Sinclair says it won't air Fauci conspiracy theory segment
2020-07-28 03:06:28 UTC
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/sinclair-air-fauci-conspiracy-theory-segment-72021973

The Sinclair Broadcast Group says it will not air a segment on its “America This
Week” program that discusses a conspiracy theory about Dr. Anthony Fauci and the
coronavirus

NEW YORK -- The Sinclair Broadcast Group says it will not air a segment on its
“America This Week” program in which a conspiracy theorist speculates about Dr.
Anthony Fauci and the coronavirus.

Over the weekend, Sinclair said it was delaying the story for a week after it
attracted media attention.

But in a tweet late Monday, Sinclair said that given the nature of Judy
Mikovits' claims to correspondent Eric Bolling, the segment was “not
appropriate” to air.

“We also reiterate our appreciation for all that Dr. Fauci and his team have
accomplished for the health and well-being of Americans and people worldwide,”
said Sinclair. The company owns local television stations in 81 markets across
the country.

Mikovits, maker of the widely debunked “Plandemic” video, had told Bolling that
she believed Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease expert, had manufactured
the virus that causes COVID-19 and shipped it to China.

She presented no evidence to back up her theory because there is none.

Despite Sinclair telling its stations on Saturday not to air the interview, the
lobbying group Media Matters for America said that it was shown on WCHS-TV, a
Sinclair-owned ABC affiliate in Charleston, West Virginia. Media Matters first
uncovered the segment last week.

Sinclair offered an “open invite” to Fauci to appear on any of its stations.

The broadcast group is known for pushing a conservative viewpoint through
editorials and reports that it compels its stations to run.

2020-07-28 06:27:51 UTC
[...]
That's all we need, more disinformation about the crisis. We get enough
of that from Trump.
FPP
2020-07-28 11:41:39 UTC
[...]
He's back to ragging on masks, and pushing
hydroxychlorofragilisticexpialidocious as a miracle cure again.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20