The Trumperoonie Caves In...admits water is wet, sky is blue, slams ‘heinous’ US Capitol riots and accepts ‘new administration’
2021-01-08 02:42:58 UTC
DON BACKS DOWN Trump slams ‘heinous’ US Capitol riots and accepts ‘new
administration’ for FIRST time in breathtaking u-turn after riot

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13683161/trump-addresses-heinous-attack-on-us-capitol/

DONALD Trump has reluctantly conceded defeat and says his focus will now turn to
a "smooth, seamless and orderly transition" of power.

In a video message posted online Thursday evening, the outgoing president
described Wednesday's riots on Capitol Hill as a "heinous attack on the nation's
capitol".

He went onto say that he would ensure an orderly transition on January 20, when
Joe Biden - who he avoided mentioning by name - will be officially sworn in as
President.

"Now Congress has certified the results, a new Administration will be
inaugurated on January 20," Trump said, acknowledging for the first time that he
would not be serving a second term as president, without explicitly stating it.

"My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of
power," he continued.

In an uncharacteristic move, Trump called for "healing and reconciliation".

"We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high," he said.

"But now tempers must be cooled and calm restored.

"We must get on with the business of America."

Trump defended his decision to "vigorously pursue every avenue to contest the
election results" and claimed his "only goal was to ensure the integrity of the
vote".

"I was fighting to defend American democracy," he said.

His speech came as Democrats consider a second impeachment of Trump, due to
claims he riled up the supporters at a rally before they breached the Capitol
moments later.

Hundreds of pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol Hill building in Washington DC
as Congress convened on Wednesday to ratify Joe Biden's victory as the next
president of the US.

Four people were killed during the violent siege with one woman shot by police
and another three people who suffered fatal "medical emergencies" related to the
failed coup.

"I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem," Trump said in the clip
posted on Twitter.

"America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

"The demonstators who infiltrated the nation's capital have defiled the seat of
American democracy."

Trump told those who engaged in acts of violence and destruction that they "do
not represent our country".

"And to those who broke the law, you will pay," he continued.

"This moment calls for healing and reconciliation."

“Serving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime,” Trump said. “And
to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed. But I also want
you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning.”

His latest statement was a stark contrast to comments he made following the
riots, about 24 hours earlier.

Though he told the rioters at the time to be peaceful, Trump also tweeted: “We
love you,” and called the participants “special”.

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election
victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away," he wrote in another
Tweet that has since been deleted.

Several social media platforms removed his posts and temporarily suspended his
accounts for allegedly inciting violence.

Trump’s Thursday evening statement was his first post since Twitter lifted a
12-hour freeze on his account.

During a brief speech earlier this afternoon, Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany
said the entire White House, including the president, condemned Wednesday's
riots "in the strongest possible terms".

"I am here to deliver this message on behalf of the entire White House," she
said.

Police later confirmed the identities of those who died as Ashli Babbitt, 35, of
Maryland, Benjamin Phillips 50, of Schuylkill Pennsylvania, Kevin Greeson, 55,
of Alabama, and Rosanne Boylan, 34, of Georgia.

"Let me be clear, the violence we saw yesterday at our nation's capital was
appalling, reprehensible and antithetical to the American way," McEnany
continued.

"It is unacceptable.

"Those who broke the law should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

"We grieve for the loss of life and those injured. And we hold them in our
prayers and close to our hearts at this time.

"We thank our valiant law enforcement officers who are true American heroes."

McEnany described those who infiltrated the building as a "group of violent
rioters undermining the legitimate first amendment rights of the many thousands
who came to peacefully have their voices heard in our nation's capital".

"Those who violently besieged our capital are the opposite of everything this
Administration stands for," she added.

"The core value of our administration is the idea that all citizens have the
right to live in safety, peace, and freedom."

At that stage, there was still no sign of Trump but McEnany said lawmakers were
"working towards" a peaceful transition of power when Joe Biden is inaugurated
as president in less than two weeks.

"Now it is time for America to unite, to come together, to reject the violence
we have seen, we are on American people under God," she said before walking off
stage.

McEnany did not take questions from reporters.

During a press conference on Thursday morning, DC Mayor Muriel Bowser said Trump
"must be held accountable."

