2 Women Have Accused Tom Brokaw of Sexual Harassment
2018-04-27 05:26:42 UTC
https://jezebel.com/2-women-have-accused-tom-brokaw-of-sexual-harassment-1825588929

On Thursday evening, Variety reported that former NBC News anchor Linda Vester
said Tom Brokaw—famous for anchoring NBC Nightly News for 22 years as well as
hosting Today and Meet the Press—sexually harassed her when she was 28 years old
and working for NBC in the mid-’90s.

Vester alleges in Variety’s report that Brokaw forcibly attempted to kiss her on
two occasions, groped her in an NBC conference room, and arrived uninvited to
her hotel room one time. Variety conducted a series of interviews with Vester
over the course of several months and corroborated her claims with two of her
friends and journal entries from the time.

Vester’s attorney, Ari Wilkenfeld, said of his client’s decision to come
forward:

“What Linda is doing, like others before her had done, is to give her truthful
account in the hope that other women will not have to endure what she did. Linda
is literally seeking nothing for herself. She come forward at her own expense
and at her own peril. By her being willing to go on the record, perhaps this
will embolden other brave women to tell their stories.”

Brokaw denied Vester’s allegations in a statement, saying:

“I met with Linda Vester on two occasions, both at her request, 23 years ago
because she wanted advice with respect to her career at NBC. The meetings were
brief, cordial and appropriate, and despite Linda’s allegations, I made no
romantic overtures towards her at that time or any other.”

Vester told Variety that she never reported her claims to NBC’s HR department
because she feared it would damage her career prospects. In 1999 Vester left NBC
for a gig at Fox News anchoring her own show, which she sustained until 2006.

Another woman, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to The Washington Post on
Thursday, said that Brokaw sexually harassed her when she was a 24-year-old NBC
News production assistant in the ’90s. The alleged incident occurred when she
was in a hallway, having just arrived for work. Brokaw allegedly approached her,
beckoned her towards an enclave, took her hands in his, and commented upon their
chilliness. Then, in the woman’s words, “He put my hands under his jacket and
against his chest and pulled me in so close and asked me, ‘How is your job
search going?’” Then she recalled Brokaw saying, “Why don’t you come into my
office after the show and let’s talk about it.”

Brokaw has been married to Meredith Auld since 1962 and was never accused of
sexual harassment until now.

You can watch the Vester’s full video interview with Variety here.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/tom-brokaw-sexual-harassment-nbc-news-correspondent-1202789627/

*
NoBody
2018-04-27 10:53:46 UTC
[...]
I'm not a fan of this guy but I'm tired of decades-old charges being
automatically accepted because it fits a political agenda.
2018-04-27 14:17:27 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Miloch
https://jezebel.com/2-women-have-accused-tom-brokaw-of-sexual-harassment-1825588929
On Thursday evening, Variety reported that former NBC News anchor Linda Vester
said Tom Brokaw—famous for anchoring NBC Nightly News for 22 years as well as
hosting Today and Meet the Press—sexually harassed her when she was 28 years old
and working for NBC in the mid-’90s.
Brokaw has been married to Meredith Auld since 1962 and was never accused of
sexual harassment until now.
You can watch the Vester’s full video interview with Variety here.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/tom-brokaw-sexual-harassment-nbc-news-correspondent-1202789627/
I'm not a fan of this guy but I'm tired of decades-old charges being
automatically accepted because it fits a political agenda.
Easy for you to day...you'd feel different if one of the victims were your wife
or sister!...then you'd be standing there with a noose in your hand.

*
NoBody
2018-04-28 14:09:57 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Miloch
[...]
What I feel is not relevant and should not be relevant when it comes
to the law and what should be believed when charges are made decades
later.
2018-04-28 16:06:43 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Miloch
Post by NoBody
Post by Miloch
[...]
Oh really!...you seem to 'feel' that it "fits a political agenda"

*
Matt
They aren't.
NoBody
The fact is that they are since the story is being reported.
Matt
2018-04-28 19:13:43 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Matt
Post by NoBody
Post by Miloch
[...]
The charges are not being "automatically accepted." Stop lying.