Accused Mexican 'Make America Great Again' hat thief could face jail time
Add Reply
Stealing Is Stealing-Jail The Beaner
2018-08-30 02:30:37 UTC
A University of California, Riverside student could face jail
time after she was seen in a now-viral video appearing to swipe
a "Make America Great Again" hat from a fellow Highlander.

Edith Macias allegedly snatched Matthew Vitale’s MAGA hat before
going on a bizarre, profanity-laced tirade in the video, shot by
Vitale.

The Riverside County District Attorney’s Office told Fox News
that, if convicted, Macias faced a maximum sentence of up to one
year in county jail.

“I’m very excited that the DA’s office took it seriously,”
Vitale told Fox News. “We can’t thank UCPD enough.”

According to the criminal complaint, Macias is being charged
with a misdemeanor offense of petty theft in the Sept. 27
incident. A spokesman for the DA’s office said the next court
date is set for March.

Vitale, a member of the UC Riverside Republicans, pressed
charges after the incident, in which he said Macias stole his
pro-Trump hat off his head during a campus meeting and refused
to give it back -- before two police officers responded to the
scene and intervened.

According to the arrest warrant, Macias told one of the officers
she wanted to burn the MAGA hat because she believed the words
“Make America Great Again” represented the “genocide of a bunch
of people.”

The police officers were able to review video from both Macias’
and Vitale’s Facebook pages, which appeared to showed Macias
physically removing the hat from Vitale’s head and running away
with it, then repeatedly refusing to return in. Vitale
eventually got his hat back -- after Macias is seen in the video
giving it to university staff who then turn the hat over to its
owner.

CALIFORNIA STUDENT STEALS ‘MAGA’ HAT, PLEADS FOR WEARER TO BE
PUNISHED IN BIZARRE RANT

Vitale said he was “disappointed” after University Chancellor
Kim A. Wilcox issued a diplomatic statement noting that,
“coequal to our dedication to mutual respect, is our commitment
to free speech and the free exchange of ideas.”

“I get the feeling that the school didn’t take it very
seriously,” Vitale said.

Inspired by the incident, Vitale and other College Republicans
in Southern California started instituting "MAGA Mondays," in
which they proudly display their Trump gear on campus --
including the same hat Macias allegedly stole.

MAGA hat
Matthew Vitale, the Deputy Southern Region Vice Chair of the
California College Republicans, participates in MAGA Monday on
campus. (Courtesy of Matthew Vitale)

“I do, very proudly, wear my MAGA hat,” Vitale said, though he
added it was never about the $25 ball cap.

“I’m not doing this to be punitive or see her rot in jail,” he
said. “I want people my age to realize that things like this
aren’t tolerated in America. We just want to have our rights
guaranteed and that’s what it’s all about.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/22/accused-make-america-great-
again-hat-thief-could-face-jail-time.html

Democrats Make You Dumber
2018-08-30 05:34:17 UTC
https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/08/29/e2f830b7-53e8-
49c7-a380-
c44f8c7492
7d/thumbnail/1200x630/28f200da01debc70b2a8215aada9a82b/jpann-
butler-082818.jpg

EL DORADO, Calif. -- A Union Mine High School student is facing
battery charges after an altercation in her classroom over a
Donald Trump "Make America Great Again" campaign hat, reports
CBS Sacramento. In cellphone video, a teacher is seen trying to
subdue fired-up 17-year-old senior Jo-Ann Butler after she
became enraged at a classmate for wearing the MAGA hat.

She grabbed the hat off his head.

"That's a racist and hateful symbol," Butler said.

She is now facing two counts of battery, one on her classmate
and one on her teacher, who deputies say she slapped as he
escorted her from the room.

Butler says she made the scene to express her political feelings.

"Maybe just wake people up in some type of way, because it's not
cool, the environment our classroom is in," Butler said.

Her father says he doesn't approve of the way she behaved in
class. "Wasn't handled the way I'd like it," Chris Butler said.

Now he's faced with the legal impact of his daughter's alleged
criminal act.

All centered around the political divide across the country.