"The current President must be held accountable for this unprecedented attack on
our democracy," Bowser said.

"What happened yesterday is what he wanted to happen and we must not
underestimate the damage he can do to our nation and our democracy over the next
two weeks."

Robert Contee, Acting Chief of the MPD, said approximately 56 officers were
injured in the riots.

He said one officer is still in the hospital after he was pulled into a crowd,
beaten, and tased.

Rep Tim Ryan, the chair of the committee that funds Capitol Police, said during
a press conference he is "livid" about the events and that there weren't proper
reinforcements.

Ryan said 15 cops in total were hospitalized.

Many officers were injured after mobs hit cops in the head with lead pipes, Ryan
said.

"I'm upset that my police officers were put into harm's way when they were just
doing their jobs," Bowser said of the incidents.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, one of Trump’s staunchest
allies, also condemned the president for Wednesday’s riots

“I’m not worried about the next election, I’m worried about getting through the
next 14 days,” Graham said.

“If something else happens, all options would be on the table.”

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared that “the president of the United
States incited an armed insurrection against America.” She called him “a very
dangerous person who should not continue in office. This is urgent, an emergency
of the highest magnitude.”

*
Rudy
2021-01-08 02:49:08 UTC
DON BACKS DOWN Trump slams ?einous?US Capitol riots and accepts ?ew
[...]
?erving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime,?Trump said. ?nd
to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed. But I also want
you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning.?
His latest statement was a stark contrast to comments he made following the
riots, about 24 hours earlier.
Though he told the rioters at the time to be peaceful, Trump also tweeted: ?e
love you,?and called the participants ?pecial?
?hese are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election
victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away," he wrote in another
Tweet that has since been deleted.
Several social media platforms removed his posts and temporarily suspended his
accounts for allegedly inciting violence.
Trump? Thursday evening statement was his first post since Twitter lifted a
[...]
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, one of Trump? staunchest
allies, also condemned the president for Wednesday? riots
?? not worried about the next election, I? worried about getting through the
next 14 days,?Graham said.
?f something else happens, all options would be on the table.?
Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared that ?he president of the United
States incited an armed insurrection against America.?She called him ? very
Like before, nothing original.
Dexter
2021-01-08 23:24:36 UTC
Post by Miloch
[...]
______

CNN has characterized Trump's address as having "the sincerity
of a hostage video"

He's facing demands to resign, calls to invoke the 25th
Amendment and the possibility of being the first President in
history to be impeached twice. Given his history and the recent
events one can only conclude he's lying - lying as he has done
since before he even began to run for office, lying to save his
own ass.
China Biden
2021-01-09 00:08:01 UTC
LOL @ CNN. I remember when it used to be a semi-respectable news source, 30
years ago.
Peter Pan
2021-01-09 00:26:59 UTC
Post by Dexter
CNN has characterized Trump's address as having "the sincerity
of a hostage video"
He's facing demands to resign, calls to invoke the 25th
Amendment and the possibility of being the first President in
history to be impeached twice. Given his history and the recent
events one can only conclude he's lying - lying as he has done
since before he even began to run for office, lying to save his
own ass.
Trump must also be thinking about the criminal
prosecution that's going to come out of this after he
leaves office.
China Biden
Nah, I'm sure Biden will get away with his crimes.
Rudy
CNN? BWAHAHAHA Sucker
Miloch
2021-01-09 04:31:06 UTC
Post by Rudy
DON BACKS DOWN Trump slams ‘heinous’ US Capitol riots and
accepts ‘new administration’ for FIRST time in breathtaking
u-turn after riot
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13683161/trump-addresses-heinous-attack-on-us-capitol/
CNN has characterized Trump's address as having "the sincerity
of a hostage video"
He's facing demands to resign, calls to invoke the 25th
Amendment and the possibility of being the first President in
history to be impeached twice. Given his history and the recent
events one can only conclude he's lying - lying as he has done
since before he even began to run for office, lying to save his
own ass.
CNN? BWAHAHAHA Sucker
Trump Faces Mounting Pressure and Calls for Resignation, Removal by Pence or
Impeachement...."BWAHAHAHA Sucker"