Charlize Theron gained 50 pounds by eating mac and cheese at 2 a.m.
2018-04-20 16:52:55 UTC
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/18/charlize-theron-gained-50-pounds-by-eating-mac-and-cheese-at-2-a-m/

Charlize Theron put on a whopping 50 pounds to play overwhelmed mother Marlo in
her new film, “Tully.”

“I wanted to feel what this woman felt, and I think that was a way for me to get
closer to her and get into that mindset,” Theron told Entertainment Tonight.
“You know, it was a huge surprise to me. I got hit in the face pretty hard with
depression. Yeah, for the first time in my life I was eating so much processed
foods and I drank way too much sugar. I was not that fun to be around on this
film.”

As described, Theron, 42, would eat around the clock just to keep the weight on.

“Like, all of a sudden you’re just done eating that amount and then it becomes a
job,” she said after confessing to eating In-N-Out for breakfast. “I remember
having to set my alarm in the middle of the night in order to just maintain [the
weight].”

She goes into gluttonous detail, adding, “I would literally wake up at 2 in the
morning and I’d have a cup of cold macaroni and cheese just next to me,” the
Oscar winner shared. “I would wake up and I would just eat it … I would just,
like, shove it in my throat. It’s hard to maintain that weight.”

Theron’s weight gain was so jarring for her two kids, Jackson, 6, and August, 2,
that they thought she was pregnant.

When the film was completed, then came the daunting task of shedding the weight.
Theron said it took a year and a half.

“I was worried. I was like, this is taking a really long time,” she said.
“Because on ‘Monster,’ I just didn’t snack for five days and I was fine. You
know your body at 27 is a little different than your body at 43, and my doctor
made sure to make me very aware of that. Like, you are 42, calm down, you’re not
dying, all good.”

*
Travoltron
2018-04-20 17:52:54 UTC
You know, there's probably a 42-year old actress that's already 50
pounds overweight that could have really used the work.

This kind of miscasting is pretty fucking retarded and infuriating.
super70s
2018-04-20 23:11:29 UTC
[...]
I saw a trailer for Tully on TV yesterday, I happened to have the TV on
mute at the time but I noticed it's yet another film "from the people
who brought you Juno."

Seems like I've seen a "Juno connection" in the trailers of at least 5
or 7 films since Juno came out.