Tucker Carlson: Pols who use kids to gain power may be a greater 'existential threat' than climate change?
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2019-09-29 19:02:16 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-kids-threat-climate-change-
politicians

We hope you had a happy weekend. If you did, hold on to those memories. It
might be the last relaxing moment you'll have for a while. We're about to
wreck your peace of mind.

It turns out that all is not well on this blue planet of ours, far from
it. Indeed, it appears that the Earth itself is facing what we're going to
call tonight, an existential threat from climate change.

Now, what does the term "existential threat" actually mean, you ask?
Honestly, we don't know. But it sounds absolutely terrifying.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., presidential candidate: The climate change is
real. It is an existential threat to our country and the entire planet.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., presidential candidate: If NATO is about the
common defense, the biggest existential threat is climate change.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, presidential candidate: This is climate
change. It really is the existential threat.

Julian Castro, presidential candidate: We're going to have to address the
most existential threat to our nation and the world, climate change.

Beto O'Rourke, presidential candidate: On climate change, the greatest
existential threat that we face.

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., presidential candidate: We are facing a
climate crisis, it represents an existential threat to who we are as human
beings.

"A threat to who we are as humans." Well, there are a number of questions
here. Let's see if we can unpack them.

The first one: is climate change real? That's an easy one. Of course, it's
real. Climate always changes.

If you're in the United States, for example, the ground that you're
standing on right now was not so long ago really covered with glacial ice
a mile thick. Now, it's not covered in glacial ice a mile thick. So what
happened?

What happened is climate change. That's been happening since the Earth
cooled. Is human activity accelerating climate change? Can we reverse or
slow climate change? Despite what they tell you, no one really knows.

But the real question here has nothing to do with climate science. It has
to do with people who pretend they understand climate science. Do those
people actually believe what they're saying?

This is what climate activism has become -- a performative stunt, mixed
with hypocrisy. These are the people who promised to crack down on your
cheeseburgers while flying across the country, on private jets.

Well, let's see. Here was Kamala Harris recently talking at a CNN town
hall about how red meat contributes to the absolutely existential threat
of climate change.

Harris: As a nation, we have actually have to have a real priority at the
highest level of government around what we eat and in terms of healthy
eating, because we have a problem in America.

Erin Burnett, CNN host: But would you support changing the Dietary
Guidelines?

Harris: Yes.

Burnett: You know, the food pyramid, what people are eating?

Harris: Yes.

Burnett: So reduce red meat specifically.

Harris: Yes, I would.

Got that? Kamala Harris is a good person, and because she is a good person
-- a much better person than you are -- she cares about the existential
threat of climate change so much, that she is willing to forgo red meat.
That's what she told CNN viewers recently.

But when she is in the pork producing state of Iowa, though, it's a very
different story. Just this past weekend, Harris attended the Annual Polk
County Democratic Party Steak Fry. She took her turn working the grill
posing for the cameras.

And by the way, so did all of the other Democratic candidates. Liz Warren
was there, Beto O'Rourke, even Cory Booker, who says he is a vegan.
Organizers grilled more than 10,000 steaks over the weekend. Tape of the
event shows plumes of ozone destroying meat smoke rising heavenward. The
candidates standing amidst all of this seemed wholly unconcerned.

Are you surprised? Don't be surprised. This is what climate activism has
become -- a performative stunt, mixed with hypocrisy. These are the people
who promised to crack down on your cheeseburgers while flying across the
country, on private jets. No one says a word about it.

Last week, millions of concerned progressives took part in the so-called
climate strike. In their wake, they left mountains of litter. On Monday in
Washington, climate activists demanded change by blocking roads, causing
gridlock, and throwing confetti on the ground.

Well, if you're under 40, you might be surprised to learn that people
didn't use to express concern about the environment by littering. That
used to seem weird, but then the point of environmentalism used to be
about nature and preserving it and protecting it.

The point now is very different. The point now is political power. You gin
up a crisis and you demand the population submit to your will, or else.
And as you do that, of course, you don't need to fight fair or acknowledge
democracy or make a rational case for your position. You do whatever it
takes. You'll even use children, if it helps.

Just today, for example, a 16-year-old Swedish girl named Greta Thunberg
addressed the United Nations at the behest of climate activists. Here's
part of what she said:

Thunberg, climate change activist: This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up
here. I should be back in school, on the other side of the ocean. Yet, you
all come to us young people for hope. How dare you? You have stolen my
dreams, my childhood with your empty words.

We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about
is the money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you? If
you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act, then
you would be evil, and that I refuse to believe.

Tucker Carlson Tonight - Monday, September 23Video
You stole my childhood? Do what I want you to do, or else you're evil?

How do you respond to statements like that? The truth is you can't
respond. And of course, that's the point.

When you use children to demand power, they become a kind of human shield.
You can hide safely behind them, no one can criticize you.

But who would do something that unscrupulous? Anyone who would do that is
someone who would literally do anything to seize control. And that's
exactly what they're doing.

Adapted from Tucker Carlson's monologue on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on
Sept. 23, 2019.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The Obama-led Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
approved Uranium One in fall 2010. With a little luck, we'll see
compulsive liar Hillary Clinton in jail before she dies.

The World According To Garp.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
Miloch
2019-09-29 22:25:37 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-kids-threat-climate-change-
politicians
We hope you had a happy weekend. If you did, hold on to those memories. It
might be the last relaxing moment you'll have for a while. We're about to
wreck your peace of mind.
Seriously, man....does anyone actually listen to an idiot that even Fox News
couldn't stomach and suspended?

Tucker Carlson “Vacation” Sparks Rumors of Fox News Suspension
https://dcdirtylaundry.com/tucker-carlson-vacation-sparks-rumors-of-fox-news-suspension/

Tucker Carlson loses advertisers after remarks about “hoax” of white supremacy
https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlson-tonight-loses-advertisers-after-remarks-about-hoax-white-supremacy