Rudy Giuliani Just Destroyed Trumps Excuse For Not Releasing Tax Returns
2020-07-13 15:14:13 UTC
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-trump-taxes-george-soros_n_5f0bd942c5b67a80bc0964a6

Donald Trump has been saying since his 2016 campaign that he would love to
release his tax returns to the public ¯ as candidates and presidents do — but
he’s being audited by the IRS.

His personal attorney Rudy Giuliani blew that excuse out of the water Sunday
when he revealed the audits have been completed.

“All these tax returns have been by and large — maybe not the last one — but all
of them have been audited, all of them have either been passed on or settled,”
Giuliani told Maria Bartiromo on Fox News.

“There should be some finality in tax returns,” Giuliani added. “We get audited,
we make a deal, we pay the government, you don’t come after me forever for
that.”

Just days earlier, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany insisted that
ongoing audits were the reason Trump was not releasing any of his tax returns.

“The media’s been asking this question for four years, and for four years, the
president has said the same thing: His taxes are under audit, and when they’re
no longer under audit, he will release them,” said an annoyed McEnany.

The audit excuse has always been a lie. Nothing prevents anyone from releasing
their tax return, even if they’re being audited.

So will Trump release his returns now?

Don’t hold your breath. Giuliani has cooked up a wacky conspiracy theory that
“Soros-elected anarchist district attorneys” are out to “undermine the law,” so
he won’t let them get Trump’s taxes. He was referring to progressive Jewish
billionaire philanthropist George Soros, a frequent target of Trump, the far
right and anti-Semites.

Giuliani vowed to “fight them right down to the wire” to keep Trump’s returns
secret.

The battle seems already past the wire. The Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Thursday
that Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. has the right to subpoena the
president’s tax and business records as part of his criminal investigation into
Trump misdealings.

*
Jack Shit
2020-07-13 16:03:48 UTC
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-trump-taxes-george-soros_n_5f0bd942c5b67a80bc0964a6
Donald Trump has been saying since his 2016 campaign that he would love to
release his tax returns to the public ?as candidates and presidents do ?but
he? being audited by the IRS.
His personal attorney Rudy Giuliani blew that excuse out of the water Sunday
when he revealed the audits have been completed.
?ll these tax returns have been by and large ?maybe not the last one ?but all
of them have been audited, all of them have either been passed on or settled,?
Giuliani told Maria Bartiromo on Fox News.
?here should be some finality in tax returns,?Giuliani added. ?e get audited,
we make a deal, we pay the government, you don? come after me forever for
that.?
Just days earlier, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany insisted that
ongoing audits were the reason Trump was not releasing any of his tax returns.
?he media? been asking this question for four years, and for four years, the
president has said the same thing: His taxes are under audit, and when they?e
no longer under audit, he will release them,?said an annoyed McEnany.
The audit excuse has always been a lie. Nothing prevents anyone from releasing
their tax return, even if they?e being audited.
So will Trump release his returns now?
Don? hold your breath. Giuliani has cooked up a wacky conspiracy theory that
?oros-elected anarchist district attorneys?are out to ?ndermine the law,?so
he won? let them get Trump? taxes. He was referring to progressive Jewish
billionaire philanthropist George Soros, a frequent target of Trump, the far
right and anti-Semites.
Giuliani vowed to ?ight them right down to the wire?to keep Trump? returns
secret.
The battle seems already past the wire. The Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Thursday
that Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. has the right to subpoena the
president? tax and business records as part of his criminal investigation into
Trump misdealings.
If he wins will you cry for another 4 years?