2020 taught us one good thing: Celebrities are meaningless
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2021-02-03 21:03:54 UTC
https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/2020-taught-us-one-good-thing-celebrities-
are-meaningless/

You know we’re done with celebrity when even Jennifer Aniston suffers
backlash.

Her offense? Posting a photo of her newest Christmas ornament,
memorializing “Our first pandemic 2020.”

And off she went, trending on Twitter for being — like so many of her
cohort this year — tone-deaf, insensitive and out of touch.

“Why do celebrities not use logic?” went one typical anti-Aniston tweet.
“Why?”

Among the many disruptions brought by COVID, our relationship to fame,
Hollywood and celebrities has also shifted. As it turns out, they need us
more than we ever needed them.

As the world went into lockdown, movie theaters and music venues closed
and blockbuster releases were put on pause. While the rest of us worried
about our next paycheck or the nationwide toilet paper shortage or whether
a trip to the grocery store would kill us, we saw what happens when
celebrities don’t get their daily dopamine attention-hit.

First came the super-ill-advised and unasked-for “Imagine” video,
spearheaded by Gal Gadot (whose much-anticipated “Wonder Woman 1984” did,
in a movie star’s worst 2020 nightmare, go straight to streaming). Along
with Gadot were Kristen Wiig, Jimmy Fallon, Natalie Portman, Sarah
Silverman, Will Ferrell and far too many other stars singing from their
beautifully appointed homes, basking fireside or strolling through
expansive, verdant backyards.

Such was the public recoil that even The New York Times weighed in. “Far
from inspiring in a time of crisis,” the paper said. “The brutality is
relentless.”

Yet celebrities, rather than take heed from such intense and justified
scorn, doubled down. Was it out of cluelessness or callousness? Let’s take
a quick case-by-case review.

Chris Cuomo, the insufferable younger brother of tyrant Gov. Cuomo,
contracted COVID and was then spotted around East Hampton maskless and
yelling at people. Next, he faked his emergence from “quarantine” on CNN.
He was most recently spotted flexing in his apartment building’s elevator,
admiring himself in its mirror, oblivious to the smirks of three neighbors
riding with him.

We are all Chris Cuomo’s neighbors now.

Also, just days in, J.Lo and A-Rod posted video of her son serving them
soft drinks from his hoverboard. They also had a gym open up just for them
before going on Facebook to scold the rest of us.

“Hey everyone,” said our down-to-earth pal Jenny from the Block. “We want
you to please stay home to stop the spread of COVID-19.”

Audacious doesn’t begin to cover it.

Zero lessons learned, because (as of yet anyway) why bother? Just a few
days ago, Lopez was photographed in a vulgar Christian Dior bucket hat and
bundled up in fur as she prepped for her New Year’s Eve performance. Right
before that, she posted a photo from her private jet, asking us to “text
me at (305) 690-0379 which songs you want to hear on my setlist!!!”

I can think of plenty of other thoughts the public would like to share
with Lopez right about now.

The list goes on: Madonna whining that COVID was “the great equalizer”
from her rose-petaled bathtub. David Geffen’s superyacht selfie. Ellen
DeGeneres broadcasting from her gorgeous estate, a wall of greenery behind
her floor-to-ceiling windows, complaining that quarantine was “like being
in jail.” Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas’ staged and incessant paparazzi
walks during lockdown. Arnold Schwarzenegger posting videos from his hot
tub, puffing on a cigar or from his kitchen with his mini-ponies. Harry
and Meghan’s logorrheic online videos. Chrissy Teigen and countless
Kardashians engaging in luxury travel, still, now, as numbers spike and
ICUs verge on overflow.

Meanwhile, it’s the non-famous heroes who resonate: The frontline workers
and health-care providers New Yorkers cheered for every night at 7. The
wealthy Secret Santa profiled by CBS News who anonymously mailed $1,000
cash to 100 carefully chosen essential workers in need. Nathan Apodaca,
the Idaho potato warehouse worker longboarding and lip-syncing to
Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams,” while sipping an Ocean Spray, giving us all a
lift.

That TikTok video sent Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 hit soaring to the top of the
charts. And when Apodaca revealed he shot the video after his beater broke
down and he longboarded to work, Ocean Spray bought him a new truck. Cash
donations from around the country poured in.

In the perfect epitome of this new moment, the elevation of the everyman
at the expense of the famed, here came Mick Fleetwood himself, reenacting
Apocada’s ride and expressing gratitude.

“Did we expect it?” Fleetwood asked NPR. “No. Are we happy and delighted?
Absolutely.”
--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: ***@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

BeamMeUpScotty
2021-02-04 09:27:59 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/2020-taught-us-one-good-thing-celebrities-
are-meaningless/
You know we’re done with celebrity when even Jennifer Aniston suffers
backlash.
They were always useless as anything but entertainment, celebrity has no
actual value when it's no longer entertaining and by turning their
entertainment into 24/7 propaganda to tell us how we need to live, I
have to ask why anyone would pay any attention to the ideological
ranting of the loons.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
Her offense? Posting a photo of her newest Christmas ornament,
memorializing “Our first pandemic 2020.”
And off she went, trending on Twitter for being — like so many of her
cohort this year — tone-deaf, insensitive and out of touch.
“Why do celebrities not use logic?” went one typical anti-Aniston tweet.
“Why?”
because 99% of the shit that the celebrities post is feckless garbage
and ranting of the loons.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
Among the many disruptions brought by COVID, our relationship to fame,
Hollywood and celebrities has also shifted. As it turns out, they need us
more than we ever needed them.
Hollywood did this to themselves by attacking their gushing parasitic fans.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
As the world went into lockdown, movie theaters and music venues closed
and blockbuster releases were put on pause. While the rest of us worried
about our next paycheck or the nationwide toilet paper shortage or whether
a trip to the grocery store would kill us, we saw what happens when
celebrities don’t get their daily dopamine attention-hit.
First came the super-ill-advised and unasked-for “Imagine” video,
spearheaded by Gal Gadot (whose much-anticipated “Wonder Woman 1984” did,
in a movie star’s worst 2020 nightmare, go straight to streaming). Along
with Gadot were Kristen Wiig, Jimmy Fallon, Natalie Portman, Sarah
Silverman, Will Ferrell and far too many other stars singing from their
beautifully appointed homes, basking fireside or strolling through
expansive, verdant backyards.
All propaganda.... who they really are will never measure up to the FAKE
identity that they create on screen.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
Such was the public recoil that even The New York Times weighed in. “Far
from inspiring in a time of crisis,” the paper said. “The brutality is
relentless.”
Yet celebrities, rather than take heed from such intense and justified
scorn, doubled down. Was it out of cluelessness or callousness? Let’s take
a quick case-by-case review.
Likely just drunken stupidity.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
Chris Cuomo, the insufferable younger brother of tyrant Gov. Cuomo,
contracted COVID and was then spotted around East Hampton maskless and
yelling at people. Next, he faked his emergence from “quarantine” on CNN.
He was most recently spotted flexing in his apartment building’s elevator,
admiring himself in its mirror, oblivious to the smirks of three neighbors
riding with him.
We are all Chris Cuomo’s neighbors now.
Have CNN removed from that propaganda box they call cable.
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
it's celebrity fatigue.... or maybe it's propaganda fatigue.... because
whenever you can see that it's propaganda, that's too much propaganda to
allow you to relax away from the rest of the daily propaganda.

They seem to think that propaganda from a celebrity rather than a
political department of propaganda, is somehow less obvious? I'm here to
tell them it isn't.
--
That's karma

Will "you" dance with the devil in the pale moon light.....