"I don't agree with grabbing someone's hat and verbally talking
to them in that way," Chris Butler said. "But as far as the
issue being brought up, maybe this is something that needs to be
brought up."

The El Dorado Union High School District's clothing policy
allows students to wear political symbols.

A statement released by the district reads:

"… Student and staff safety is our highest priority and the UMHS
administration will continue to cooperate with the El Dorado
County Sheriff's Office as the incident is being investigated."

Besides her arrest, Jo-Ann Butler has been suspended from school
for a week.

The El Dorado County District Attorney will likely decide later
this week whether she will be formally charged.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/el-dorado-california-high-school-
student-jo-ann-butler-make-america-great-again-hat-battery-
charges/

MaxxX
2018-08-30 07:05:44 UTC

She?
MaxxX
2018-08-30 07:08:48 UTC

They are insane.
Stealing Is Stealing-Jail The Beaner
2018-08-30 07:19:50 UTC
President Trump’s popular “Make America Great Again” hats
promote “laws and legislation that literally kill and murder in
the masses, people of color,” a California college student is
heard saying in a bizarre viral video rant where she pleads to
campus staff to ban the student from wearing the red cap.

**WARNING: Videos below contain explicit language**

Edith Macias posted a Facebook video Wednesday showing her
snatching the hat off of Matthew Vitale’s head during a meeting
of student organizations at University of California, Riverside.
The ensuing footage Vitale films of Macias arguing with him and
staff in the school’s student life office shows workers with
stunned looks on their faces as the scene unfolds in front of
them. The video has more than 2 million views.

“This is mine. You do not get to take other people’s property
that is legally theirs in this county,” Vitale, a member of the
school’s College Republicans club, sternly tells Macias.

“Man, f--- your laws,” Macias snaps back.

“I have a freedom of speech to wear this hat,” Vitale later says.

“Your f---ing freedom of speech is genocide, homeboy! Is that
what you are trying to represent?” she replies.

TRUMP SPEAKS WITH COWBOYS OWNER AFTER PROTEST: 'PLAYERS WILL
STAND FOR COUNTRY'

Vitale said in a video posted after the incident that he was
attending an annual school-organized meeting where leaders of
student groups listen to presentations about combating hazing
and sexual harassment. A self-described Trump supporter, Vitale
adds that he usually wears the “Make America America Great
Again” on campus and sometimes gets looks from other students,
but was startled when Macias, whom he says he never met, yanked
off his hat and sprinted out of the classroom.

The calm and collected staff at the school’s student life
offices managed to take the hat away from Macias and return it
to Vitale, but not before Macias is caught on video protesting
their actions.

“F--- your f—-ing freedom of speech, boy,” Macias says to
Vitale. “Your freedom of speech is literally killing a lot of
people out there. That’s what it is. Because you’re out there
wearing hats like these that promote laws and legislations that
literally kill and murder in the masses, people of color.”

Macias says at one point in the exchange that she would like to
burn the hat. In another heated moment, Vitale tells Macias to
leave the country if she doesn’t like it.

“What do you mean? I was born here….where the f—- am I gonna
go?” Macias says.

“Go to Mexico, go wherever the hell you want,” Vitale responds.

“You don’t know s—- about me! What do you mean Mexico?” Macias
fires back.

MELANIA TRUMP FIRES BACK AT LIBRARIAN WHO REJECTED GIFT OF DR.
SEUSS BOOKS AS 'RACIST'

A campus staff member then intervenes, trying to diffuse the
situation and offering Macias a space where she can file her
grievances to campus officials: “Let’s calm down a little bit,
we can talk as a trio here."

The viral video ends after one of the employees gives the hat
back to Vitale.

“Oh my God, you’re going to keep letting him wear it? That just
shows how the f--- UCR is and the education system. It’s geared
to benefit white people, white people, not me,” Macias says as
she protests the move and accuses the staff of not being neutral.

“In the premises of the university I deal with microaggressions
on the daily, as do other people of color and you have people
out there wearing hats like those, y’all don’t say s—- about
it,” she adds. “Make America Great Again? Really? Lynches, mass
genocides, mass deportations. Constant killings, and y’all are
just gonna shut the f—- up?”

