Matt Lauer tells fans, "don't worry, I'll be back on TV" after sexual misconduct allegations
2018-09-01 22:34:19 UTC
https://news.avclub.com/matt-lauer-tells-fans-dont-worry-ill-be-back-on-tv-1828657064

NBC’s Matt Lauer was fired as host of Today last year amid a slew of sexual
misconduct allegations back in November, detailing a culture of impunity that
allowed the host to aggressively pursue sexual relationships with female
colleagues. Lauer issued an apology shortly after, but denied any stories of
“coercive, aggressive or abusive actions.” Now, Page Six reports that Lauer
recently told a crowd at New York City’s Donohue’s Steak House that, after nine
months away, he’s ready to leer at you through your TV screen once again.

“I’ve been busy being a dad. But don’t worry, I’ll be back on TV,” he reportedly
told a group of “older ladies” who told the former host they miss him. It won’t
be at NBC, however, as reports emerged late last year that the network literally
demolished his old office—the very same one where he was able to lock in guests
via a button under his desk. Lauer’s hope for a comeback comes right on the
heels of Louis CK’s go at rebooting his comedy career Sunday night, as well as
Mario Batali’s desire to start a new company in the wake of his own sexual
harassment scandal.

2018-09-03 02:58:41 UTC
He'll be on iTunes with a podcast more likely.
Miloch
2018-09-03 03:09:30 UTC
In article <super70s-***@reader.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...
Post by super70s
"I've been busy being a dad. But don't worry, I'll be back on TV," he
reportedly told a group of "older ladies" who told the former host they
miss him.
He'll be on iTunes with a podcast more likely.
When your boss shit-cans ya for sexual harassment and your wife walks out on ya
for essentially the same reason...you're basically toast.

He can sit and count his money...and maybe spend a little on a hair transplant.