Trump calls on Sessions to end Mueller investigation 'right now'
2018-08-01 15:39:36 UTC
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-calls-sessions-end-mueller-s-witch-hunt-n896481

President Donald Trump on Wednesday called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to
end special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, one of the most
direct demands he has made of the Justice Department to stop the probe since it
began.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now,
before it continues to stain our country any further before it continues to
stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17
Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!" the
president said in a morning tweet.

Sessions recused himself from overseeing the investigation into Russian
interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election over conflict of interest
concerns, because he had served as a surrogate for Trump's campaign.

Trump has repeatedly slammed Mueller's probe investigating Russian interference
in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, including any potential communication
with the Trump campaign.

The president has also repeatedly attacked Sessions for recusing himself from
the Russian investigation. This past June, he directly criticized Sessions in a
tweet for removing himself from overseeing Mueller, saying if he had known the
attorney general would do that, he would have appointed someone else to that
position instead.

“The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax continues, all because Jeff Sessions didn’t tell me
he was going to recuse himself,” Trump tweeted. “I would have quickly picked
someone else. So much time and money wasted, so many lives ruined … and Sessions
knew better than most that there was No Collusion!”

more at
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-calls-sessions-end-mueller-s-witch-hunt-n896481

*
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-08-01 17:42:28 UTC
On 8/1/2018 8:39 AM, Miloch wrote:

{snip}

> "Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now,
> before it continues to stain our country any further before it continues to
> stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17
> Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!" the
> president said in a morning tweet.

That reminds me of something from the past:

"That the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters call Pat Gray
and just say, Stay the hell out of this…this is ah, business here we
don’t want you to go any further on it."

"the President believes that it is going to open the whole Bay of Pigs
thing up again. And, ah because these people are plugging for, for keeps
and that they should call the FBI in and say that we wish for the
country, don’t go any further into this case."
Siri Cruise
2018-08-01 19:31:39 UTC
In article <pjsre5$b7q$***@josh.motzarella.org>,
Josh Rosenbluth <***@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/2018 8:39 AM, Miloch wrote:
>
> {snip}
>
> > "Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right
> > now,
> > before it continues to stain our country any further before it continues to
> > stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his
> > 17
> > Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!" the
> > president said in a morning tweet.
>
> That reminds me of something from the past:
>
> "That the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters call Pat Gray
> and just say, Stay the hell out of this
this is ah, business here we
> don’t want you to go any further on it."
>
> "the President believes that it is going to open the whole Bay of Pigs
> thing up again. And, ah because these people are plugging for, for keeps
> and that they should call the FBI in and say that we wish for the
> country, don’t go any further into this case."

'Stupid Watergate'

They're also the monty python version of 1930s Germany.

An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
Miloch
2018-08-01 19:46:50 UTC
In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
Cruise says...

>In article <pjsre5$b7q$***@josh.motzarella.org>,
> Josh Rosenbluth <***@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/1/2018 8:39 AM, Miloch wrote:
>>
>> {snip}
>>
>> > "Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right
>> > now,
>> > before it continues to stain our country any further before it continues to
>> > stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his
>> > 17
>> > Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!" the
>> > president said in a morning tweet.
>>
>> That reminds me of something from the past:
>>
>> "That the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters call Pat Gray
>> and just say, Stay the hell out of this
this is ah, business here we
>> don’t want you to go any further on it."
>>
>> "the President believes that it is going to open the whole Bay of Pigs
>> thing up again. And, ah because these people are plugging for, for keeps
>> and that they should call the FBI in and say that we wish for the
>> country, don’t go any further into this case."
>
>'Stupid Watergate'

Always remember that the controversy wasn't the crime but the
cover-up...something the Trumperoonie is ignoring at his peril...which makes it
all the more entertaining!!

*

Josh Rosenbluth
2018-08-01 19:57:44 UTC
On 8/1/2018 12:46 PM, Miloch wrote:
> In article <chine.bleu-***@reader.eternal-september.org>, Siri
> Cruise says...
>>
>> In article <pjsre5$b7q$***@josh.motzarella.org>,
>> Josh Rosenbluth <***@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 8/1/2018 8:39 AM, Miloch wrote:
>>>
>>> {snip}

>>> That reminds me of something from the past:
>>>
>>> "That the way to handle this now is for us to have Walters call Pat Gray
>>> and just say, Stay the hell out of this…this is ah, business here we
>>> don’t want you to go any further on it."
>>>
>>> "the President believes that it is going to open the whole Bay of Pigs
>>> thing up again. And, ah because these people are plugging for, for keeps
>>> and that they should call the FBI in and say that we wish for the
>>> country, don’t go any further into this case."
>>
>> 'Stupid Watergate'
>
> Always remember that the controversy wasn't the crime but the
> cover-up...

I know that is the conventional wisdom, but I think it misses the mark.
While it is likely true Nixon didn't know specifically about Watergate,
he almost certainly knew of the umbrella plumbers operation being run by
Hadelman.