“I don’t want to talk to none of y’all” Macias says as she's met
at the door by men who appear to be campus police officers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/29/california-student-steals-
maga-hat-pleads-for-wearer-to-be-punished-in-bizarre-rant.html

McCain's Navy
2018-08-31 05:46:50 UTC
Joshua Kelley, 24, performs drag for his fellow Navy sailors
while also fulfilling the role of his squadron’s administrative
supervisor by day.

Joshua Kelley, otherwise known by his drag name "Harpy Daniels,"
is serving looks while serving the country. Stationed on a ship
in Yokosuka, Japan, the 24-year-old performs for his fellow Navy
sailors while also fulfilling the role of his squadron’s
administrative supervisor by day.

“My biggest performances here are the lip sync competitions we
hold to build up morale," Kelley told NBC News.

The Navy's Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) department puts
on these events to entertain sailors and hold friendly
competitions. But as Harpy Daniels, Kelley comes to "slay."

“Once I made it into the (lip sync competition’s) finals, I
asked to perform every night,” he said, noting second place in
the competition earned him a $1,000 Navy Exchange gift card.

Kelley said the urge to entertain has always been in his blood,
even before he joined the Navy two years ago and prior to his
first taste of drag in April 2013, when his then-boyfriend took
him to an event at Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania and
urged him to perform.

“I walked out of my mom doing death drops and splits,” Daniels
said of his larger-than-life personality. “In high school, I
painted my toenails and tried makeup but was told I couldn’t do
it. That’s what society told me. But then I joined the drama
club and the color guard.”

It was in the color guard, a uniformed group activity that
involves presenting an institution’s flag, that Kelley got his
first taste of performing choreography in front of a crowd. It
was a thrill, he said, that he’s been chasing ever since. But
the road from Joshua Kelley to Harpy Daniels wasn’t always a
smooth one.

“I was raised in Berwick, Pennsylvania, and I have a twin
brother who does drag. I started a year earlier,” he said. “When
I told my parents about me doing drag, they were worried. They
were like, ‘Why are you going around dressing as a woman?’”

The situation changed, however, when Kelley’s dad got to see
Harpy Daniels in action as a hostess at a Bloomsburg University
event.

“He cried and said, ‘I didn’t know what this was,’” Kelley
recalled. “’I didn’t know it was all this joy.’ My mother has a
hard time understanding it, but she wants me to be happy.”

Aesthetically, Kelley says Harpy draws influences from the
queens of "RuPaul’s Drag Race," the popular VH1 competition show
that first enamored him (and countless others) with drag. Kelley
saw his first episode when he was just 16 years old.

“I was never into fashion, even though I was a typical fruit
cup,” he said. “But then I looked into Manila Luzon (a
contestant from season three of 'Drag Race'), and I loved her
looks. My favorite queen right now is Tatianna, hands down.”

When Kelley joined the Navy, just like his father had, he said
he was hoping to get out of his small town and challenge
himself. He said he was a bit nervous about meeting all the new
people, and he knew not everyone would be as colorful and
flamboyant as he is. He was pleased, however, when he found
acceptance.

“I have many LGBT friends here, and if you can stand at
attention properly and speak with proper etiquette, that’s what
it comes down to in the Navy,” he said. “No one tells me I’m too
feminine. I’ve not once had a bad experience as a gay man in the
military.”

For now, Kelley is happy to continue performing for his
squadron, VFA115, which is code-named “The Eagles.” A funny
fact, Kelley said, is he chose the name “Harpy,” because the
harpy eagle is his favorite animal. But Kelley also said he
hopes to inspire people with his drag around the world,
especially young people.

“I hope young people have the courage to do drag and not feel
pressure from anybody else,” he said. “At the end of the day,
it’s a reflection of who you are and what your creativity is. I
want a young person to see me and think, ‘You’re serving your
country, and still doing what you love.’”

“Take it and go with it, and don’t stop,” he added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/navy-drag-queen-harpy-
daniels-serving-looks-country-n905056?icid=recommended