Vance's contract was tied to his. Frawley had a bad reputation in
Hollywood as a boozer and an a gambler (horse races and ball games).
Frawley campaigned to Lucy directly for the role and Desi only agreed
by saying that if there was ONE SINGLE SLIP UP, he'd be written out.
Desi also made threats to see that he'd "never work again."

Vance was hired and this upset Lucy as Vance was only a few years
older and not frumpy and ugly. Vance had it in her contract that if
Frawley was written out for any reason she'd be let go too. She didn't
like her future tied to Frawley's.

As it turned out Frawley (according to Desi) performed without a flaw
and never was late or caused problems. But Frawley was only for the
bucks. Vance would say "Most actors complain about not having enough
lines. Bill would come in complaining about having too many, telling
the writers to cut some out. All Bill wanted to do was say his lines
and get to the race track." Vance also didn't like the fact Frawley
only learned his part and often had no idea of what the script was
about.

The biggest problem between the two came because even though I Love
Lucy was a huge hit, neither Vance nor Frawley ever got much more than
they started with. Lucy and Desi were well known for only paying
scale.

Then CBS offered Frawley and Vance a spin-off of the Mertzes for a lot
of money and Vance refused, saying she didn't like Frawley enough to
do that. And after that it was all out war between the two.

I read in Stanley Livingstosn's autobiography (He played Ernie on My
Three Sons which was filmed on DesiLu next to The Lucy Show, where
Vance was playing Viv. Remember at this time Frawley was playing Bub
on My Three Sons)

Livingston said Frawley would pay him money to make noise or throw
things when Vance was saying her lines so she'd screw up. And Vance
would give the kids candy and such to screw with Frawley. So those two
really dislike each other.

I like Frawley's quote from the I Love Lucy book regarding Vance,
"Kansas never produced a finer actress than Vivan Vance, but today I
don't know where or what she's doing and we both like it that way"
Eddie
2013-01-03 01:58:44 UTC
Post by Chris Tsao
Post by God's Debris
[...]
I remember reading somewhere that Vance was actually a year or two
YOUNGER than Lucy.

k***@gmail.com
2014-03-30 21:38:51 UTC
Post by Chris Tsao
I was listening to the gay station on Sirius radio a few days ago a few minutes after I woke up so I wasn't wide awake, but I heard someone say that when William Frawley died that Vivian Vance broke open a bottle of champaign (sp.). I think Frank Decarro said that she said some harsh words, but I could be remembering wrong. He said that WIlliam Frawley had people drop something on the set of I love Lucy so she was have to do retakes. He said that Mr. Rogers was a killer in WW2 and that they dropped him behind enemy lines to kill people. I was half asleep so I can onlu paraphrase.
Yes, they did NOT like each other....at least that is the legend. For one, Vivian Vance did not like playing Frawley's wife (in real life, he could have been her father. He was 22 years her senior.) While the two started out with a decent work relationship, the story is that Frawley overheard Vance making some unkind statements about him (she didn't think he could sing or dance or was a lousy singer and dancer, one of the two.) And from there, the disdain grew. Frawley could be very rude and crude in real-life, and that likely caused Vance to not be endeared to him either. Their feud is well-documented in several sources.