Sarah Huckabee Sanders Hit By ‘Big Bang Theory’ Credits: ‘God Told Me He Hasn’t Spoken’ to Her ‘Since She Was Fourteen’
2019-02-10 00:03:30 UTC
https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-huckabee-sanders-hit-big-bang-theory-credits-god-told-me-he-hasnt-1325274

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was mocked in the ending
credits of the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory on Thursday night.

“God told me he hasn't spoken to Sarah Sanders since she was fourteen years old
and praying for her skin to clear up. I have no reason to doubt Him,” appeared
during the credits of the episode “The Donation Oscillation.”

The show’s creator, Chuck Lorre, may have been taking a shot at Sanders through
the “vanity card” for her comments late last month to the Christian Broadcasting
Network (CBN), a conservative evangelical television station.

CBN’s David Brody said to Sanders, according to a transcript, “Does it kind of
blow your mind that someone like Donald Trump, who is sitting in the Oval
Office, I know you can list the accomplishments, but at the same time just from
a spiritual perspective there are a lot of Christians who believe that for such
a time as this…”

“I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times, and I
think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president,” Sanders said, “And
that’s why he’s there. And I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a
lot of the things that people of faith really care about.”

A contributor to the conservative organization Media Research Center, Rebecca
Downs, pointed out that CNN anchor went after Sanders for her remark and that
Lorre was joining in.

“It’s also been established that it’s sexist and wrong to go after women for
their looks,” Downs wrote in a blog for the center. “Is it only liberal women
that this applies to?”

Chuck Lorre Productions has targeted Trump administration members in various
vanity cards at the end of the producer’s shows. The Sanders hit was card No.
612.

Last month, a Lorre vanity card referred to President Donald Trump as the
“Gangster-in-Chief” and stated he could attack “Pyongyang or Toronto in order to
distract from impeachment chatter.”

In October, a Lorre seemed to call on God to turn the midterm elections out of
President Donald Trump’s favor.

“Of course if you, in your divine wisdom, believe a fascist, hate-filled,
fear-mongering, demagogic, truth-shattering, autocratic golf cheater is what we
need right now, then, you know, thy will be done,” the card read. “But if thou
art inclined to more freedom, more love, more compassion, and just more of the
good stuff thou hath been promoting in our hearts or our parietal lobes—either
one, doesn’t really matter—I submissively ask that thy encourage voter turnout
in that general direction.”

The card also asked God to “please help” Russia probe special counsel Bob
Mueller and “guide him and make him strong, brave, wise and true.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from
Newsweek.

*
None of the Above
2019-02-10 15:56:14 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, None of the Above
says...
Post by None of the Above
So, yet another TV show that has long been empty on fresh ideas and
just shits out the usual lefty bilge. How unexpected.
That's the common complaint about the Trump administration and especially ole
Sarah. She was campaign manager for her fathers losing bid for 2016
presidential run.

A huge ratings winner for CBS but it might be cancelled next year after 12
fucking years...I guess they're just plain tired of "winning"

*