Donald Trump uses tribute to Rush Limbaugh to claim he DID win the election...
2021-02-17 18:56:36 UTC
...and that 'there would have been riots if it had happened to a Democrat'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9271253/Donald-Trump-uses-tribute-Rush-Limbaugh-claim-DID-win-election.html

President Donald Trump called in to Fox News Wednesday to offer his tribute to
talk host Rush Limbaugh – who he said shared his own beliefs that the election
was stolen.

'Rush thought we won. And so do I,' said Trump in the extended interview.

Trump used the segment to vent about the election, having skipped Joe Biden's
inauguration after weeks claiming it had been rigged.

'I think it's disgraceful what happened. We were like a Third World country on
election night,' Trump said.

'I was disappointed by voter tabulation. I think it's disgraceful what
happened,' Trump said, in his first live comments since his Senate acquittal at
the end of his impeachment trial on Saturday.

'I think we won substantially. And Rush thought we won,' Trump continued from
his home at Mar-a-Lago, where he has been since January 20.

'He thought it was over at 10 o'clock, 10:30 it was over,' Trump said, speaking
of early vote tabulations that weren't official as states processed vote
tallies.

'And a lot of other people feel that way too. But Rush felt that way strongly,'
Trump said.

Then he revisited the split in the Republican Party over Trump's election fraud
claims.

'I don't think that could have happened to a Democrat. You would have had riots
going all over the place if that happened to a Democrat. We don't have the same
support at certain levels of the Republican system,' he said, without naming
names.

Trump bashed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell Tuesday in a blistering
statement after McConnell denounced his conduct Jan. 6th as well as his claims
the election was stolen.

Trump called Limbaugh a 'legend' and said for some peole listening to him was
'like a religious experience' as he saluted the 70-year old who battled lung
cancer.

The former president also continued to level conspiracy theories of the kind
that made up 'Kraken' lawsuits that got thrown out of court.

He complained about 'the closing down of the centers and all the things that
happened late into the evening. And he was furious at it,' Trump said, without
specifying.

He said Limbaugh believed 'we should have had it. That we did have it. But he
was somebody that felt that was a very important election.'

Trump said Limbaugh pegged his battle with cancer to the election, and sought to
make it through November 3.

'His ambition was to hold out until after the election,' Trump said. 'He worked
so hard to get through the election,' he added.

The former president spoke of their occasional conversations, shared views, and
time golfing together. At several junctures, Trump spoke about Limbaugh's
support for himself.

'He loved the people of this country so much. He was so happy with what we did.
We rebuilt the military. All things that we did. We cut taxes, we cut
regulations,' Trump said.

'He was with me right from the beginning,' Trump said of when he first connected
with the conservative host during the 2016 campaign.

'And he liked what I said and he agreed with what I said and he was just a great
gentleman.'

Host Bill Hemmer said interviewers had 'so many questions' for Trump that
weren't appropriate 'for this venue' while they played tribute to the host.

Trump awarded Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom at his 2020 State of the Union
speech.

*
kelown
2021-02-19 12:34:25 UTC
[...]
Trump turning a Limbaugh eulogy into another of his campaign rally stops
is a fitting insult to Limbaugh. Trump only saw him as yet another fool
to use for his political marketing.